Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something to consider

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Default Something to consider

Hi guys,
    I just felt this after talking to a friend in game.Many have suggested this but..
    A game without influx of new players is a dead game..maybe not now but in some time.
    And I feel the new player reward system is bad and is very hard to progress.
    The point I'm trying to make is..
    Just wondering if people here could come up with different easy to implement ideas that can get more people into the game,I mean genuine new players who try AL for the first time and get hooked rather than getting scared by the vastness of what AL is today..even for us.

We can provide input for new player experience which the developers may or may not consider, but I think they will give this a read and more people is good for their game.
    Some ideas are :
    1.) Can enter the auction house but not be able to trade.(to see how it is)
    2.)to bring factions that give a nice looking vanity which u can choose from in the early stage.
    3.) daily login rewards or premium content as monthly subs.
    4.)"call for arms" option where a global call for help in any map for a player pops in chat screen in different vibrant color and any of the players (any level) can respond.(and more the help done,banner or reward or tokens can be given to encourage more people helping new players).
    5.) Bringing back actual item dropping maps.Good equipment /chests/eggs promising from map makes a ton of difference even if the drop rate is cosmicslly low.People are motivated more to run these.
    6.)In Every map there has to be a new button called loot chart which shows u all the loot that can be obtained from here.Makes it the more interesting.

These are just a few..please give them more ideas which they can try to implement, if they want.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythocrisis For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree that we need to make arcane legends more appealing to new players. As of right now, arcane legends is not a game that new players pick up and get hooked too. One suggestion is to make features of the game not be behind a level wall. For example, make playing hardcore mode possible at any level, not only 71+.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

The loot chart option in a map would be op for all. The "call to arms" thing, would be very annoying unless if we can choose to have it on.
    Prefer it to be like pocket legends where if we press a map we can see the current hosted servers and join people manually in those maps and make private servers.
    I don't get why new players have such a hard time in maps constantly, these maps aren't hard if they would just stay with their lvl specific maps. Example lv 57 trying to do festerfang. Go to underhul where you are supposed to be or graveyard or elite maps that give exp do dailies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    The loot chart option in a map would be op for all. The "call to arms" thing, would be very annoying unless if we can choose to have it on.
    Prefer it to be like pocket legends where if we press a map we can see the current hosted servers and join people manually in those maps and make private servers.
    I don't get why new players have such a hard time in maps constantly, these maps aren't hard if they would just stay with their lvl specific maps. Example lv 57 trying to do festerfang. Go to underhul where you are supposed to be or graveyard or elite maps that give exp do dailies.
    Its not that they are hard, its that its boring. A new player entering the game and joining an empty map is definitely gonna make it a boring experience. Having people to run with you and talk to while running will make the experience less boring.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Exactly the game is extremely boring as a new player, who has to start off from scratch. If I didn't have my old accounts login info, I personally wouldn't of game back after my 2-3 year break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I agree with everything tbh. The chart would be useful in farming things. It would be even better if they show the rates of drops. In my experience, the thing that turns off players from playing AL is the boring grind of daily quests. I introduced AL to 2 of my friends irl and they quit after reaching level 61 because it takes days to level up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoorCharlatan View Post
    Its not that they are hard, its that its boring. A new player entering the game and joining an empty map is definitely gonna make it a boring experience. Having people to run with you and talk to while running will make the experience less boring.

I see but if sts would add the server list like in pocket legends then that could fix that issue alot.
    In al lv 57 players can't join lv 76 players in maps unless they are in a party or friend list guild list join opt.
    Low level players can use the list to join other players in the map any lvl. If someone starts killing enemies then most of the time it won't let someone else join. The server sys could fix that and display distance 0% being the start of the map 100% being at the boss, and it displays player(s) (player name ) per server in the list.
    I tell you though, the most annoying shet ever is when a new player begs you for help and so you help him and at the end of the run he begs you for items. Tell him no and he shet talks you and leaves pt joins a diff map.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Encryptions; 11-14-2020 at 07:34 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post

I tell you though, the most annoying shet ever is when a new player begs you for help and so you help him and at the end of the run he begs you for items. Tell him no and he shet talks you and leaves pt joins a diff map.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Haha, that happens to me sometimes too. I just give them eggs that stockpiled in my inv and I'm too lazy to sell. They're cheap and makes them happy, whats there to lose?

Also to add to the call to arms thing:

It can be a system like posting a request. Like say:

Looking for members to do daily quests
    Members [1/4]

Then add an apply button and the leader will be able to view your profile. This will help in making parties. You have the choice to make it public or make it have a requirement.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Arcane legends can still be going strong for many years to come, if some new players end up staying. In reality it seems like maybe 5% of new players end up staying whereas people are quitting or start playing way less every single day. Sooner or later the player pool will get to a point where its very small, which is something that needs to be avoided.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I like to donating to new players. The problem is distinguishing between the new players and the professional beggars. Maybe an NPC Ally Santa where players Elves can donate items and new players can get 1 item a day. Gold could also be donated in set amounts. It can be abused but should be less annoying than beggars. Maybe 1 in Windmoore, 1 in Travellers, and 1 in Kraag? Redeeming players would not be able to see the gift. It is random and blind.

Star light, star bright...

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Hi guys,
    I just felt this after talking to a friend in game.Many have suggested this but..
    A game without influx of new players is a dead game..maybe not now but in some time.
    And I feel the new player reward system is bad and is very hard to progress.
    The point I'm trying to make is..
    Just wondering if people here could come up with different easy to implement ideas that can get more people into the game,I mean genuine new players who try AL for the first time and get hooked rather than getting scared by the vastness of what AL is today..even for us.

We can provide input for new player experience which the developers may or may not consider, but I think they will give this a read and more people is good for their game.
    Some ideas are :
    1.) Can enter the auction house but not be able to trade.(to see how it is)
    2.)to bring factions that give a nice looking vanity which u can choose from in the early stage.
    3.) daily login rewards or premium content as monthly subs.
    4.)"call for arms" option where a global call for help in any map for a player pops in chat screen in different vibrant color and any of the players (any level) can respond.(and more the help done,banner or reward or tokens can be given to encourage more people helping new players).
    5.) Bringing back actual item dropping maps.Good equipment /chests/eggs promising from map makes a ton of difference even if the drop rate is cosmicslly low.People are motivated more to run these.
    6.)In Every map there has to be a new button called loot chart which shows u all the loot that can be obtained from here.Makes it the more interesting.

These are just a few..please give them more ideas which they can try to implement, if they want.
    - I like the idea of bringing factions. We already have something like that but no exactly like that tho (the blue and red factions on Festerfang). Introducing two global factions would be cool. Like one of them being the evil faction which would be lead by Rutger, and the good faction that could be leadered by the ghost of Vili/Uller/Himingleva, or having a faction to tribute them. Dang I got so many ideas regarding factions.
    - The daily reward is algo a good idea. They should introduce something new. The allies like Shazbot and Klass I think was his name, are too old. I mean, they should stay because elixirs are useful, but a daily reward like X amount of gold, tokens, legendary equipment.
    - I would totally hate the "Call for Arms". I'm not against helping new players, but if it is a global call our devices would explode due to spammers that can't complete a map because they are lower than the level required. Instead of it being a global call, they could make it to work inside guilds. This is a good way to stop the random party invitations.
    - We absolutely need the old farming system. I really miss farming lockeds with a luck elixir. Ah, such good days were those.
    - The loot chart would be amazing. Besides including the items, I would like to see a percentage also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Hey I also thought about adding a gameplay feature at the lowest levels where there is an npc which talks about trading and just talks about all the cool items that this game has and says check it out and then also goes u a favour to experience.
    The favour is they can select anything from a set of preexisting vanity(since gear wouldn't scale to low level) and it will be on them...for one map clearance.
    And at the end of the map with whatever hear and vanity they equipped , u say to access this feature can be unlocked by 30 story tokens and show that vendor.

I say this to make it interactive as new players do not know the awesomeness of the auction house and are not even obliged to check it out before they think they have had enough of the game.

These are just ideas.it will be better if u guys add ur own thoughts than rating them.these are just things I thought good or bad.the more we have, the easier is for them to choose.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythocrisis For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Imo, every player who starts playing AL fresh will immediately think its a dead game. Windmoore is mostly empty, Garetta Village is empty and all maps who are not run by endgame players are also empty. They play a MMORPG for the social aspect but they barely get anything from that unless they reach endgame. Now that wouldn’t be a problem if new players would be aware that there is indeed a bigger endgame playerbase, but they probably aren’t aware of that. All they see is empty maps, because all maps that contain a lot of players (Expedition Camp, Festerfang Outpost, Vardan Valley) are locked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

To be honest, if i was a new player, i wouldnt play this game....back then at 2013-2015 there was so many players, game have been advertised at many places...now its kinda dead at early game, no marketing, just ads for elixir so company gets more gold, without investing it for new players/advertising the game... I hope this changes soon, because its a long time this happens...

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hadec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadec View Post
    To be honest, if i was a new player, i wouldnt play this game....back then at 2013-2015 there was so many players, game have been advertised at many places...now its kinda dead at early game, no marketing, just ads for elixir so company gets more gold, without investing it for new players/advertising the game... I hope this changes soon, because its a long time this happens...

This is exactly why the developers should have some plan for such small things to improve or even put some effort again in advertising so can achieve it's new player base.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    This is exactly why the developers should have some plan for such small things to improve or even put some effort again in advertising so can achieve it's new player base.
    Many years passed, with 5% progress...why you think it will change now, bud?

Fear is my second name...sometimes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

I thought now because recently the developers are listening to what the community is desiring.
    Be it vanities or content or events they are considering.
    Plus this will enhance their own game and increase the traffic by some small implementations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

+1 i hope devs take some of this ideas
    It also would be nice to have some more quests like weekly boltag, where you get 7.8k gold.
    Or some tutorial options. Events should be low lvl friendly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1 I would rlly want something like a seasonal pass to be added into the game or at the very least daily login rewards.

edit: Great ideas!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I think main prirority should be advertising and getting new players and also better guides. Game is just slowly but surely dying