Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Something to consider

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Razererxx View Post
    I think main prirority should be advertising and getting new players and also better guides. Game is just slowly but surely dying
    According to forums, this game is “slowly but surely” dying since 2016
    As long as the main plat spenders (and there are a lot) dont leave the game the game wont die.
    And the main plat spenders probably wont quit this game easily because why would you leave a game where you invested thousands of dollars?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default Something to consider

If you love the game and want them to advertise then pitch in, nothing is free. Advertising cost a lot but with the help of players it can be possible and bring new players like 2013-2014 all over again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

That's true but let's get more people into the game be it plat spenders or f2p players.
    More is better in this case I'm sure
    We just want a more active base in the long run and would like if the developers allocate some resources in this regard.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If there are no new players coming into the game, or they come at a very low rate. And there are also people leaving the game, by either quitting for good, or quitting for a time period. Eventually the 2 lines will align and there will be a really small player pool. And those heavy plat spenders themselves will quit, since if there's no one to play with/ interact with, they won't have any purpose anymore. If the new players entering and staying exceeds the players that are quitting/leaving, the game would atleast have a stable or even rising player pool. And by that there will be more players buying plat, which would in turn generate more revenue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

AL is hard/not appealing for new players who want instant gratification. AL is a long grinding game so the "candy crush" crowd will not be particularly attracted to this kind of game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

its also a mature game in its product cycle so...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentkill View Post
    According to forums, this game is “slowly but surely” dying since 2016
    As long as the main plat spenders (and there are a lot) dont leave the game the game wont die.
    And the main plat spenders probably wont quit this game easily because why would you leave a game where you invested thousands of dollars?
    Yeah but you will be left with few k people and thats it. So we should simply let it be like this only because there is sustainable amount of cash flowing to company? This is freaking company and this is bussines, you can either get small pieces of money like this or axtually try something and get more money. How long will this be sustainable? 5 years? 10 years? And what happens when it crashes? When plat spenders get tired of game and there is no money? What happens then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Yeah but you will be left with few k people and thats it. So we should simply let it be like this only because there is sustainable amount of cash flowing to company? This is freaking company and this is bussines, you can either get small pieces of money like this or axtually try something and get more money. How long will this be sustainable? 5 years? 10 years? And what happens when it crashes? When plat spenders get tired of game and there is no money? What happens then?
    Isn't there a way to create more plat buyers instead of letting the present play buyers get bored and leave to wait for the impending death?
    I say not and do something to make more new players .there myt be lot of spenders who still aren't in the game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

This game really is a ticking time bomb. Sad.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Isn't there a way to create more plat buyers instead of letting the present play buyers get bored and leave to wait for the impending death?
    I say not and do something to make more new players .there myt be lot of spenders who still aren't in the game..
    Well thats what i am saying, advertising+guides. Easy money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

[QUOTE=Razererxx;3410453........................ Game is .... ...... ...... dying[/QUOTE]

Just about 8 years I have played, and many times I’ve see the above comment. Players come and go, sometimes a lot, sometimes not so much. Don’t mean the game is dying.

To the OP:

Brilliant ideas
    Avy
    12-2012

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Just about 8 years I have played, and many times I’ve see the above comment. Players come and go, sometimes a lot, sometimes not so much. Don’t mean the game is dying.

To the OP:

Brilliant ideas
    Okay, lets go with assumption game isnt dying. Is it then living its full potential? Is it popular and known in gaming community? Are mechanics, guides well written and made good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Okay, lets go with assumption game isnt dying. Is it then living its full potential? Is it popular and known in gaming community? Are mechanics, guides well written and made good?
    How should I know? I just play and not worry. AL isn’t my life, zero worries.
    Avy
    12-2012

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

+1 for the suggestions from the op to imcrease activity aslong as they cant get abused
    -1 for the white-knights who try to "save the game"

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I think you forget one part tho, its a mobile game in the end. You cant compare it with calibers like Destiny or Warframe or WoW. Also, with the PS5 release, many many people are only focusing on these new gaming platforms.
    I can only talk for myself but when the PS5 launches on 19th Nov in my country I will prob not play AL for another 2-3 months even tho I like the game.

Maybe that was a bit off-topic but I think we can anticipate a lower player count the next few months, could be wrong tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

we need Arcane Legends for Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

The intentions are good, but dont start doing “monthly subscriptions” or premium doodliedoos.
    This will only make AL look like another one of those cashgrab clones, we DONT need this
    For the rest i really like the ideas, but i think a simpler approach (which i have thoroughly explained and worked out in a similar post like this a while back, would be a forced community/dev made player guide to help the player thru the base steps of the game, and even beyond this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

New systems for pvp have been implemented, a new vanity item that has successfully sold out multiple times in 2 events alone costing 1750 platinum ($100) each, expansion on the horizon, huge forum contests (Tour of Arlor II), and many other great updates that have honestly livened up AL recently. Sts is clearly trying to make AL a more fun gaming experience for the entire community one update at a time, that isn’t what I would call a dying game.

Perhaps take a break, maybe you’ll find the fun again when you return and won’t find the need to act like a clown on the forums.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowman Is here For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Hi guys,
    I just felt this after talking to a friend in game.Many have suggested this but..
    A game without influx of new players is a dead game..maybe not now but in some time.
    And I feel the new player reward system is bad and is very hard to progress.
    The point I'm trying to make is..
    Just wondering if people here could come up with different easy to implement ideas that can get more people into the game,I mean genuine new players who try AL for the first time and get hooked rather than getting scared by the vastness of what AL is today..even for us.

We can provide input for new player experience which the developers may or may not consider, but I think they will give this a read and more people is good for their game.
    Some ideas are :
    1.) Can enter the auction house but not be able to trade.(to see how it is)
    2.)to bring factions that give a nice looking vanity which u can choose from in the early stage.
    3.) daily login rewards or premium content as monthly subs.
    4.)"call for arms" option where a global call for help in any map for a player pops in chat screen in different vibrant color and any of the players (any level) can respond.(and more the help done,banner or reward or tokens can be given to encourage more people helping new players).
    5.) Bringing back actual item dropping maps.Good equipment /chests/eggs promising from map makes a ton of difference even if the drop rate is cosmicslly low.People are motivated more to run these.
    6.)In Every map there has to be a new button called loot chart which shows u all the loot that can be obtained from here.Makes it the more interesting.

These are just a few..please give them more ideas which they can try to implement, if they want.
    Good ideas. Especially the calls to arm. I like to help those who are entirely new to gaming. But I don’t wait around for a player yell help in a town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

nice thread or idea there!

if i can add more,
    devs need to do something in game that will make players spends their gold to make less gold flooding in game, cause everything going so high and higher in prices now.

maybe most rich players dont care about it or we just think "no problem with that we can do farming much gold these days"

but how about the new comers? im sure they will face a thing -"its so hard to catch up with this game"
    not asking a game to become everything easy and free. but to make it more reasonable afrodable to all players,so more new players can come, stay and keep playing.

i give some example:
    - some new player come to this game,playing and try to be in game content like others,and so this player need to upgrading his hero gear,see need weapon to go but it cost 50-100mil it just too much because gold inflation economy. if that weapon cost around 2m-10m maybe this become reasonable to go play more to get it.

so much gold keep getting looted in the game but there is not much things can make gold dissapear from the game economy.

*just some idea to make gold going normal is add something consumable things in game that cost gold but not breaking the game balance. so it just costumize things,

my idea example:
    - add super cool vanity or aura at sirspendalot where we have to spend much for that but that items have time durabilty.100m vanity or aura but can be expired after 100days purchased days maybe?
    - or special emoticon just like 'can do siting or dancing in town' for 25m for a limited time maybe 30days.
    - limited duration time of pet skins vanity for 1m/day

#just some idea,thankyou

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldguest For This Useful Post: