Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Fix the spawns in pvp rn

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Default Fix the spawns in pvp rn

. .
    Last edited by holdmytalons; 07-16-2021 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

ye

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Explain it in a way that might be understood. Good luck.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Ill put it this simple put spawns back the way they were this new spawn system is garbage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I've never seen any update about changing the spawn system, they didn't change anything about it. What's happening now is like a glitch, to fix it we need to find how and when its happening. But if I'm not mistaken this started after they updated/removed Founders' Helm stats on Honor maps?

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holdmytalons View Post
    Ill put it this simple put spawns back the way they were this new spawn system is garbage
    Meaningless and unhelpful.

Player spawn system for PvP has never been deliberately altered. To solve the issue it is critical for me to know what is expected versus what is happening (in articulate detail - or at least as a complete thought) so it can be fixed.

Perhaps someone with greater understanding of the issue can explain it? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endpoints View Post
    I've never seen any update about changing the spawn system, they didn't change anything about it. What's happening now is like a glitch, to fix it we need to find how and when its happening. But if I'm not mistaken this started after they updated/removed Founders' Helm stats on Honor maps?
    When you say “this started,” what is it that started happening? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

There was an update to the game over a year ago that removed Founders' Helm stats from Honor maps.

For some odd reason, the update caused pvp spawns to change. Instead of a player spawning on the opposite side of a map, the player will now sometimes spawn on top of you if you are standing on a spawn location. This almost never happened before the update because the game recognized that there was a player on spawn point A and instead spawned the other player on spawn point B. This recognization has seemingly been removed from the game and now it's completely random. What was once something that never happened in the game (a player spawning on top of another) sometimes happens multiple times in a single game now.

You can see why this would be unfair. A player has no time to react and immediately gets killed when spawning again on top of another player who is already buffed.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    There was an update to the game over a year ago that removed Founders' Helm stats from Honor maps.

For some odd reason, the update caused pvp spawns to change. Instead of a player spawning on the opposite side of a map, the player will now sometimes spawn on top of you if you are standing on a spawn location. This almost never happened before the update because the game recognized that there was a player on spawn point A and instead spawned the other player on spawn point B. This recognization has seemingly been removed from the game and now it's completely random. What was once something that never happened in the game (a player spawning on top of another) sometimes happens multiple times in a single game now.

You can see why this would be unfair. A player has no time to react and immediately gets killed when spawning again on top of another player who is already buffed.
    Does this happen to you on every map in the game? New ones as well as old ones? There are some data differences in the spawn locations for older maps versus new ones so it would help me to know if it's more or less prevalent depending upon the map.

Also, does this happen every time you respawn? If not, what is the relative frequency of the issue? I'm assuming that it's not every time because our local tests don't exhibit this issue - but, on the outside chance that it happens every time you respawn, it would mean something fundamentally different between local and live game configurations.

Thanks!
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

The old spawn system was such that player is spawned at farthest spawn point from the opponents possible, now it's totally opposite, now player spawn closest to opponents.

If that wasn't simple, when u tryna pvp and got killed by some noobs then u wanna spawn, and u spawn right among opponents, so that when u spawn, there're 3 opponents (most of em are buffed) trying to kill u who just spawned among them, (ur unbuffed and also u also lose small time depending upon ur ping and device) so unless ur OP est, u really can't do much in that situation other than simply dying and cussing the devs, I mean I don't blame but for those who blame.

Again if that wasn't enough, few players in honor tracks spwn spots and learn their behavior then after killing opponent in a ffa, they sit right beside the possible spwn point and insta kill u, since they have al the advantages, if u think, learning the spwn behavior is hard and possibility is low, I'd say rethink, 5-6 times consecutively can happen.

Edit : Im just in lite mode, noobs doesn't exist in pl, all pro
    Last edited by Waug; 11-23-2020 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Does this happen to you on every map in the game? New ones as well as old ones? There are some data differences in the spawn locations for older maps versus new ones so it would help me to know if it's more or less prevalent depending upon the map.

Also, does this happen every time you respawn? If not, what is the relative frequency of the issue? I'm assuming that it's not every time because our local tests don't exhibit this issue - but, on the outside chance that it happens every time you respawn, it would mean something fundamentally different between local and live game configurations.

Thanks!
    It happens in Forest fight and honor map and shadow fight the 3 ffa maps all the players play so yeah irrespective of old and new, ctf spawn is different so.

It's the core spawn system not a bug, that need to be changed back, if the old system was not stored then simply the spawn should be far from all opponents present in the map and if possible close to team mates, that's it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Thanks!
    Well, players usually only host one of three pvp maps - Forest Fight, Honor Arena, or Shadow Fight. The issue is present on all three of these maps. I can't speak for the other pvp maps in the game because no one plays them.

Ctf maps seem to be unchanged, so only pvp maps should be looked into (with those 3 maps being the focus, since those are the maps hosted 99% of the time).

The problem doesn't happen everytime. It's random. An enemy player might spawn on top of you 5 times in a single game or none at all. However, you usually see at least one instance of a player spawning on top of an enemy player in a handful of games played.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Thanks for the details! We will endeavor to discover the issue and get it addressed.
    | | | |

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Meaningless and unhelpful.
    Ah, yes. This is the content I need.

@Dolloway: you are my knight in shining armor <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Could it be that the position you die in (and direction you were facing) - for whatever reason - directly impacts where you respawn now? (/location command)

This could be worth testing if the spawns were never altered deliberately.
    Last edited by Valtarya; 11-23-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Holdmytalons is brain dead

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Vivapinata For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

^ lolol
    I'd say, he just consider everyone smarter than him a clown that's it.