Thread: stat distribution & thoth/isis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default stat distribution & thoth/isis

i am now a level 45 paladin (darknature) and thought about how i should distribute my stats.
    definitely the minimum for strength is 142 but i don't know why you would want any more than 142. now you have stats left over so where is the best place to put them? all dex? all intel? first, i put just enough dex to make my hit 100% and then put rest into strength. (you have to be careful and put one attribution, looking at your stats each time) after i tried 142 strength and all dex. then i tried 142 strength and enough intel to make my m/s 2 mana more per second and then the rest into dex. and then i tried all strength. (lol this failed)
    yes i wasted a lot of platinums...

another topic; is it best to have two thoth and two isis? or three thoth and one isis? or all thoth?

discuss your ideas here.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

142 Str, and the rest in Dex to raise your Hit, Crit, Damage, Dodge, etc.. Once we have stat-driven skills some Int might be worthwhile but currently it is not. Most people want full Thoth on a Paladin, but I think 3 Thoth is plenty.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

isn't it better to have some intel also, to raise your mana and your mana regen? or is it too low that is it practically useless because you also have 142 strength.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoXu View Post
    or is it too low that is it practically useless because you also have 142 strength.
    Exactly. You need to have at least something in Dex to get your Hit% to 100, and even if you didn't, the difference between 39 Int (mage base plus 4 Thoth) and 110 (or whatever it would be if you spent in Int and used Thoth) is like 35 points of mana or so and 1 to 2 M/s, so totally not worth it.

Edit: However, I think it will be interesting to see what happens with stat-driven skills when we get them, and if Int will finally be a worthwhile attribute to spend in.
    Last edited by Royce; 08-09-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i put about 20-30 dex and then the rest into intel which is like 70 points into intel. i know that 70 intel isn't enough but...
    also if i put none into intel then i have about 100+ stats to put into dex. will that be enough to make my dodge and critical higher?
    also if i put all my remaining stats into intel then my hit% isn't 100 lol. and 100% hit is very important; one of the most important stat in my opinion.
    Last edited by Raxie; 08-09-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dont put any in int if you have full thoth. Trust me my pally has full thoth and never once has to use pots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i don't have full thoth. is it good to have full thoth? currently i have 3 thoth and 1 isis. i don't think 2 thoth and 2 isis work very well. my mana regen isn't fast enough to cast the spells i need to cast.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

three thoth is plenty, i get by with three thoth and my pocket legends shield.

but 4 thoth is better if u can get ur hands on a full set.

i have 142 str and all my leftover points in int, which gives me 2-3 more mana regen than some1 without, im sure it will come in handy more once skill conversion is out because i have zero dodge and it can get pretty messy sometimes if a boss crits me >_<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea i'm thinking i might have 4 thoth instead of 3 thoth and 1 isis. that 1 isis is kind of useless lol.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoXu View Post
    yea i'm thinking i might have 4 thoth instead of 3 thoth and 1 isis. that 1 isis is kind of useless lol.
    Isis gives you 8% Dodge, and 3 extra Armor, in addition to the 6 H/s. It's far from useless. It's actually the best overall item class in the game currently. Obviously as a mage-type you will want mana regen, but if you can make it with less than full Thoth, and use some Isis, it's definitely worth it.