Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theorycrafting Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Theorycrafting Wiki

Hello everyone.

I spent some time, but couldn't find such a thread or answers to some questions. I would like to make a discussion about all kinds of itemization or mechanics. Can maintain the thread as a wiki if it grows.
    My questions are:

What is the crit cap?
    What is the armor cap?
    How is damage calculated? (Happyness bonus, boss/elite dmg, different kinds of damage elixir, skull wep procs and so on) Do they all stack or there is a different formula?
    What does stacking damage (happyness bonus) mean?

Please provide information how you got to the answers.
    Best regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iseenoobs View Post
    Hello everyone.

I spent some time, but couldn't find such a thread or answers to some questions. I would like to make a discussion about all kinds of itemization or mechanics. Can maintain the thread as a wiki if it grows.
    My questions are:

What is the crit cap?
    What is the armor cap?
    How is damage calculated? (Happyness bonus, boss/elite dmg, different kinds of damage elixir, skull wep procs and so on) Do they all stack or there is a different formula?

Please provide information how you got to the answers.
    Best regards
    Crit cap 100%.
    https://youtu.be/qgjewuB0hbM
    Armor cap lv 76 is 8215. Confirmed by Futumsh, there is one person I know who knows how to calculate armor cap per level but won't say who or how.
    Damage is straight foward except pets' (stacking damage) which is trash.
    1000 damage with electra and doz axe proc. Electra 35% damage makes 1350 damage + doz axe proc 300% of 1350 = 4050.
    Now stacking. 1000 damage with 35% stacking and doz axe. Since its stacking its last. 1000x 300% is 3000 + 1000x .35 = 350+3000=3350 damage.
    The only good stacking damage is the 25% damage elixir. For base stat looks tbh.
    Boss damage elite damage. If you have 100k base damage attack and have 50% boss damage or 50% ed. 100k times .5 is 50k. Thats the extra damage then take 50k and add it to 100k now its 150k damage to bosses. Bosses and enemies do have armor migitation how ever you spell it so they take less damage which confused me marroos and jarrius once. Marroos had 200+ bd and 200k damage in evg yet was hitting the bosses for only 250k damage or less when we were thinking it should of been 600k+ because 200 bd of 200k dmg is 400k dmg plus 200k is 600k.
    Extra info - reflection. Reflection is always the first factor when taking damage. Futumsh said. This is godly op because ebon aegis does 2k% dmg reflection [20 times damage taken]. The damage intake line. Enemy hits you > random math number generated> reflection of 2000% is active reflects 2000% of damage taken to enemy> damage intake is deducted by armor etc then elixirs and pets dmg redu % and finally goes to your health. Lots of math into damage intake but an example.
    Take 10000 damage, 10000x 20 =200k damage reflect. Then 10000 damage × .8 for max armor dmg redu [80%]. You get 10000 - 8000= 2000 then say you have nekro on and it takes 40% dmg redu so 2000 times .4 = 800 and you take 1200 damage. Level 76 with eb aeg is 1000% dmg reflect.
    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Encryptions; 11-17-2020 at 02:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

How reflection decreases
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 11-22-2020 at 05:31 AM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Thought you wanted to keep this secret.

Last edited by Encryptions; 11-16-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Message Deleted
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 11-16-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post

Ultimately, But its a game after all, to conceal how mechanics work and only when asked is quite low (@Devs). Then again, you have the "explore and find out yourself" narrative so theres that...

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Yeah usually the smallest amount of information is the biggest part of something.
    In low level pvp people can find out the armor cap to the level then find what number the cap is 75% of. In order to be immune to 25% armor reduction. Then focus on damage mainly instead of all armor. Unless you are warr then do hp.
    Example armor cap is 1000 and you do 1333 armor because 25% of 1333 is 333. 1333-333=1000 which is the cap. 25% armor debuff resistance which is what most all attacks have other than pets passives which do 30%-40%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Blablabla idk blablabla
    Last edited by Antispace; 11-16-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Yeah usually the smallest amount of information is the biggest part of something.
    In low level pvp people can find out the armor cap to the level then find what number the cap is 75% of. In order to be immune to 25% armor reduction. Then focus on damage mainly instead of all armor. Unless you are warr then do hp.
    Example armor cap is 1000 and you do 1333 armor because 25% of 1333 is 333. 1333-333=1000 which is the cap. 25% armor debuff resistance which is what most all attacks have other than pets passives which do 30%-40%.

I wonder if you also calculated the impact of you hoarding all red balloon banners

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

On a serious note tho, you should create your own thread for this. Posting this as a reply won't really help you to share the formulas.
    Last edited by Antispace; 11-16-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Antispace View Post
    Hey idiot I wonder if you calculated the amount of gold you manipulated with those red balloons.
    Go back to 2018 late poster.

Last edited by Encryptions; 11-16-2020 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Crit cap 70% I am not fully sure but have seen ppl say this.
    Armor cap lv 76 is 8215. Confirmed by Futumsh, there is one person I know who knows how to calculate armor cap per level but won't say who or how.
    Damage is straight foward except pets' (stacking damage) which is trash.
    1000 damage with electra and doz axe proc. Electra 35% damage makes 1350 damage + doz axe proc 300% of 1350 = 4050.
    Now stacking. 1000 damage with 35% stacking and doz axe. Since its stacking its last. 1000x 300% is 3000 + 1000x .35 = 350+3000=3350 damage.
    The only good stacking damage is the 25% damage elixir. For base stat looks tbh.
    Boss damage elite damage. If you have 100k base damage attack and have 50% boss damage or 50% ed. 100k times .5 is 50k. Thats the extra damage then take 50k and add it to 100k now its 150k damage to bosses. Bosses and enemies do have armor migitation how ever you spell it so they take less damage which confused me marroos and jarrius once. Marroos had 200+ bd and 200k damage in evg yet was hitting the bosses for only 250k damage or less when we were thinking it should of been 600k+ because 200 bd of 200k dmg is 400k dmg plus 200k is 600k.
    Extra info - reflection. Reflection is always the first factor when taking damage. Futumsh said. This is godly op because ebon aegis does 2k% dmg reflection [20 times damage taken]. The damage intake line. Enemy hits you > random math number generated> reflection of 2000% is active reflects 2000% of damage taken to enemy> damage intake is deducted by armor etc then elixirs and pets dmg redu % and finally goes to your health. Lots of math into damage intake but an example.
    Take 10000 damage, 10000x 20 =200k damage reflect. Then 10000 damage × .8 for max armor dmg redu [80%]. You get 10000 - 8000= 2000 then say you have nekro on and it takes 40% dmg redu so 2000 times .4 = 800 and you take 1200 damage. Level 76 with eb aeg is 1000% dmg reflect.
    There is no crit cap mr warrior forever , you would've known if you ever played rogue. 100% crit is the max effective value u can have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

What is the crit cap?
    I'm pretty sure the crit chance cap is 100%.

First off, there are two different types of damage multipliers.

1.There is the base damage multiplier. This is the damage multiplier used on 30% damage elixirs and most pet happiness bonuses. Only the highest base damage multiplier is counted.

Here is an example:
    If you have a pet with 35% damage as a happy bonus, then use a 30% damage elixir, your damage will not change because the happy bonus has a higher value than the elixir, so it is used and the elixir is ignored.

This is applied after your damage is calculated from int, dex, str, bonus dmg, and raw damage.

How int, dex, and str affects damage also depends on class. Sorcerers don't get a damage increase from str, but warriors can.

2.There is also the stacking damage multiplier. Stacking damage is what multiplies your damage even further after the base damage multiplier is applied. Stats that fall into this category are stacking damage, boss damage, and elite damage. This multiplier is calculated by simply adding up all the stacking damage, boss damage, and elite damage percentages together.

Here is a formula to summarize:

(Damage from bonus damage, int, dex, str, raw damage) x (1 + Highest Base Damage %) x (1 + Stacking Damage % + Boss Damage % + Elite Damage % )

I made this post in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    Heroic Churro and Armored Zhulong have near identical happiness bonuses. Heroic Churro gives 5 more str, dex, int than Armored Zhulong, but Armored Zhulong has 20% boss and elite damage. Here's the high and low values I got from testing on orrick:

Heroic Churro

Attachment 219865

Attachment 219866

Armored Zhulong
    Attachment 219867

Attachment 219868
    One last thing I wanna mention is that I have also been working on breaking down how int, dex, str, bonus damage, and raw damage work with damage calculation. It turns out it's pretty complicated, mainly because of the bonus damage. On sorcerer, the raw damage for str gives is 0, dex is 0.5, and int is 0.015. I found these values through tinkering around with stats and dueling and using grimm to apply the int,dex,str debuff. With 0 str, dex, int, and 100% bonus damage, sorcerer's damage is 1.00.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 11-17-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyv.io View Post
    There is no crit cap mr warrior forever , you would've known if you ever played rogue. 100% crit is the max effective value u can have
    Just tested it on my warrior got 210% crit and not a single hit did not crit. All hits while having 100+% crit will be crit hit.
    I was told in the past the limit was 70% but never tested until now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Just tested it on my warrior got 210% crit and not a single hit did not crit. All hits while having 100+% crit will be crit hit.
    I was told in the past the limit was 70% but never tested until now.

I'm a rogue, I have 105% crit and I crit everytime I hit. Maybe it's with warriors I've never reached high crit with war

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I have a different formula with Damage. I did a lot of testing and this formula was the closest one that made sense with my findings:

BaseDmg x (ChestDmgElixir or normal%pet dmg buff) x (AdDmgElixir+%Stacking Pet Dmg+weapon proc+armor proc+BD+ED)

Your Base Dmg is the damage you have with no lix or any other dmg multiplier such as pet HB.

Weapon proc and armor proc mostly refers to the 76 arcane weapons and armor. I wasn’t able to test with 71 arcanes. As to the exact % of each proc i think it differs by class but this can be easily derived.

Only add the BD and ED if you are in a map that fits those criteria

Other players think that BD and ED is multiplicative with everything else but my findings did not show this. Another reason I don’t think this is the case is simply because it would be too op. The damage one can do if this is multiplicative on top of procs is simply too great and I don’t think this would be sts’ intention.

On a side note: it is extremely hard to test or figure out the formula of how much damage players deal because there is a range, so take this with a grain of salt. However the analysis of armor and damage reduction mentioned above is 99% likely the case because there are ways to get consistent damage done to players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post

One last thing I wanna mention is that I have also been working on breaking down how int, dex, str, bonus damage, and raw damage work with damage calculation. It turns out it's pretty complicated, mainly because of the bonus damage. On sorcerer, the raw damage for str gives is 0, dex is 0.5, and int is 0.015. I found these values through tinkering around with stats and dueling and using grimm to apply the int,dex,str debuff. With 0 str, dex, int, and 100% bonus damage, sorcerer's damage is 1.00.
    Yea this is extremely hard to figure out. I don’t know if you know this or not but every raw dmg you have gets multiplied by your %bonus damage so let’s say you open a cryostar awakening gem which gives 2.5 dmg and you have 990% bonus damage the damage you receive is 2.5x9.90—>notice how it’s not 2.5x(1+9.90). So what makes it complicated is that every time you add to your primary stat you are also adding raw dmg and %bonus damage.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    I have a different formula with Damage. I did a lot of testing and this formula was the closest one that made sense with my findings:

BaseDmg x (ChestDmgElixir or normal%pet dmg buff) x (AdDmgElixir+%Stacking Pet Dmg+weapon proc+armor proc +BD + ED)
    armor proc is 'not stacking type', when u get it - other 'not stacking' buffs aren't working
    formula should be like:
    BaseDmg x (highest of 'not stacking' %dmg) x (addmg elix+%stacking pet dmg + weapon proc + arti proc + all other stacking dmg buffs like guen,werewiger,seirian.....+bd + ed)
    Last edited by reyals; 11-18-2020 at 02:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reyals View Post
    armor proc is not stacking type, when u get it - other 'not stacking' buffs aren't working
    formula should be like:
    BaseDmg x (highest of not stacking %dmg) x (addmg elix+%stacking pet dmg + weapon proc + arti proc + all other stacking dmg buffs like guen,werewiger,seirian.....) x (bd+ed)
    oh right yes thank you for clarifying i think i tested the duggar daggers and armor proc separately to get the % from each and just assumed they stacked together. I agree with everything there except for bd and ed being multiplicative to everything else. Unless someone can show me how they reached that conclusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyv.io View Post
    I'm a rogue, I have 105% crit and I crit everytime I hit. Maybe it's with warriors I've never reached high crit with war
    I mean like 100%+ crit will crit every hit I made a yt vid on it. https://youtu.be/qgjewuB0hbM

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    I agree with everything there except for bd and ed being multiplicative to everything else.
    checked it, you were right, edited my post now...