Thread: PC: Why the new camera perspectives don't work and how to fix it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Default PC: Why the new camera perspectives don't work and how to fix it

There was a change to prevent botters/macro users to abuse maps. The camera in pve maps was set to a random horizontal angle to make it impossible for players to record macros. This is something positive we all agree on I believe. However, the controls on pc do not support this kind of change, making the game very difficult and inconvenient to play on a computer (the browser version). The following pics are trying to explain mobile users why. I'm not trying to change this back, but I believe it needs some adjustments which have advantages for both mobile and pc users AND to make macro users unable to bot any map still:

You are only able to move into 8 directions at the computer (45° angles). Here are the controls on pc for those who dont play there usually:
    Name:  controlspc.png
Views: 382
Size:  10.4 KB

The old camera perspective was set in one of those angles. The red arrows show the movement possible on pc, the yellow lines show the one I would use to run through the map as quick as possible. Moving top/moving along the map was identical to one of the 8 directions:
    Name:  oldangle720p.png
Views: 380
Size:  1.49 MB

The new camera perspective does not support any of the 8 directions. Some angles are very difficult to run with pc controls, depending on which random view you get. Here is an example with the same controls/possible movement as highlighted in the previous picture:
    Name:  newangle720p.png
Views: 384
Size:  1.53 MB

For some this sounds like a minor deal still. But you have to consider that this happens with every map at any point ingame... plus there are some which can be much worse (22.5° angle + map with tiny paths). In my opinion this is impossible to run on a long term. For people who farm maps and run many many times, for hardcore players because in some angles its hard to pick mobs, for timed runners and many more: all have massive disadvantages compared to the mobile users. So here are my suggestions:
    - Make the camera perspective random but only allow 8 perspectives that are set up in 45° differences according to the pc controls. This change just needs to be done for pc, mobile users won't even see a difference probably.
    - Don't change the perspective every single run. It makes people dizzy, especially on larger screens like on PC. Change it every 10/15/30/60 minutes randomly to one of the 8 views. Bots still wont have a chance for that, more later.
    - Unlock the camera for pve maps just like you did on pvp. People can turn the camera back to another beneficial position while bots cant. Very important for harder maps, hardcores for example cant run maus if they cant see/focus mages.

For the macro part. The changes mentioned make it still impossible for bots to run maps. Most who code noticed that almost everybody who got reported, and was using such an abusive tool, was running with a simple recording software: you run one time, record the run and play it over and over again. Thats why you see so many expose-videos of fails on social media However, a few ones also used real coding languages with beginners AI. As somebody who is/was coding for around 5 years professionally I don't see how y suggestions can make it bot-able. I am not sure if I am allowed to post more info at this point into the thread. All I can say is that I believe that everybody who writes a high-level language on an advanced level can confirm that the information you need to contract from the screen is wayyy to much to run maps on every possible random condition we have now. If you still expect someone to bot you can report the player, I cant guarantee that I have considered everything. Maybe someone knows more than I do, but since I have nothing to do with this business I feel confident enough to share my ign plus this info. Someone who didnt use something like this should not get banned.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 11-06-2020 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Grammar

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

+1, good analize bro

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

+1 to thread, also current random camera doesn't prevent most of bots

The most simple maps to bot:
    -hauntlet
    -kraken 2 (or elite)

In hauntlet u need just run to right direction (with any possible angle of current "random" it will works anyway), in kraken 2 just go left 2 steps.
    With current camera things bots still able to get elite chests/essences/jewels, normal players have to run zigzags at maps like dm/maus 2-6 floors (which aren't even bottable)
    Last edited by reyals; 11-06-2020 at 06:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reyals View Post
    +1 to thread, also current random camera doesn't prevent most of bots

The most simple maps to bot:
    -hauntlet
    -kraken 2 (or elite)

In hauntlet u need just run to right direction (with any possible angle of current "random" it will works anyway), in kraken 2 just go left 2 steps.
    With current camera things bots still able to get elite chests/essences/jewels, normal players have to run zigzags at maps like dm/maus 2-6 floors (which aren't even bottable)
    Thats true. Maps with almost no movement are easily bot-able anyways. Havent considered those two, thanks for info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I would be happy if we get some suggestions on how to make playing on pc enjoyable again. Most pc users I know simply dont play there anymore. A dev response on if adjustments will be done or not would be nice too.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 11-09-2020 at 09:17 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Very well explained , +1 devs make it happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Thanks for the time you put into this Qua
    Avy
    12-2012

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

+1
    Also most people who bot do it to earn aps. Sts can always put a little checkbox for players to approve randomized camera angles if they want to earn aps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathlyreaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hi there

I think this is very bad for PC players. If you are a timed runner on PC, you cannot run certain dungeons the same anymore. You cannot run in a straight line like before, now you have to run in a jagged or stuttered way pressing W+D or W+A keys repeateadly to attempt to run straight, making you lose vital milliseconds in certain timed dungeons. Or you end up running against a wall which still makes you lose vital seconds. This does not affect mobile players of course as you have a full 360 range of turning.

I must say this was a poorly implemented and enforced idea by the devs. As PC players and people who run the dungeons on a daily basis or do timed runs, this has severley affected the way we play on pc and now gives mobile players a slight advantage when it comes to sneaking past mobs or getting a good start in some maps. This should be optional and not enforced as it means I have to be forced to play on mobile or tablet instead of PC, which i will not do. I'd prefer the old camera mode back please and i am sure many others would agree.

Thank you
    Last edited by Premonition; 11-17-2020 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Typo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Premonition For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    +1
    Also most people who bot do it to earn aps. Sts can always put a little checkbox for players to approve randomized camera angles if they want to earn aps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 to this, Good Idea, If people want to do APS, enable AP Check box in settings and let the camera be randomized. If it is not checked, let the camera be Normal default as before for timed runs or general spelunking