Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Actions and Energy Mechanic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Deleting (or emptying) my posts critiquing dark legends.
    Last edited by MrKrone; 04-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    PL ~ Mrkrone - FluxPlumage - CrushedHope - CrushedDream - CrushedMind ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrone View Post
    Dark legends looks and feels like a much more customizeable, 3d, social version of storm8's game "Vampires Live." Due to all of this, there is a major chance I will not return to dark legends.
    Sorry for stealing your words there but It describes what I feel.

I really liked how the game looks and plays.

But I do like to grind it out in PL and get to high levels and play constantly. Instead of playing a few hours of Xbox, I played PL and grinded it out with some in game friends. Now with the new energy system I can't do that. I have to play use up my energy then play again. Its flawed system.

Here is what I think.

In PocketLegends the more casual players wouldn't buy that 3x xp potion things. How ever some of the more hardcore players would in the end game.

In DL the more casual player probably still won't buy that extra energy and just leave. How ever the more hardcore players will not become hardcore due to the fact that it takes money to level up to the end game.

And the fact that you can just outright buy xp is wrong.
    Check out my YouTube Channel if you got the time:SamKimTV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every time you level, the Max Energy count should go up some. Would easily fix the problem...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I'm moving this here from another post. This is my take on energy. Just my opinion of course.

Yesterday there was outrage all over the forums and in game about it. My opinion on it... I love it. It was a little confusing at first, but now that I understand it I love it. It gives me a chance to spend 15 minutes in the game, then go do something else. Then come back again. Or, if I don't have much time and I just want to use my energy, I can get some quick experience by executing an non mission action. Its pretty cool.

Now let me say, the main issue I see here is that it will create a large gap between plat and not plat buyers. Given the increased price (drastically I might add) of platinum, the gap could get very large. To the point where you could say it is borderline FTP.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I'm moving this here from another post. This is my take on energy. Just my opinion of course.

Yesterday there was outrage all over the forums and in game about it. My opinion on it... I love it. It was a little confusing at first, but now that I understand it I love it. It gives me a chance to spend 15 minutes in the game, then go do something else. Then come back again. Or, if I don't have much time and I just want to use my energy, I can get some quick experience by executing an non mission action. Its pretty cool.

Now let me say, the main issue I see here is that it will create a large gap between plat and not plat buyers. Given the increased price (drastically I might add) of platinum, the gap could get very large. To the point where you could say it is borderline FTP.
    You love a mechanic that prevents players from actually being able to play for more than a few minutes at a time--in an F2P game--without being forced to spend money? There's nothing preventing any players from logging out at will without such a feature.

Also, I don't think it'll create a gap between plat and non-plat buyers. I think it'll prevent more people from buying plat who otherwise would have. I'd happily drop $50 for vanity gear, in general, but there's no possibility I'll spend any money on DL while the current energy mechanic is in place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper McGee View Post
    You love a mechanic that prevents players from actually being able to play for more than a few minutes at a time--in an F2P game--without being forced to spend money? There's nothing preventing any players from logging out at will without such a feature.

Also, I don't think it'll create a gap between plat and non-plat buyers. I think it'll prevent more people from buying plat who otherwise would have. I'd happily drop $50 for vanity gear, in general, but there's no possibility I'll spend any money on DL while the current energy mechanic is in place.
    I personally love it because it prevents me from playing it constantly.

As for the gap, you'd then be part of the non-plat buyers. Whether or not you by plat wouldn't affect the gap that will build. Those that buy it will have a much greater opportunity to advance faster and to look "cooler".

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)