Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Really? xD

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    They just know how to undercut others instead of partnering in order to allow a possibility for profit.
    When you have "merchants" partnering to "allow a possibility for profit"... That is price malipuilation... Just incase unaware of the term here is a pretty easy to understand explaination

"Market manipulation is a type of market abuse where there is a deliberate attempt to interfere with the free and fair operation of the market and create artificial, false or misleading appearances with respect to the price of, or market for, a product, security, commodity or currency." - source of explation is from wiki for easier understanding.

When Merchants "undercut" each other thats where you start having a more free market which sure stops as big profitis for merchents however creates more competitive and affordable prices for the community.

So trying to encourage merchants to join forces so to speak so they can make more of a profit might fill their pockets but it also inflates prices and makes things more difficult for regular players.

If I have (for example) a weapon to sell, check the average prices its being listed for and if i want a quick sale then ill list it cheaper then the listed price as more likely to sell... or price it similar to what lower range price is if im not in a rush an wait for "supply and demand" an it will eventually sell..

If i know the "weapon" will defenitly sell then I can take a chance an list it higher an hope all the cheaper ones will sell an someone might be desprate enough to be willing to overpay buy my higher listed weapon...

The above example is a good method if everyone or at least majority also followed, it would keep prices sensible only flucuating due to supply and demand... Having merchants communicating with each other to gain more profits... thats when you have unnatural flucuations in price and becomes more damaging overall for the rest of the community.

Id have stayed out of saying anything however when you messaged me other day in game to complain to me how people are trash talking about how you price manipluate and I explained to you the problem lies with your attitude... Clearly you havent taken what I said onboard and this is a perfect example of that which I do hope this explanation makes it easier for you to understand what I mean so you can
    1 Be less "confussed" about peoples attitude towards you
    2 Possiblely make changes to your own attitude so you get less "hate"

Good Luck

In regard to the OP, considering its another free event so you dont need energy to run it... can even get all materials you need running with a diverse party (so each least 1 of each class)... an its a 2 week event... 4 hours is no problem to wait =/

Cant just have everything handed to you on a platter as unfortunality is the culture that seems to be growing more and more of lately...

When you plant a seed... a tree doesnt appear over night... it takes work, love and pataince. Try applying that philosphy into more aspects in life including into game and youll find with that mentality youll have alot less to complain and feel annoyed about.

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post: