Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Actions and Energy Mechanic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I think the situation we really have is this game is not meant for some of us. Some people, like the cutesy animals, and not too difficult game play of PL, some like spacemen, and the challenging pounding of SL. I think this game is meant for people that like vampires and like to wait or spend money to wait faster. To each his own I guess.

We all have a choice, I just don't see it being very interesting for a long time with the current set up. How will guilds work with most people on different wait and refil timers? Also I have joined multi games twice already that were seconds from being completed, so now I only plat single to get better value from the limited energy.
    Also I have disconnected and been pingged out in instances and lost out. (bad signal, phone call, uncertain reason).

The concept, graphics, story, and fighting are all cool and a job well done. I just don't feel it is a game that will keep my interest for very long, it is too slow. In my opinion. this doesn't mean I will leave SL, I just don't see me staying with DL like it is. There are many things a company can produce that I don't like, and some that I do. This, I guess, is one of those things like black licorice, I don't support it, but it doesn't stop me from supporting the red licorice. I may even try black licorice from time to time to see if my tases have changed.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #82
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    I think the situation we really have is this game is not meant for some of us. Some people, like the cutesy animals, and not too difficult game play of PL, some like spacemen, and the challenging pounding of SL. I think this game is meant for people that like vampires and like to wait or spend money to wait faster. To each his own I guess.

We all have a choice, I just don't see it being very interesting for a long time with the current set up. How will guilds work with most people on different wait and refil timers? Also I have joined multi games twice already that were seconds from being completed, so now I only plat single to get better value from the limited energy.
    Also I have disconnected and been pingged out in instances and lost out. (bad signal, phone call, uncertain reason).

The concept, graphics, story, and fighting are all cool and a job well done. I just don't feel it is a game that will keep my interest for very long, it is too slow. In my opinion. this doesn't mean I will leave SL, I just don't see me staying with DL like it is. There are many things a company can produce that I don't like, and some that I do. This, I guess, is one of those things like black licorice, I don't support it, but it doesn't stop me from supporting the red licorice. I may even try black licorice from time to time to see if my tases have changed.
    Nice perspective, KillaSkillz. I like licorice in all it's glorious forms, but I know what you mean
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every time you level, the Max Energy count should go up some. Would easily fix the problem...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I Love dark legends so far! The only thing I don't like as much is the energy. (I'm probably not planning too well, but it seems like energy runs out fast)
    IGN: Mastercon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I'm moving this here from another post. This is my take on energy. Just my opinion of course.

Yesterday there was outrage all over the forums and in game about it. My opinion on it... I love it. It was a little confusing at first, but now that I understand it I love it. It gives me a chance to spend 15 minutes in the game, then go do something else. Then come back again. Or, if I don't have much time and I just want to use my energy, I can get some quick experience by executing an non mission action. Its pretty cool.

Now let me say, the main issue I see here is that it will create a large gap between plat and not plat buyers. Given the increased price (drastically I might add) of platinum, the gap could get very large. To the point where you could say it is borderline FTP.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

The good thing about it is that its almost summer so I'm going to be getting outdoors more. Since I can only play so log on the game ill just do it like I do my zoo game, just in use up energy and leave. It kinda takes care of my urge to spend hours leveling .

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Infinite Union-Officer Click here to join
    Trixie-Rogue/ Trixietoo-Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

You really should make buffs a useable item. I finished a map leveled up and got am energy buff....totally wasted since leveling up filled energy. Oh look I got a sweet buff from that mission, too bad i'm out of energy and can do nothing but watch it tick away.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Thought I would inject something to lighten the mood

Name:  18395914.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  78.5 KB

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I'm moving this here from another post. This is my take on energy. Just my opinion of course.

Yesterday there was outrage all over the forums and in game about it. My opinion on it... I love it. It was a little confusing at first, but now that I understand it I love it. It gives me a chance to spend 15 minutes in the game, then go do something else. Then come back again. Or, if I don't have much time and I just want to use my energy, I can get some quick experience by executing an non mission action. Its pretty cool.

Now let me say, the main issue I see here is that it will create a large gap between plat and not plat buyers. Given the increased price (drastically I might add) of platinum, the gap could get very large. To the point where you could say it is borderline FTP.
    You love a mechanic that prevents players from actually being able to play for more than a few minutes at a time--in an F2P game--without being forced to spend money? There's nothing preventing any players from logging out at will without such a feature.

Also, I don't think it'll create a gap between plat and non-plat buyers. I think it'll prevent more people from buying plat who otherwise would have. I'd happily drop $50 for vanity gear, in general, but there's no possibility I'll spend any money on DL while the current energy mechanic is in place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I love DL i think it's the best game yet <3 it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Whel DL comes out for iOS i plan on buying platinum, so my question is, how much are the premium character pack thing and how muchdoes the platinum cost?
    INDUBITABLY:banana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

$1 per 10 platinum.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post

I disagree completely. While your point is good for general feedback, such as answering "Do you like the game?" type questions, it's not really applicable to this discussion. This thread has almost nothing to do with general feedback; it's specific to platinum and the current energy system. Case in point, I really, really like the game, overall. Additionally, I don't mind the cost of platinum, in general. What I really dislike ,however, is the manner in which the current energy mechanic has been implemented (I also dislike the ridiculously and, seemingly, arbitrarily long mission timers). It's most definitely not a matter of the game not being "meant" for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Anyone else having issues with Walter Henriksen? I can't kill because every time he goes to half health he heals himself?!?!?! First time I beat him fine... Deleted char and did fit again and now this.
    Pocket Legends- Basswhole 71, Archey 66, Idodge 61 Warbird Twink, Butcher-fnord 27
    Star Legends- Gizmo 40, EBay 7
    Dark Legends- Walmart 20, Target 17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper McGee View Post
    You love a mechanic that prevents players from actually being able to play for more than a few minutes at a time--in an F2P game--without being forced to spend money? There's nothing preventing any players from logging out at will without such a feature.

Also, I don't think it'll create a gap between plat and non-plat buyers. I think it'll prevent more people from buying plat who otherwise would have. I'd happily drop $50 for vanity gear, in general, but there's no possibility I'll spend any money on DL while the current energy mechanic is in place.
    I personally love it because it prevents me from playing it constantly.

As for the gap, you'd then be part of the non-plat buyers. Whether or not you by plat wouldn't affect the gap that will build. Those that buy it will have a much greater opportunity to advance faster and to look "cooler".

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #96
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hey folks,

We realize that the Energy mechanic is controversial, but it is designed to do many things, and is core to this game.

Part of the design is to pace the game, and part of it is to bring you back to towne to socialize between tearing humans to shreds.

That being said, we know you'd like more, so tomorrow morning we will be increasing the drop rate of energy 5X in the 3D dungeons.

Thanks!

- g

Please continue the Energy mechanic discussion here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ates-coming%29

PS: We'd also love your feedback on what else to do in towne while you recharge: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...trict-feedback
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: