Quote Originally Posted by Exion View Post
Well, I didn't realy mind the energy thingy until I stumbled upon the 1.5h waiting time..
I left, played a bit of SL, came back and played some more.
But then.. then I wanderd upon the 3h timer.
3 hours to wait till a mission expires? And the best thing is, I can't move on in the campaign until that timer hits 0.

I guess that my initial thought of not worrying to much about the energy system was wrong.

I'm guessing that the Times will even get worse with every lvl above mine so I'm gonna quit, I don't wanna annoy myself by clicking on a mission that'll cost me 10 energy and wich will take 4.5h to Finnish.
Ok I haven't come across the 1.5 hour timer or the 3 hour one, but, obviously it exists. And that alone will make me stop playing the game. I don't have the time or the inclination to wait that long to wait for a simple cutscene to complete its action. I enjoy running maps, practicing my skills, and trying to improve my game play.

Please don't suggest that I try PVP, I'm not interested in it and never really have been. I will have one of my guildies in pl explaine the mechanics and rules to me but I won't be participating.

How can I improve my game play if after an hour or two I'm out of energy? Basically, right now I feel like cinderella, all dressed up and ready for the ball but the coach is still a pumpkin.

Now, I can see the practicality of the energy mechanic from this viewpoint, it WILL slow down players trying to rush to level cap. And that in and of itself is not a bad thing in a new game with minimal levels. However, in the long run, I think that the energy mechanic (EM) will be a huge detractor to the game and will cause players like myself to stop playing. And lord knows that I've purchased plenty of plat in PL and I was prepared to do the same in DL.

I don't like the EM. As a guild master, I am frequently asked to help out guild members, or just to run with them. With an EM in place I am no longer able to help out guildies the way I like. Helping my guild out is one of the things that I love about being a high level/GM. With the EM in place it's going to be more like "/r sry can't help now out of energy"

Please rethink the EM as well as the wait time to complete the cut scenes, because if DL is planned to have as many levels as PL, and you already have wait times of 3 hours to complete a cutscene, I can foresee that in the not so distant future it could conceveably take a day or more to complete a single mission.

Either a faster energy per min E/M rate is needed, or scrapped entirely. I don't mind a brief wait, (15) min, for a cut scene to complete, but, at some point in time that particular mechanic is going to become cumbersome as well.

I'm not sure what the solution should be, but you guys have created 3 brilliant games. You think outside the box every day and you managed to get a middle aged woman into the world of mmo's, and more importantly you listen to the players. Please do so with this issue as well.