Thread: help with Phantom birds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default help with Phantom birds

hi all,
    I like pvping with my bird (level 70 with 'Of tiki' gear). I do pretty well against bears and int mages. I'm probably 50-50 against paladins but think I can get better with practice; however, I'm absolutely terrible against phantom birds. I mean, I think I'm the worst I've ever seen. My ratio against phantom birds is about 1:10 and that one is when i sneak up on them and they are attacking someone else and don't see me. When I go to CS and look at the phantom bow and the armor and helm it makes my crit and damage go down but my armor goes up by +2 per piece (so +6 total). The dodge stays the same in CS but when I look at phantom birds stats their unbuffed dodge is 22 compared to my 6. Does the set bonus contain that much dodge? I've even went and looked at respecing some str (I'm pure dex right now) but my dodge still only goes up by 2. I have a 10 damage and 2 crit ring and I know I can get 2 more dodge by switching to a 10 damage, 2 dodge ring. I understand 16 dodge difference is a lot but I wouldn't think it would be as dramatic a difference as it is. It seems like they dodge everyone of my skills (their dodge should be a little over 50 so you think one of my skills would land but they never seem too). I'm sure part of it is elite birds go out and buy the best gear so the players are just more skilled than me but I haven't yet fought one phantom bird that's noobier than me who I can just own.

You guys have any tips for me or should I just continue switching to bear when I see a phantom bird? Lol.

P.S. Waahh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Well 1st off it says in your sig that ur bird is lvl 66 so versing a lvl 71 phantom bird u don't have much of a chance as for the set bonus idk just ask around ull figure it out soon.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23165&d=1358582883
    Legends Don't Die They Just Fade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aheath99 View Post
    Well 1st off it says in your sig that ur bird is lvl 66 so versing a lvl 71 phantom bird u don't have much of a chance as for the set bonus idk just ask around ull figure it out soon.
    i haven't updated my sig, my bird is level 70. If only I had put that in the original post....
    thanks for the advice on asking around. I think I'm going to make a thread about it. You've been lots of help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

It seems like there is no way to win against phantom, its got long range and high damage. Your best chance is getting anything you can, mainly rings, for dodge. Its your best chance to come out on top. Also you could just stop being cheap and get a phantom bow O: ^^ jk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    It seems like there is no way to win against phantom, its got long range and high damage. Your best chance is getting anything you can, mainly rings, for dodge. Its your best chance to come out on top. Also you could just stop being cheap and get a phantom bow O: ^^ jk
    Lol. I wish I had bought the phantom bow instead of the str club. as it is I have a little over 3 mil and want to horde it for the next level cap. haha. I could farm like a beast in fang but can't bring myself to do many epic farming runs in humania. Everything is too spread out and takes too long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

You're making mistake right here
    Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    (level 70 with 'Of tiki' gear)....When I go to CS and look at the phantom bow and the armor and helm ... The dodge stays the same in CS
    crafted gives dodges, +4 each piece(means armor helm bow) nearly than tiki
    Last edited by Waug; 10-08-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

You may try my 70 built from my guide for bird? ITtworks fine for me, vs bears birds, and mages ..

A bit practise is needed to be perfect with it tho

Here is the link to my guide : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-for-all-LvLs

Here is the built :

My LvL70 EXCLUSIVE Full dex combo for Birds!!

Base points : Full Dex!
    Skills points : 7 blast, 7 root, 7 focus, 6 heal, 7 evasion, 7 break , 6 shatter, 7 repulse, 6 blind, 4wallroot, 5avian (if you're 7&, add 1 point on blind)
    Items : Crafted Phantom bow set. (if you're 71, you should use the boat bow ) ! 10 Damage+2 dodge ring.
    Combo :evasion focus break root shatter blast wall blind repulse heal and .. run
    Tips :
    - RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN and HIDEEE .
    - Double root bears
    - Brake mages'mana shields, and repulse, run till ur blast is back, and auto break shatter blind => death
    - Pray for dodging :P

You may look at there, at middle of my guide, for more tips for birds : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...pture-the-Flag

If you have more questions, ask ^^
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    You may try my 70 built from my guide for bird? ITtworks fine for me, vs bears birds, and mages ..

A bit practise is needed to be perfect with it tho

Here is the link to my guide : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-for-all-LvLs

Here is the built :

My LvL70 EXCLUSIVE Full dex combo for Birds!!

Base points : Full Dex!
    Skills points : 7 blast, 7 root, 7 focus, 6 heal, 7 evasion, 7 break , 6 shatter, 7 repulse, 6 blind, 4wallroot, 5avian (if you're 7&, add 1 point on blind)
    Items : Crafted Phantom bow set. (if you're 71, you should use the boat bow ) ! 10 Damage+2 dodge ring.
    Combo :evasion focus break root shatter blast wall blind repulse heal and .. run
    Tips :
    - RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN and HIDEEE .
    - Double root bears
    - Brake mages'mana shields, and repulse, run till ur blast is back, and auto break shatter blind => death
    - Pray for dodging :P

You may look at there, at middle of my guide, for more tips for birds : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...pture-the-Flag

If you have more questions, ask ^^
    He said he does NOT have a Phantom set and wants help AGAINST them.

Basically, you gotta hope they don't dodge. You actually do more damage with the "of Tiki" set but if they dodge it all, you no win. Last bird I fought had a Phantom set and I only use "of Tiki". I easily got my skills off quicker and understood my range better but could not beat him when DODGE continuously scrolled above his head. When he didn't dodge, I won easily. Just luck of the draw.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

legend- I went back to CS and you're right. I was looking at Sun God instead of Sandskipper. Sandskipper gives +4 dodge and +4 armor per piece! I'm going to have to start farming but it may be too late, the new map may be out soon.

crimson- i was afraid of that, lol. it surprises me how much of a difference 12 dodge makes! i think I'm going to switch to a dodge ring and see if there's a dodge face. That may even things out a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Use a torch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

legend- I went back to CS and you're right. I was looking at Sun God instead of Sandskipper. Sandskipper gives +4 dodge and +4 armor per piece! I'm going to have to start farming but it may be too late, the new map may be out soon.

crimson- i was afraid of that, lol. it surprises me how much of a difference 12 dodge makes! i think I'm going to switch to a dodge ring and see if there's a dodge face. That may even things out a bit.
    If I remember correctly, a Phantom bird w/o dodge face or ring has around 27 dodge unbuffed. So a dual bird, with dodge ring and face would have over 30... lol.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

So ur lvl 70? Anways.. what you should know is when bird vs bird.. gear doesn't play a huge role in endgame pvp. What matters is your dodge. My bird (photonarcher) is lvl 66 and I am using a l66 Sun God set. I am able to beat phantom set birds most of the time because 1. my speed in pressing the "arrows" 2. a slight bit of luck . IM NOT SAYING I CAN PULL IT OFF EVERY TIME. So, just use ur tiki set and use the 2 dodge ring and practice your speed. Those are the most important components for bird pvp. (my opinion) I hope I helped you! GL
    P.S. I like to start off with blind arrow when fighting a bird
    Blind, Blast, Thorn Root, and Repulse should do the trick. Otherwise just "SPRAY AND PRAY"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i bought the phantom set and found out it's not the gear.
    Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

i bought the phantom set and found out it's not the gear.
    Lol
    LOL!

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    He said he does NOT have a Phantom set and wants help AGAINST them.

Basically, you gotta hope they don't dodge. You actually do more damage with the "of Tiki" set but if they dodge it all, you no win. Last bird I fought had a Phantom set and I only use "of Tiki". I easily got my skills off quicker and understood my range better but could not beat him when DODGE continuously scrolled above his head. When he didn't dodge, I won easily. Just luck of the draw.

Oo I miss read Was 2 am to my country when I answered O.O..

So you could try Warbirds.. Since they dodge all, they most of time easily kill poor lil' dex birds =) ..

You could try this combo ^^:

__________________________________________________ ____

Base points : 160 str, rest Dex!
    Skills points : 7 blast, 7 root, 7 focus, 6 heal, 7 evasion, 7 break , 6 shatter, 7 repulse, 6 blind, 4wallroot, 5avian (if you're 71, add 1 point on blind)
    Items : Crafted Walker Crusher Emotion mace set. ! 10 Damage+2 dodge ring.

__________________________________________________ ____

When you get rooted, use avian scream or ur kinda dead .. Unless you hit him much before ^^..
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |