Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW Game Settings needed!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Why would anyone be against the option to disable aura in settings? It’s not like it would affect you
    How do I play the game in my house O.o’
    People want to show off their Auras, if people disable their Auras, they won't be able to.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Why would anyone be against the option to disable aura in settings? It’s not like it would affect you
    How do I play the game in my house O.o’
    Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    People want to show off their Auras, if people disable their Auras, they won't be able to.

Because if they do that it will obviously make those aura lot less appealing to buy them, exactly for the reason Umar is giving,
    people buy them for the same reason they buy vanity and this is why i don't think it would be a good idea, an option to
    disable it from your own character would be the best compromise imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

I’m not asking that I can disable your aura lmao
    Asking that I have an option to disable it on my screen only, you can still flash like a Vegas billboard all you want
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

I’m not asking that I can disable your aura lmao
    Asking that I have an option to disable it on my screen only, you can still flash like a Vegas billboard all you want
    Hahahaha! i understand bro but like i said, if the Las Vegas flasher know that u are able to not see their aura, they will be less motivate to buy a 1750 plat aura (maybe?), i am just pointing this out from a marketing point of view and i think it is the major reason why they didn't add this option already.

ps: don't be mad at me! I am just playing the devil's advocate here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

All good my friend
    I’ll put it another way, I have the ability to mute, does that make you not want to play?
    Should I not have the ability to mute (a visual)
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Hahahaha! i understand bro but like i said, if the Las Vegas flasher know that u are able to not see their aura, they will be less motivate to buy a 1750 plat aura (maybe?), i am just pointing this out from a marketing point of view and i think it is the major reason why they didn't add this option already.

ps: don't be mad at me! I am just playing the devil's advocate here
    IRL, showoff-ers are viewed as assholes.

This is a game, where everything should atleast be fair on paper for everyone.

Many people buy vanities and aura to please their own self. I personally, not even once, have ever thought that someone else is looking at me when I am gaming. I only look at myself, and my objective, I feel that's how most players are!

The game should be allowed to be played in most devices. That way, more players can enjoy it!

I, personally, wouldnt care if anyone else can see my vanities and aura as long as I can find my charachter aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

I mean even IRL, the richest people don't go around showing off their wealth. They only buy things for themselves.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

IRL, showoff-ers are viewed as assholes.

This is a game, where everything should atleast be fair on paper for everyone.

Many people buy vanities and aura to please their own self. I personally, not even once, have ever thought that someone else is looking at me when I am gaming. I only look at myself, and my objective, I feel that's how most players are!

The game should be allowed to be played in most devices. That way, more players can enjoy it!

I, personally, wouldnt care if anyone else can see my vanities and aura as long as I can find my charachter aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

I mean even IRL, the richest people don't go around showing off their wealth. They only buy things for themselves.

Let’s be real. It’s be nice if people played the way you played, and lived the way you think, but people buy these vanities to show off. They are called “vanities” and people buy em for the most part to show. These auras are getting to be a little much however...
    -They should allow us to maybe decrease opacity to 50% or 25%, so that people buying these auras are still able to show them
    -equipment auras should be able to be turned off by their owner...like the mirren ...kind of sick of the green skulls...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

And we wonder why kershal price drop recently. This is why. Hahaha

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokksteady View Post
    Let’s be real. It’s be nice if people played the way you played, and lived the way you think, but people buy these vanities to show off. They are called “vanities” and people buy em for the most part to show. These auras are getting to be a little much however...
    -They should allow us to maybe decrease opacity to 50% or 25%, so that people buying these auras are still able to show them
    -equipment auras should be able to be turned off by their owner...like the mirren ...kind of sick of the green skulls...
    What if Auras were allowed in dungeons but can be disabled in town?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Disabling auras is probably one of the dumbest ideas ever, the mute example is just a terrible example. Next thing people are gonna say "disable vanities option" . doesnt matter though sts isnt gonna change anything about auras because thats their best moneymaker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

What if Auras were allowed in dungeons but can be disabled in town?

Did u mean the other way round lol, which I would have agreed with

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Did u mean the other way round lol, which I would have agreed with
    Idk, I feel there is less lagg in dungeons than in town. I could be wrong here.

Since I have a pretty decent device, I don't lag anywhere, but I assume people would be more lagging in towns, idk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

You guys talk mostly about auras as wisps, but dont forget that equip things give auras too. That means, if this is your main equip, you have no choice, because you have to decide between looking better without a bad effect, or getting the good stats while running. Also people who have spend alot of gold into a perfect vanity set(for example full blue vanity+auras set, but endless set buff), get the whole thing ruined.

And yes, wisps are moneymakers for devs. But what change would an option to disable them make???
    I dont understand why people are against it, the ones who wanna show their buffs dont get affected.
    And if turn my buff off, i want to disable the buff not just for me, others also should see me without annoying effects on my body...

Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stormydragon; 02-08-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    Dragons are overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Because if they do that it will obviously make those aura lot less appealing to buy them, exactly for the reason Umar is giving,
    people buy them for the same reason they buy vanity and this is why i don't think it would be a good idea, an option to
    disable it from your own character would be the best compromise imo
    Me and many others disable titles, badges, seasonal rankings for the sake of performance or convenience. But that did not stop anyone from running the leaderboards, events, etc.

If the developers are at risk of significant financial issues because of it, then they wouldn't have had added these already existing options above. Thus, this is a non-issue.

These shiny things, supposedly should not affect gameplay. But with how much we can stack at this point in time, it becomes a nuisance to everyone. Not everyone has the best devices, nor do they have X-ray vision to see through the cluttered mess lol.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

It may be a bit disingenuous to say an option for disabling auras will financially hurt sts because many(most?) are from events we ran for free.
    Besides the excellent points made in the above post
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

It may be a bit disingenuous to say an option for disabling auras will financially hurt sts because many(most?) are from events we ran for free.
    Besides the excellent points made in the above post
    It is strictly from a marketing point of view, the fact many roam the game with aura mean many people see them, this is what we call publicity, the more people see them, the more some would developed a need or a will to get them, if half of people turn option off then indirectly yes it could financially hurt STS on the long term.

And also, i am playing with a cheap samsung tablet and even with an old ipod sometimes, i have never feel any lag cause by those aura, so the question is what is the real reason people want to turn them off? yes i am sure some want for technical reason but i am sure also there is many who want this option for the wrong reason

This is just my point of view,

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

It is strictly from a marketing point of view, the fact many roam the game with aura mean many people see them, this is what we call publicity, the more people see them, the more some would developed a need or a will to get them, if half of people turn option off then indirectly yes it could financially hurt STS on the long term.

And also, i am playing with a cheap samsung tablet and even with an old ipod sometimes, i have never feel any lag cause by those aura, so the question is what is the real reason people want to turn them off? yes i am sure some want for technical reason but i am sure also there is many who want this option for the wrong reason

Thank you
    The people that would turn those things off are the people that are already annoyed by auras not the people sitting on the fence whether they would like one or not. If one is interested in auras they won’t turn those things off. The only way sales of aura would be affected is if people strictly buy them to flex, but at this point with so many auras going on it’s hardly a flex. A great majority buy auras because they like how it looks on their character, not because they are flexing something that 100+ other people have. Really having this option will have minimal effect on sales. And as someone pointed out, title can already be turned off but that doesn’t stop people from running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathlyreaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Thank you
    Literally the opposite of what you say is true in my case. Seeing auras does not make me want one, I do not want one because they are not special if they’re everywhere.

Again many are not bought, so that argument isnt good.

As to your second point, I can’t play on some devices now, glad you don’t have my experience!
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Thank you
    Hmm for me the reason to turn off? I just want to put some effects auras away that are bad along with the other things/auras. People like me dont want to look like a rainbow with all these auras. I more prefer a good set combo of vanities&auras, for example just black,green,red... And there it happens, that one of your effects or auras is against your combo.

Dragons are overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    The people that would turn those things off are the people that are already annoyed by auras not the people sitting on the fence whether they would like one or not. If one is interested in auras they won’t turn those things off. The only way sales of aura would be affected is if people strictly buy them to flex, but at this point with so many auras going on it’s hardly a flex. A great majority buy auras because they like how it looks on their character, not because they are flexing something that 100+ other people have. Really having this option will have minimal effect on sales. And as someone pointed out, title can already be turned off but that doesn’t stop people from running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are right from your point of view but the reality is yes, many buy them to flex

Literally the opposite of what you say is true in my case. Seeing auras does not make me want one, I do not want one because they are not special if they’re everywhere.

Again many are not bought, so that argument isnt good.

As to your second point, I can’t play on some devices now, glad you don’t have my experience!
    yes in your case, but i have the feeling that many want this option only by pure jealousy (maybe i'm wrong!),
    and the fact you can't play on some device is not only cause by aura imo, but by the fact that the game need evolve
    to follow some android/apple/chrome standard (maybe i'm wrong again, i am just making supposition )

Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    Hmm for me the reason to turn off? I just want to put some effects auras away that are bad along with the other things/auras. People like me dont want to look like a rainbow with all these auras. I more prefer a good set combo of vanities&auras, for example just black,green,red... And there it happens, that one of your effects or auras is against your combo.

+1 I totally agree with this one, being able to control our own aura would be awesome!