Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Actions and Energy Mechanic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im thinking that removing energy will really messed up the game, as i think the game is circling on it. I thought dark legends game play will be like pl and sl. But as mentioned its totaly different. Im not requesting to remove energy thing, but how about a suggestion of having a monthly subscription to purchase vis plat to ignore energy limitation, that way, we can still play game on hardcore for a month. If you dont purchase the monthly subscription of unlimited energy. Well then wait till energy is full. What do you think guys?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Not mentioned yet in this thread. A 2nd toon slot in DL costs 50 plat, in SL and PL it costs 5 plat.
    Now, i reserved 2 names for DL at a cost of 20 plat each. I thought it safe to assume it would cost 5 plat again to get the second slot, i was wrong.

I now have 2nd name reserved that i cannot afford to buy the 2nd slot for currently. Maybe one day i can, who knows. If i had known it would be 10 times more I would only have reserved one.

There are ways but i doubt it will be the route chosen. I paid for a reserved name and thats what i got until it is freed up and taken away over time.

If it is unused and taken away, i have essentially been sold nothing, because my reservation has been cancelled. If the hold can be released and refunded, i don't think i have anything to complain about because i have neither gained nor lost anything.

Or, additional character slots could be made more affordable.

Hopefully i was clear, concise, and constructive. I'm really trying hard to not just be negative but it has left me a bad taste.
    I do believe the term for that is a "bait and switch marketing strategy."

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

This is the biggest downfall for DL.
    Between cutscene waiting time and short playing missions I have already spent all my energy. If I want to go back into action I have to wait a huge time or either pay to refill the bar.
    This game is not for me as it is now. In this time of economic crisis I have to really think where to invest money into - and this system that encourages plat spending just doesn't fit for me.
    Many have expressed their opinion about the energy mechanics and I share the critics' views the most.
    I'm sorry to say that I actually feel I shouldn't have paid to reserve my name for DL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

First 15 minutes of logging on, it reminds me of Mafia Wars. I will not be investing in this game.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

You even think of wether to invite?They may not join because of energy system.We friends cant play togethor like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Deleting (or emptying) my posts critiquing dark legends.
    Last edited by MrKrone; 04-12-2012 at 02:16 PM.
    PL ~ Mrkrone - FluxPlumage - CrushedHope - CrushedDream - CrushedMind ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Playing PvP does not cost energy.

Hanging out in the social spaces does not cost energy.

Pretty much everything else (actions and missions) does. Also, Energy is a item - you can get lucky and get more as drops from opponents and bosses!
    Soz, hoss. Downloaded it, tried it for about an hour, and will be deleting. The Energy mechanic is so unplayable to someone like me (and many others) who like to play for long stretches, and who do not want to PvP or mill about town doing non-gameplay-related things.

Too bad, because there are some cool features that we have been asking for like, forever, in PL (and SL) that were never added.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrone View Post
    Guys, we need to be a little more appreciative of this game, even with its downfall(s) (energy). Sts has spent MANY hours and tons of money to produce, develop, and advertise this game. That's the reason plat prices are so high; they're recuperating for the amount of money gone into this. Even though they asked for our feedback, our answers are basicly a HUGE insult to spacetime. We sit here, as Sts spent all their time and money, and we simply beg and assault them for Sts to change the WHOLE game.

I realize I am not a fan of the energy, too, but more importantly I realize that the whole game revolves around energy. Your not asking to change the energy mechanic, your begging for a new game. A game that was realized yesterday.

If Sts does remove energy, you have to think of what else they need to remove/change. For instance, achievements sometimes give bonuses to energy. That would have to change. So would some mob drops, some boss drops, quest rewards. The point is, they CANT do anything about the energy crisis.
    Not without spending more money and raising plat prices once again.

So we must be more supportive. In my origional post, I COMPLETELY dissed spacetime, and said id never play dark legends. I'm going to take all that back. I will keep playing dark legends, but only once a day. Maybe less. Spacetime, Sam, I apologize. We need to suck it up, and deal with what we don't like. Cursing at spacetime, vowing to never play again, quitting this place as a whole. It does not suffice, and will not be tolerated (least not by me.)
    Sure, if you want to "tolerate" something, knock yourself out. A lot of players play games for stress relief, farming, or pure fun. I don't play games to "tolerate" features.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Do the developers and code masters get a percentage of the money from platinum buying? I really don't see how this energy system made it into the game or got past the beta testers or even the alpha testers. Woke up, played a whole 15 minutes out of energy... over a 2 hour wait to get full energy back. No, I'm not going to sit in game for two hours doing nothing. Never played pvp on PL or SL, it's just not my thing. The feedback seems overwhelmingly against this flawed energy system, Spacetime show us your listening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

After reading all the posts I must say one I agreed most with was Kiitz.

I'd also like to add something. Everyone likes freedom. Everyone likes being free to do as they choose. Especially adults who have finally gotten out of the house and started life. Life is in their own hands now, they are "free". The entire country of America was founded on the idea of freedom. "land of the free" (ring a bell?)

What the crap am I talking about? This game does not allow freedom. And most of the people playing it are adults from America. Hmm problem? Indeed.

Someone mentioned that it's no different than elixirs, this whole energy mess. That's not true. People are free to buy the elixirs at will to help "boost" their leveling rate. We are taught that elixirs will cause above average leveling, and that excites us. When we feel forced to purchase energy simply to level at a (in our minds) "normal rate" there is a problem. Suddenly we aren't excited anymore.

Samhayne, I really hope you listen to all these guys' comments. They are trying to be as nice/civil as possible, but if I'm not mistaken there is quite a bit of anger and frustration at this whole idea. Don't try and defend it. Everyone is on the same page here. Please consider the requests that have been posted. Appreciate it.

Thanks for reading my post all! Have a good day!

~MM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default DL Enery Thoughts

Well, I LOVE Dark Legends. It took some time getting used to, but I think its beautifully done.

I would love to see a few tweeks.
    Remember the PL GCD? Well…I do. Implementing it really ruined gameplay for many, many, many players. I know you guys were tweaking the timing, but for me, it was still too hard to play. I completely quit playing for a few months. When I decided to check it out again, I was pleasantly surprised. You guys continued to adjust the gcd and made to sewers a little easier so I could actually play without dying constantly.

So, tweak DL a bit. Bump energy regen up a bit. Lower the plat cost to auto regen. I am certainly a lixaholic, I could see myself paying to restore energy on occasion at around 5 plat. 10 feels pricey for the time of gameplay you get, especially without DL having a 2k plat pack (wink wink).
    And, I personally would love the addition of auto attack. Without it, gameplay is more engaging, but for someone like me, it is very difficult to play well without it. When I’m playing, its usually while watching Dora the explorer while kids are sitting on my head. There may be another area discussing this, but I didn’t see it, so please forum people, don’t comment on the location of my comments. I’m trying to squeeze this note in before My little pony is over and three 3 yrs olds demand cookies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

After encoutering the 3hour cutscene i wanted to quit but i thought.. I'll give it another shot.
    So now I'm in the 4th campaign, and to advance it takes a whopping 6 min to spend all my energy.
    That is for 3 cutscenes and 1 playable quest.
    And now I have to wait.. 9 hours for 1 of those cutscenes to finnish.

6 min of "playtime" .. 9 hour wait to advance is kinda messed up from my point of view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm curious to find out when critical mass has been attained and changes actually occur. How many people must dislike / have valid issue with a feature before re-evaluation is started and a fix (if there is going to be one) is implemented?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

My negative opinions have totally changed after my first 4-5 hours of gameplay. I love the energy system, although I must agree the replenish time is slow. What do I think? I think there should be a pool, that your character can stand in. While in that pool, the energy replenish time becomes faster. Maybe it could go up to , say, 1 energy per minute.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaduck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    My negative opinions have totally changed after my first 4-5 hours of gameplay. I love the energy system, although I must agree the replenish time is slow. What do I think? I think there should be a pool, that your character can stand in. While in that pool, the energy replenish time becomes faster. Maybe it could go up to , say, 1 energy per minute.
    Nice, like AO pool but in Sanctuary or something. Cool idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Energy duration seems reasonable to me, but I only play for short bursts of time. STS, please add a sensitivity slider for the camera rotation in the options.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    Energy duration seems reasonable to me, but I only play for short bursts of time. STS, please add a sensitivity slider for the camera rotation in the options.
    Which maps have you played so far? Another poster timed his energy consumption in a single map and it was something like 6 minutes to use 25 energy. I've blown through 25 in about 10 minutes and I'm only level 9. Being forced to wait or pay after 10 minutes of playtime is pretty bad. If it wasn't for the PvP (which I'm having a blast in), I wouldn't bother playing at all. Basically, I pvp for about an hour, blow through my energy in pve then go back to pvp.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I think we should divide energy problems into short term and long term issues. In the short term, we have the click/ watch / drain energy. Those are only required to unlock maps so will be forgotten in a week. The long term is playability and that is 3 energy per map, 3 minutes and a 25 energy limit that refills in 125 minutes. That means roughly 1 minute of play for each 5 minutes of wait.
    Please state which your problem relates too so we can stop mixing discussions.
    Thanks!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Deleting (or emptying) my posts critiquing dark legends.
    Last edited by MrKrone; 04-12-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    PL ~ Mrkrone - FluxPlumage - CrushedHope - CrushedDream - CrushedMind ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper McGee:616994
    Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    Which maps have you played so far? Another poster timed his energy consumption in a single map and it was something like 6 minutes to use 25 energy. I've blown through 25 in about 10 minutes and I'm only level 9. Being forced to wait or pay after 10 minutes of playtime is pretty bad. If it wasn't for the PvP (which I'm having a blast in), I wouldn't bother playing at all. Basically, I pvp for about an hour, blow through my energy in pve then go back to pvp.
    I have only done the first three instances. Also, I want to reinforce the fact that I play in short bursts and have hours between my play sessions. I do agree that 10 plat is a bit steep to recharge, about 5 would be more reasonable, or at least an option to pay with gold.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050