Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Devs lock threads too frequently

  1. #1
    Senior Member Hadec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Athens, Greece, Greece
    Posts
    1,567
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    50
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    55
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

    Default Devs lock threads too frequently

    I really think devs lock threads way too easy last couple months ... There is people who they dont use brain, yes , still first time in years i see so many closed threads by devs... Its really bad imo... This is not by any chance any attack to devs just an opinion..How do you feel about this guys?

    Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk
    Fear is my second name...sometimes

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hadec For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Probably not where you are
    Posts
    1,146
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    83
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    361
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Well, the amount of threads that deserve to be closed is also significantly higher the last couple of months, if not years.
    So im not sure where the problem here lies.
    The closing of traders market threads is simply enforcing rules set long ago.
    Imo its good to see devs start giving more attention to the forums so it doesnt turn into an absolute moshpit

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Senior Member Arachnophobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,779
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    489
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    547
    Thanked in
    246 Posts

    Default

    In before this thread is locked

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arachnophobik For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Senior Member Oakmaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oakwood Forest
    Posts
    1,636
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,673
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    579
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

    Default

    I think the opposite. Some topics are just repetitive and serve no purpose. Others get hi jacked by trolls.

  8. #5
    Senior Member Scll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Habibty AYA
    Posts
    1,526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    374
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    289
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

    Default

    Cinco *locks this thread*

  9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,946
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,790
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

    Default

    Players know why their threads are locked - and why they get banned if they continue breaking the rules... and what will happen to their goods if that doesnít dissuade.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Players know why their threads are locked - and why they get banned if they continue breaking the rules... and what will happen to their goods if that doesnít dissuade.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I donít know why my thread got locked and none of the devs have replied to it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,946
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,790
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitory View Post
    I donít know why my thread got locked and none of the devs have replied to it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have no idea what thread youíre talking about so it could be for a variety of reasons.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  13. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default Devs lock threads too frequently

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I have no idea what thread youíre talking about so it could be for a variety of reasons.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope. Thereís no reasons for it. Itís my latest thread that is about ranked honor pvp I have also sent you a pm on it and you simply ignored it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,946
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,790
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitory View Post
    Nope. Thereís no reasons for it. Itís my latest thread that is about ranked honor pvp I have also sent you a pm on it and you simply ignored it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is the content? What was your question?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  15. #11
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Probably not where you are
    Posts
    1,146
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    83
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    361
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitory View Post
    Nope. There’s no reasons for it. It’s my latest thread that is about ranked honor pvp I have also sent you a pm on it and you simply ignored it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe for the bumping and tagging of devs for no valid reason?

  16. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    What is the content? What was your question?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have already mentioned it in my thread that got locked for no reason and without even replying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Maybe for the bumping and tagging of devs for no valid reason?
    I bumped twice and it wasnít on the same day. And how tagging of devs for no valid reasons? Maybe I tagged the devs so they can reply to my thread ? Maybe ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #14
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Probably not where you are
    Posts
    1,146
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    83
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    361
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitory View Post
    I bumped twice and it wasn’t on the same day. And how tagging of devs for no valid reasons? Maybe I tagged the devs so they can reply to my thread ? Maybe ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you also the type of person to send a bunch of question marks every few hours when someone doesnt reply to your dm?
    If you tag the devs and they dont respond, its very probable its either because theyre busy or have already seen it

  19. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Are you also the type of person to send a bunch of question marks every few hours when someone doesnt reply to your dm?
    If you tag the devs and they dont respond, its very probable its either because theyre busy or have already seen it
    Every few hours ? Nah buddy your mistaken me with someone else. If you havenít seen my thread then please donít stick your nose in it.
    Thanks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #16
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Probably not where you are
    Posts
    1,146
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    83
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    361
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitory View Post
    Every few hours ? Nah buddy your mistaken me with someone else. If you haven’t seen my thread then please don’t stick your nose in it.
    Thanks.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you have to pick up your school books again and flip to the page about comprehensive reading.
    Youre quoting an analogy, its there for reference to make a point.
    Regardless, my point still stands and i am very certain the reasons i mentioned before are what got your post locked

  21. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    16
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    I think you have to pick up your school books again and flip to the page about comprehensive reading.
    Youre quoting an analogy, its there for reference to make a point.
    Regardless, my point still stands and i am very certain the reasons i mentioned before are what got your post locked
    Iím quoting an analogy yes. But you brought up stuff that ain't true i haven't broke the rule on my thread I didnít bump more than once a day or kept tagging the devs.
    You can have a look on my latest thread.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Design Department Cinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,946
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7,790
    Thanked in
    2,088 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitory View Post
    I bumped twice and it wasn’t on the same day. And how tagging of devs for no valid reasons? Maybe I tagged the devs so they can reply to my thread ? Maybe ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spamming developer inboxes will get your thread locked (and your account banned). Speaking of which...
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  23. #19
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Probably not where you are
    Posts
    1,146
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    83
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    361
    Thanked in
    215 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glitory View Post
    Iím quoting an analogy yes. But you brought up stuff that ain't true i haven't broke the rule on my thread I didnít bump more than once a day or kept tagging the devs.
    You can have a look on my latest thread.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Judging by what cinco said i was close enough
    And yes upon taking a second look you mentioned a dev twice, thatís still more than the 1 time that would be logically required.

  24. #20
    Senior Member Saint Jaffo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    584
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    108
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

    Default

    @glitory I read your thread and it gave me some vibes that made me think you want those changes you mentioned to be added immediatly. That's not how things work. If you are giving some suggestions for the Ranked Honor PvP map, you should post it in the right section. "AL Suggestions and Feedback". You first tagged Cinco and Futumsh, later on you tagged Cinco again (I'm lazy enough to check the times between). Calm down, they read all the threads to check if the rules are being followed or not. They will read yours eventually. They can't just fix all things that players report at the same time, they have a schedule and they are developing other things, just relax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Request to lock threads that are older then a year old?
    By Spheresome in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2018, 02:59 PM
  2. Automatically Lock Old Threads!
    By Madnex in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 12:14 PM
  3. Lock All Announcement Threads!
    By Madnex in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 08:46 AM
  4. Lock Dev threads in AL Announcements
    By Sfubi in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 01:15 PM
  5. How do you lock/delete your own threads?
    By Swimmingstar in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 11:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •