Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: NEW Game Settings needed!!!

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    568
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    33
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Why would anyone be against the option to disable aura in settings? It’s not like it would affect you
    How do I play the game in my house O.o’
    People want to show off their Auras, if people disable their Auras, they won't be able to.

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Senior Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    595
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    460
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Why would anyone be against the option to disable aura in settings? It’s not like it would affect you
    How do I play the game in my house O.o’
    Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    People want to show off their Auras, if people disable their Auras, they won't be able to.

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Because if they do that it will obviously make those aura lot less appealing to buy them, exactly for the reason Umar is giving,
    people buy them for the same reason they buy vanity and this is why i don't think it would be a good idea, an option to
    disable it from your own character would be the best compromise imo

  3. #23
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    744
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,721
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    558
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

    Default

    I’m not asking that I can disable your aura lmao
    Asking that I have an option to disable it on my screen only, you can still flash like a Vegas billboard all you want
    \m/,_______( >. < ‘ )_________,\m/
    Al igns - Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue. Pl ign - Suentouspo, whatthefox

  4. #24
    Senior Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    595
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    460
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    I’m not asking that I can disable your aura lmao
    Asking that I have an option to disable it on my screen only, you can still flash like a Vegas billboard all you want
    Hahahaha! i understand bro but like i said, if the Las Vegas flasher know that u are able to not see their aura, they will be less motivate to buy a 1750 plat aura (maybe?), i am just pointing this out from a marketing point of view and i think it is the major reason why they didn't add this option already.

    ps: don't be mad at me! I am just playing the devil's advocate here

  5. #25
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    744
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,721
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    558
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

    Default

    All good my friend
    I’ll put it another way, I have the ability to mute, does that make you not want to play?
    Should I not have the ability to mute (a visual)
    \m/,_______( >. < ‘ )_________,\m/
    Al igns - Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue. Pl ign - Suentouspo, whatthefox

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    568
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    33
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Hahahaha! i understand bro but like i said, if the Las Vegas flasher know that u are able to not see their aura, they will be less motivate to buy a 1750 plat aura (maybe?), i am just pointing this out from a marketing point of view and i think it is the major reason why they didn't add this option already.

    ps: don't be mad at me! I am just playing the devil's advocate here
    IRL, showoff-ers are viewed as assholes.

    This is a game, where everything should atleast be fair on paper for everyone.

    Many people buy vanities and aura to please their own self. I personally, not even once, have ever thought that someone else is looking at me when I am gaming. I only look at myself, and my objective, I feel that's how most players are!

    The game should be allowed to be played in most devices. That way, more players can enjoy it!

    I, personally, wouldnt care if anyone else can see my vanities and aura as long as I can find my charachter aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

    I mean even IRL, the richest people don't go around showing off their wealth. They only buy things for themselves.

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    237
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    72
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    IRL, showoff-ers are viewed as assholes.

    This is a game, where everything should atleast be fair on paper for everyone.

    Many people buy vanities and aura to please their own self. I personally, not even once, have ever thought that someone else is looking at me when I am gaming. I only look at myself, and my objective, I feel that's how most players are!

    The game should be allowed to be played in most devices. That way, more players can enjoy it!

    I, personally, wouldnt care if anyone else can see my vanities and aura as long as I can find my charachter aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

    I mean even IRL, the richest people don't go around showing off their wealth. They only buy things for themselves.

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Let’s be real. It’s be nice if people played the way you played, and lived the way you think, but people buy these vanities to show off. They are called “vanities” and people buy em for the most part to show. These auras are getting to be a little much however...
    -They should allow us to maybe decrease opacity to 50% or 25%, so that people buying these auras are still able to show them
    -equipment auras should be able to be turned off by their owner...like the mirren ...kind of sick of the green skulls...

  8. #28
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    259
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    21
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    And we wonder why kershal price drop recently. This is why. Hahaha

    Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    568
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    33
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rokksteady View Post
    Let’s be real. It’s be nice if people played the way you played, and lived the way you think, but people buy these vanities to show off. They are called “vanities” and people buy em for the most part to show. These auras are getting to be a little much however...
    -They should allow us to maybe decrease opacity to 50% or 25%, so that people buying these auras are still able to show them
    -equipment auras should be able to be turned off by their owner...like the mirren ...kind of sick of the green skulls...
    What if Auras were allowed in dungeons but can be disabled in town?

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

  10. #30
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    261
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

    Default

    Disabling auras is probably one of the dumbest ideas ever, the mute example is just a terrible example. Next thing people are gonna say "disable vanities option" . doesnt matter though sts isnt gonna change anything about auras because thats their best moneymaker

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    107
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    What if Auras were allowed in dungeons but can be disabled in town?

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Did u mean the other way round lol, which I would have agreed with

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:


  13. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    568
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    33
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    68
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Did u mean the other way round lol, which I would have agreed with
    Idk, I feel there is less lagg in dungeons than in town. I could be wrong here.

    Since I have a pretty decent device, I don't lag anywhere, but I assume people would be more lagging in towns, idk.

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

  14. #33
    Member Stormydragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    148
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    You guys talk mostly about auras as wisps, but dont forget that equip things give auras too. That means, if this is your main equip, you have no choice, because you have to decide between looking better without a bad effect, or getting the good stats while running. Also people who have spend alot of gold into a perfect vanity set(for example full blue vanity+auras set, but endless set buff), get the whole thing ruined.

    And yes, wisps are moneymakers for devs. But what change would an option to disable them make???
    I dont understand why people are against it, the ones who wanna show their buffs dont get affected.
    And if turn my buff off, i want to disable the buff not just for me, others also should see me without annoying effects on my body...

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stormydragon; 02-08-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    Dragons are overall

  15. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    791
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    50
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    208
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Because if they do that it will obviously make those aura lot less appealing to buy them, exactly for the reason Umar is giving,
    people buy them for the same reason they buy vanity and this is why i don't think it would be a good idea, an option to
    disable it from your own character would be the best compromise imo
    Me and many others disable titles, badges, seasonal rankings for the sake of performance or convenience. But that did not stop anyone from running the leaderboards, events, etc.

    If the developers are at risk of significant financial issues because of it, then they wouldn't have had added these already existing options above. Thus, this is a non-issue.

    These shiny things, supposedly should not affect gameplay. But with how much we can stack at this point in time, it becomes a nuisance to everyone. Not everyone has the best devices, nor do they have X-ray vision to see through the cluttered mess lol.








    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:


  17. #35
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    744
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,721
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    558
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

    Default

    It may be a bit disingenuous to say an option for disabling auras will financially hurt sts because many(most?) are from events we ran for free.
    Besides the excellent points made in the above post
    \m/,_______( >. < ‘ )_________,\m/
    Al igns - Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue. Pl ign - Suentouspo, whatthefox

  18. #36
    Senior Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    595
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    460
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    It may be a bit disingenuous to say an option for disabling auras will financially hurt sts because many(most?) are from events we ran for free.
    Besides the excellent points made in the above post
    It is strictly from a marketing point of view, the fact many roam the game with aura mean many people see them, this is what we call publicity, the more people see them, the more some would developed a need or a will to get them, if half of people turn option off then indirectly yes it could financially hurt STS on the long term.

    And also, i am playing with a cheap samsung tablet and even with an old ipod sometimes, i have never feel any lag cause by those aura, so the question is what is the real reason people want to turn them off? yes i am sure some want for technical reason but i am sure also there is many who want this option for the wrong reason

    This is just my point of view,

    Thank you

  19. #37
    Senior Member Deathlyreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    707
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    152
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    75
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    It is strictly from a marketing point of view, the fact many roam the game with aura mean many people see them, this is what we call publicity, the more people see them, the more some would developed a need or a will to get them, if half of people turn option off then indirectly yes it could financially hurt STS on the long term.

    And also, i am playing with a cheap samsung tablet and even with an old ipod sometimes, i have never feel any lag cause by those aura, so the question is what is the real reason people want to turn them off? yes i am sure some want for technical reason but i am sure also there is many who want this option for the wrong reason

    This is just my point of view,

    Thank you
    The people that would turn those things off are the people that are already annoyed by auras not the people sitting on the fence whether they would like one or not. If one is interested in auras they won’t turn those things off. The only way sales of aura would be affected is if people strictly buy them to flex, but at this point with so many auras going on it’s hardly a flex. A great majority buy auras because they like how it looks on their character, not because they are flexing something that 100+ other people have. Really having this option will have minimal effect on sales. And as someone pointed out, title can already be turned off but that doesn’t stop people from running.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathlyreaper For This Useful Post:


  21. #38
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    744
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,721
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    558
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    It is strictly from a marketing point of view, the fact many roam the game with aura mean many people see them, this is what we call publicity, the more people see them, the more some would developed a need or a will to get them, if half of people turn option off then indirectly yes it could financially hurt STS on the long term.

    And also, i am playing with a cheap samsung tablet and even with an old ipod sometimes, i have never feel any lag cause by those aura, so the question is what is the real reason people want to turn them off? yes i am sure some want for technical reason but i am sure also there is many who want this option for the wrong reason

    This is just my point of view,

    Thank you
    Literally the opposite of what you say is true in my case. Seeing auras does not make me want one, I do not want one because they are not special if they’re everywhere.

    Again many are not bought, so that argument isnt good.

    As to your second point, I can’t play on some devices now, glad you don’t have my experience!
    \m/,_______( >. < ‘ )_________,\m/
    Al igns - Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue. Pl ign - Suentouspo, whatthefox

  22. #39
    Member Stormydragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    148
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    It is strictly from a marketing point of view, the fact many roam the game with aura mean many people see them, this is what we call publicity, the more people see them, the more some would developed a need or a will to get them, if half of people turn option off then indirectly yes it could financially hurt STS on the long term.

    And also, i am playing with a cheap samsung tablet and even with an old ipod sometimes, i have never feel any lag cause by those aura, so the question is what is the real reason people want to turn them off? yes i am sure some want for technical reason but i am sure also there is many who want this option for the wrong reason

    This is just my point of view,

    Thank you
    Hmm for me the reason to turn off? I just want to put some effects auras away that are bad along with the other things/auras. People like me dont want to look like a rainbow with all these auras. I more prefer a good set combo of vanities&auras, for example just black,green,red... And there it happens, that one of your effects or auras is against your combo.

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Dragons are overall

  23. #40
    Senior Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    1,157
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    595
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    460
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    The people that would turn those things off are the people that are already annoyed by auras not the people sitting on the fence whether they would like one or not. If one is interested in auras they won’t turn those things off. The only way sales of aura would be affected is if people strictly buy them to flex, but at this point with so many auras going on it’s hardly a flex. A great majority buy auras because they like how it looks on their character, not because they are flexing something that 100+ other people have. Really having this option will have minimal effect on sales. And as someone pointed out, title can already be turned off but that doesn’t stop people from running.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are right from your point of view but the reality is yes, many buy them to flex

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Literally the opposite of what you say is true in my case. Seeing auras does not make me want one, I do not want one because they are not special if they’re everywhere.

    Again many are not bought, so that argument isnt good.

    As to your second point, I can’t play on some devices now, glad you don’t have my experience!
    yes in your case, but i have the feeling that many want this option only by pure jealousy (maybe i'm wrong!),
    and the fact you can't play on some device is not only cause by aura imo, but by the fact that the game need evolve
    to follow some android/apple/chrome standard (maybe i'm wrong again, i am just making supposition )

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    Hmm for me the reason to turn off? I just want to put some effects auras away that are bad along with the other things/auras. People like me dont want to look like a rainbow with all these auras. I more prefer a good set combo of vanities&auras, for example just black,green,red... And there it happens, that one of your effects or auras is against your combo.

    Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    +1 I totally agree with this one, being able to control our own aura would be awesome!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I need help with game settings..
    By Neisser Moya in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2016, 01:14 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 06:16 PM
  3. In Game Settings
    By Hawkbby in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 02:25 PM
  4. IDEA: Save password settings when remaking new game
    By Ayrilana in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 04:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •