Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About punishment to defaulters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Default About punishment to defaulters

There's a group of people in game who call others to come into discord and then offer them money for their actual items.
    Makes us uncomfortable and I reported a number of times with proof yet person still roaming when he broke ur most elite rule.

Please make them stop this behaviour since it's a way of scam and they can go either way framing u when they start this scam.

The way u can is by banning them.
    And I still see the people right there even when all the proof is given.
    Then that's when people get fed up and call out on forums since they got scammed and the scammer is on the loose which irritates them.

I understand u can't ban some people with out proper evidence, but I think this time I personally did provide with all the evidence of what that player is trying to do, and he is still roaming the game acting innocent.and I'm sure the activity the person is doing is a surefire ban yet no action.

This is why people are calling out names on forums as last resort to get the attention of u.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

If a Player report about an egregious violation doesn’t result in a ban it’s likely because the evidence of wrongdoing is insufficient or inconclusive.

As to your point, let me clarify something else: the incidents you’re describing are not representative of the vast majority of “call out” threads- as these are mostly about accusations of misdeeds related to in-game trades.

I appreciate everyone’s efforts to keep the game safe and fun for all. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Okay I got what you mean by the not as much proof making it inconclusive.
    So you're telling us that these people will exist and will keep calling us on discord to cite an offer and thwart us with google play gift cards and money and we just have to turn a blind eye , report and move on.

But if this does goes through.meaning a guy actually does this and buy items off real money.
    It will just seem a deal outside the game and it's illegal according to you yet this will continue happening when such people go unpunished.

I suggest if u don't find it conclusive u have to formulate a way to get to the base of this and pass judgement because I can tell u this is happening and I've been a victim and actively trying to convey to u as discreetly as possible.

Isn't This bad for ur business .and again many people are doing this.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Okay I got what you mean by the not as much proof making it inconclusive.
    So you're telling us that these people will exist and will keep calling us on discord to cite an offer and thwart us with google play gift cards and money and we just have to turn a blind eye , report and move on.

But if this does goes through.meaning a guy actually does this and buy items off real money.
    It will just seem a deal outside the game and it's illegal according to you yet this will continue happening when such people go unpunished.

I suggest if u don't find it conclusive u have to formulate a way to get to the base of this and pass judgement because I can tell u this is happening and I've been a victim and actively trying to convey to u as discreetly as possible.

Isn't This bad for ur business .and again many people are doing this.
    Don't sell items for real money! If you can't ignore an opportunity to sell game assets for cash you will (at some point) get scammed big-time. I'm sorry to hear that you are a victim of "real money" scamming - but it is strictly against our terms for you to sell these game assets. We have this policy so that people will ignore incoming requests to trade game assets for cash because we know that it will likely lead to a scam.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

I'm strictly against that.
    I just thought getting these people should be brought to your notice is a priority.
    I understand what ur saying.
    Thank you for taking ur time cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Accounts and items have been selling for real money for a long time. This is not new. If someone tries to offer you cash in-game, just take screenshots and mail them to STS. If it happens outside of the game, there is not much you can do, as STS have no jurisdiction in other platforms as Discord, Facebook and others (I mean that they can't control people there). The best way in which you can avoid all this type of problems is simply ignoring that kind of people. If you are a clean player and respect the ToS then you will be fine. Eventually the time will come for people who make deals with real money. They will end up losing big amounts of money. You can call that karma if you want, but it's reality as this kind of deals are an easy way to scam. I think that's why STS prohibits this kind of actions in their ToS.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Jaffo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jaffo View Post
    Accounts and items have been selling for real money for a long time. This is not new. If someone tries to offer you cash in-game, just take screenshots and mail them to STS. If it happens outside of the game, there is not much you can do, as STS have no jurisdiction in other platforms as Discord, Facebook and others (I mean that they can't control people there). The best way in which you can avoid all this type of problems is simply ignoring that kind of people. If you are a clean player and respect the ToS then you will be fine. Eventually the time will come for people who make deals with real money. They will end up losing big amounts of money. You can call that karma if you want, but it's reality as this kind of deals are an easy way to scam. I think that's why STS prohibits this kind of actions in their ToS.
    Agreed.
    I did do that sending screenshots and proof but I guess it's out of their jurisdiction as u said.
    Just let karma do it's thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jaffo View Post
    Regardless, nothing keeps StS employees to infiltrate those groups, get names & bust the origanization from the inside, even if its only one player they catch thats 1 less person to worry about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

STS is not god of the world, or of the internets, or of Discord. Things happen outside games. Just like all laws, they have a certain jurisdiction. It is frustrating, but king of the universe does not actually exist. Yet.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Regardless, nothing keeps StS employees to infiltrate those groups, get names & bust the origanization from the inside, even if its only one player they catch thats 1 less person to worry about
    I must say I agree with what you said. They could and must do that, but I don't want to ask why they haven't done that. At the end of the day, it's STS who decides what to do with their game.
    Last edited by Saint Jaffo; 11-14-2020 at 04:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    If it happens outside the game, they don't have any obligation to infiltrate any organization, they are not the government, just avoid people like that i think sts made a thread about avoiding getting scammed for real world cash