Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2020-12-17 Content Update (280421)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nambypamby View Post
    First of all I wanna say THANK YOU for all these events! I havent played so many events in just a couple of months so I'm really glad i came back (i played around the time sl didn't had any updates for years..) Anyways i think this event is great for supporting STS to keep their games alive and have updates while also having some rare vanities like arb helm/chest etc. What i really dont like is having some of the leaderboard top 10 items in the winter crates... I find it kinda unfair as someone who is in the lb of halloween event...I spent so many hours on that event farming for a week and so did everyone else on the leaderboards. Seeing someone drop that "unique" item in just a matter of few hours of plat run make all of the efforts of top 10 lb players go in vain.... the event is really good overall but including leaderboard items in the crate is just unfair...it's not that i dont want people to have it but its because we worked more than others to have it (im talking about sleepless nights for a week and being on the game all dayyyy) and seeing so many people who didnt even farm half of what we did and getting it in a few runs is very discouraging and disappointing if i may say? It could be a good throwback after some time but not right now..I mean arb helm and chest and some other vanities didnt make any throwbacks until now y_y...
    Drop rate percentages aside, due to the sheer amount of vanities included the odds of getting any of the them are rather astronomical (200-300 runs in and no discernible reward to show for it). So don't worry, winter crates will definitely not flood the market with any of the rarest vans, I'd be surprised if there's more than a couple looted, considering the active paying player base.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrase View Post
    Drop rate percentages aside, due to the sheer amount of vanities included the odds of getting any of the them are rather astronomical (200-300 runs in and no discernible reward to show for it). So don't worry, winter crates will definitely not flood the market with any of the rarest vans, I'd be surprised if there's more than a couple looted, considering the active paying player base.
    The item he's talking about has been got by 2-4 players and this is just starting.

I doubt that he is pointing for the market flood, itīs on perspective, for us itīs cool that we can get it, but for the players who got it with their efforts farming and trying to keep top 10 of leaderboards for 1 week against all other playes could not be that cool.

That makes you think a lot of the time that you spent for that "unique" item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thanks for the concern ^^ im not really worried that it would flood the market but seeing it drop in the first days more than other vanities so "easily" is what triggers me... Even Vaavebi understands my point of view, also i think an item loses its worth when it has many duplicates. I don't know if you ever aimed to be on a leaderboard but i can guarantee you its not really easy. I started from 100th place on the 2nd day of event. It was hard for me cause everyone was already ahead while i had to double my work and people almost never stopped farming all day everyday, but wins who endure and puts efforts, and i managed to place 5th with the help of some friends whom i did runs with. Maybe putting it on a winter crate is not a bad idea but i mean maybe not now because it was jus the previous event. We who worked for the leaderboards feels as if our efforts have gone into vain because that item is now droppable by "luck" and not by "effort" as we all did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vaavebi View Post
    The item he's talking about has been got by 2-4 players and this is just starting.

I doubt that he is pointing for the market flood, itīs on perspective, for us itīs cool that we can get it, but for the players who got it with their efforts farming and trying to keep top 10 of leaderboards for 1 week against all other playes could not be that cool.

That makes you think a lot of the time that you spent for that "unique" item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nambypamby View Post
    thanks for the concern ^^ im not really worried that it would flood the market but seeing it drop in the first days more than other vanities so "easily" is what triggers me... Even Vaavebi understands my point of view, also i think an item loses its worth when it has many duplicates. I don't know if you ever aimed to be on a leaderboard but i can guarantee you its not really easy. I started from 100th place on the 2nd day of event. It was hard for me cause everyone was already ahead while i had to double my work and people almost never stopped farming all day everyday, but wins who endure and puts efforts, and i managed to place 5th with the help of some friends whom i did runs with. Maybe putting it on a winter crate is not a bad idea but i mean maybe not now because it was jus the previous event. We who worked for the leaderboards feels as if our efforts have gone into vain because that item is now droppable by "luck" and not by "effort" as we all did.
    These are all solid points so I have to agree, the latest leaderboard-only vanities should probably have not been included in this year's xmas event, even if the chances of getting them are very low!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paraphrase For This Useful Post: