Thread: Level 30-32 PvP Promotion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Level 30-32 PvP Promotion!

As of recent updates StS has introduced the official replacement for the once widely used 'Halloween Bling' ring at level 30. The ring in question is the new 'Winter Frost Ring' that's listed in the vendor for 100 tokens. The Halloween Bling and Winter Frost does not share the same attributes, where the Halloween Bling adds 5 Str 5 Dex 5 Int and 6 Armor while on the other hand the Winter Frost gives 7 Str 7 Dex and 7 Int. While the Halloween Bling is superior in the terms of stats, the winter Frost also has a unique Animated effect making it one of the few rings to have such a thing. This Ring not only brings 30-35 PvP back into conversation but it also offers up many opportunities to have a tournament hosted using gear from a very distant past.

I'm looking forward to possibly have some sort of exhibition in level 30 that will be hosted under the rules of using old lost expo/frozen nightmare items. Enchantments will be enabled, but on the plus side we will have to remember that level 25-27 has a massive damage and crit reduction that will nullify the complete nuance of the 100 damage enchantment style of PvP. Fights will last longer and will revolve around skill instead of the boring nuke gameplay that has existed for the past 3 or 4 years, though it'll be up to both parties to choose which level they wish to play in.

Hopefully players will choose to buy and sell as many of the Winter Frost Rings so that there will be a abundance until either another 30 ring is added or the Winter Frost returns next Christmas. I'm looking forward to what 30-35 will be like in the future.

Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by MageFFA; 12-18-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Let me see if I understand what you just said (it sounds too good to be true!).

So basically we now have a new potential meta for L30-32 which feels more like (maybe even better) than the og version of the zone. It’s easier to identify people who are using a clean ring if they choose to use winter one. If we don’t see that special effect for the ring, they go bye bye from the game/ booted. The issue with enchants previously is that we couldn’t tell if people used them or not and now this new ring makes it easy to see. Ammy isn’t an issue because tank based pvp is still more skill based.

Few concerns are that we had a tank meta just before L40 died and mages reigned supreme. As a result mages were everywhere and that zone died. Maybe it was because the gap between a fully maxed myth ammy for armour and for damage was bigger than compared to having 2 enchantment slots. I think it’s safe to say that cinch should increase damage rolls to up to 50 max (up from 30). This will allow birds to compete. Because let’s face it they need all the help they can get, mage nerfs are non existent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Ah I just read about the damage reduction in 27 zones, yeah that will hurt bird even more. This is all speculated on paper. I’ll wait to see how the meta plays out but expect mages to top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    Ah I just read about the damage reduction in 27 zones, yeah that will hurt bird even more. This is all speculated on paper. I’ll wait to see how the meta plays out but expect mages to top.
    It is actually beneficial for bird. Ive tried warbird in 30 without any enchants with just OG gear. It was working pretty well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I’m excited to dip back into this level of player versus player! A new meta could help things look up for the lower level PvP communities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I too am excited for this but most of the og L30-35 community quit PL so it won't ever be the same. Groaning, Befs, Humiii and rescinds to name a few. Jun is like the only survivor of Cinco's twink genocide.

Edit: Oh yeah how could I forget? Fleshdrill and his Fundamentals goons too. Admittedly, I miss those clowns as well. Ah maaan good times.
    Also remember when the pvp section of the PL forums was booming? Every day threads like 'tips for 56 mage' or 'what build set up to use?'. You love to see it.
    Last edited by Vapourised; 12-22-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

L32-35 is one of the most nostalgic levels for me. Hope more people go 35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

^Idk man.

How can it come back when bad apples will use blaster and zamm armour? U think people play fair?

Even without those items, 32-35 would be exactly like it was back in 2018 before elites came. Classes like rhino and bird would be useless and mages would still reign supreme.

I'm not sure if there is a balanced lvl anymore. Closest thing that comes to mind is 71 with clean gear or maybe 61 with clean. 71 with enchants isn't perfect but it isn't terible either.