Thread: PL/PL2 wishlist

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Default PL/PL2 wishlist

With rumors of PL2 floating around, I was just thinking of come cool features.
    Most of them would also make great improvements for PL so I figure it’s relevant either way.

Stats:
    -Constitution/Vitality: compared to strength, this would more directly affect health pool and regen as well as armor/defense. It could even allow for a block% chance to mitigate additional damage or a heal absorption bonus. Essentially creating more of a tanking class.
    -Wisdom: counterpart to intelligence, instead of increasing damage, wisdom would greatly affect healing amount and mana regen and slightly lower skill cooldowns. The idea behind this is to create more of a support class.

Reaching attribute values could unlock new skills to better play as these roles.

Skills:

One of my favorite thing when I started DL was the skill trees. Everyone was the same “class” but you could play totally different depending on how you built your skills.
    I think combining that with the 5 classes of PL would be amazing, if you could branch off each class into a specific sub-class or pick some low tier skills from each to play a versatile/rounded character.
    At one point I had written out some additional skills for each class but I think I lost the computer it was saved to.

Individual Skills:
    I have always enjoyed mmos where every action you do builds your character. For example: attack with a spear = increase your spear proficiency/damage. Use a shield = level up your blocking. Same for non-combat skills: crafting, merchanting, etc. You could even cap a character just as a crafter.
    I know no STS game has handled leveling in this way, but that could be the next step to set it apart.
    I guess this one isn’t much of a suggestion for PL, you could really only add it in a small scale for crafting and merchanting.

Daily bonus:
    This is less of something I care about but I think it could help attract/keep players. It seems more and more popular phone games are becoming casual or “idle” games. I think if some type of idle rewards could encourage more players to play daily.
    The current daily blessing timer: I think it would help if you just had to check in once a day rather than it being in a small window based off when you checked in the previous day. For example you could check anytime on 12/5 and then again anytime on 12/6 and still qualify for the reward instead of how it currently is.
    Another idea is on the first login of the day you could just get 1 platinum per account not per character or 1 pass for a premium dungeon.
    And the first login of the week maybe another resource maybe make a craftable vanity and each week you can get one component for it?

Additional idea: maybe some type of consumable ticket that would allow you to sweep a map instantly and collect the loot?

Pay2Win/Elixirs
    Personally, aside from XP and luck, I hate elixirs.
    I think the stat multipliers make it impossible to balance pve. It can make most combat laughably easy, but if you up the difficulty to compensate for them, it will be literally impossible without them.
    I’m wondering if there can be an alternative to keep pve challenging.
    My primary idea would be some type of monthly pass. Maybe add a premium campaign at the same time, and include access to that, as well as an exclusive vanity, premium towne area, daily challenges

Let me know what you think

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tarlan For This Useful Post: