View Poll Results: Which event do you support?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support the Easter event (only boss runs)

2 22.22%
  • I support the double xp weekend event (only xp runs)

1 11.11%
  • I support both events (aka flip-flop politics)

4 44.44%
  • I am undecided ...but at least I voted

2 22.22%

Thread: Boss vs XP runs

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Default Boss vs XP runs

Players know when running (with pick up groups aka pugs) there are two very different types of runs: xp runs and boss runs. If these terms are new to you I'll explain them quickly: an xp run usually has a specific route that maximizes the amount of enemies killed in the shortest amount of time, the host will leave at the boss room to remake the map; a boss run also has a specific route that kills the number of bad guys necessary in order to spawn the boss so the party can kill him in the quickly before a remake.

Now that that is out of the way, I bring it up because it seems that the two events that are running simultaneously this weekend are contraindicated. Meaning during the Spring event players should want to do boss runs since the rabbit ears only drop from bosses; however, the double xp weekend event is more of an xp run situation. I'm sure there is some common ground, but players are forced to make a decision, either kill the boss to take your chances at a pure luck drop and sacrifice precious time where you could be earning an astounding +8x experience per kill ...depending on the circumstances (insert shameless blog promotion HERE), or skip the boss entirely and deny yourself a shot at this year's Easter spoils.

I recall reading plenty of players wanting a shot at double experience to breathe some life back into the game, but I have to wonder why STS chose to run it in tandem with another anticipated event. The shot at boosting one's level so dramatically should have come on the eve of the new content and not Easter Eve. Anyone have some insight as to why these events overlap?

Let's vote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I personally am going for the boss runs, now that I got my main to 65. I don't think im going to go for 66. And as for why 2x Xp is running at the sam time as the easter events they seem to contradict themselves. Maybe STS was trying to be extra generous and didn't notice that it would make players choose between easter and double xp.

STOP! DRAGON TIME!
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER EGGS!

PL: BUUBUUFTW, CHICKSTRIPPP, XXBUUBUUXX
    SL: BUUBUUFTW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default Boss vs XP runs

Boss runs, if you don't do the boss you are lowering your chance of getting a good drop and becoming more wealthy!! Without becoming more wealthy it is hard to be able to afford stuff for the upcoming items!!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage