Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Items

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Items

There are many items you can collect for your vampire in Dark Legends. After you have played Dark Legends, we would like to hear your thoughts about these items. Are there some you really like? Are there some that you feel are not balanced?

We ask that you please keep your feedback constructive, as per the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.
    Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

In my opinion items can seem confusing because there just a bunch of stones you dont see any physical change to your toon. All they do is modify your stats.

having a perk as you add same color of stones like a combo (from left to right on your avatar page), pink, green, pink, green, as one set.... gives you +5 damage
    or
    green green, pink pink, gives you +5 def

some ideas
    -Ghost
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Second!!! This is fun. It took me some thinking about why you didnt make gear with stats and went with stones and a ton of vanities. I think I get it now, or at least what makes sense to me.

Ok so how about colored auras in relations to the stones? Maybe based on power level of highest or just give people a color option if multiple pink are there?
    Is there any plan to allow us to combine stones?
    What was the reason to go with pinks so early and bypass purps all together, or does game have a different color scheme?
    Any plans to socket items for stone implanting? Even vanities?
    Any plans to have set items with set bonuses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Would love to see more different looks on weaponry and maybe a diff color cast for when you have different gems equipped. Not as sure about the gems, but since we're talking customization, it'd be nice to mix and match and actually look different.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Make buff items that can be used when the player wants to use them, instead of auto buffing. These buffs are absolutely worthless on the cut scene click and done missions for the most part.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Items that give you critical, or can there be something that shows crit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Not everybody in the entire world thinks dual wielding is cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Having 2 swords are cool but I would like 1 sword or spear etc..... or how about being able to equip individual weapons to a certain hand. Then it could be a set bonus for using both and split stats between different weapon used together. ive noticed some weapons not having individual look and it seems like thats what you were going for. Just an idea. The stones thing is cool now everyone can be different in stats even within others the same lvl. Messing around I saw how to build stats for damage or tanking and such. Having saved set would be cool just so I wouldnt have to piece it together individually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Not sure if anyone else has come across this, but can anyone just grab an item that is dropped by a mob or from a "chest"?
    PL Characters: Azumel Hapexamendios Dazamo
    SL Characters: Azumel Hapexamendios Dazamo
    DL Characters: Azumel Lilit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dazamo View Post
    Not sure if anyone else has come across this, but can anyone just grab an item that is dropped by a mob or from a "chest"?
    nope, others cant see your stuff...but if you let it sit there it might disappear.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Any chance we could get 2handed weapons for variety?
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

While I appreciate the removal of Auto attack and the lack of a time stat, it does seem to limit the variety of weapons you can use. Are any weapons ranged?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Range weapons pls like bow, crossbow, grenades... xD
    2h weapons like spear, staff,...
    The idea for different outfits is cool but pls offer more gold items including weapons.
    A button to switch weaponry on HUD, that would be an updated version of PL (where u could only change in menu).

Still testing the game with three chars...
    So far I think it's pretty awesome, but of course there are things that Need to be fixed.
    I will give my two cents on the other thread.
    Last edited by Bebsi; 04-13-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I feel that the items all similar and make the appearance of the game somewhat bland. I would like to see a greater variety of items in appearance and names. For example, I've seen the mace with a different "name tag" many times in the game. I'd like to see more items that give the player uniqueness of choice. Just my point-zero-two.

I like the game and the items are very cool. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next!
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I feel like adding ranged weapons would help fix the overall shallowness of the current character customization options. Right now the abilities are, for the most part, very similar, and ranged weapons would add more to the diversity of your character. For the vanity aspect, I find the customization to be wonderful, why can't the playstyle customization have even a 10th of vanity's depth?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

What about adding a gore stat to weapons. Higher gore means they are more messy and create more splatter.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Please change the featured items and have a regular rotation like dotd.
    Also to add on to fluff, the gore feature could fill the blood lust feed meter faster.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

So in my observations, items usually drop at of +1 the level of the toon at the time. Based on the level it drops the item will get a type and suffix; for instance, ...of Well-being for L14 so all of those items have the exact same stats as long as they are the same color and the only thing that changes is the type swords v knives v cleavers etc. So my question is why are there so many of the same thing? I recall that PL hit a data wall and you're starting this game off with a massive amount of recycled content right out the gate?! I cannot say that I understand that. It's a bit like those promo codes that were floating around the web; the items were all L3, all had the same stats, and some of them shared the exact same look. So why would I choose one over the other... or better yet, why are they both in the game? I think 4 promo codes would have covered all of the looks that were offered.

If I were to make a suggestion, I'd say change the drops system. Items should have different stats at the same level. The way things are now some level items only help with stats in the defensive areas and if you want an offensive build, you have to choose an item in a completely different level bracket.

Why aren't there any more options besides double handed weapons? A shield would be nice, maybe a crossbow or throwing daggers. I mean if we only want melee which is the opposite of SL, can we at least get some different looks? Whips, broad swords, medieval morning star, I don't really care what gets tossed into the fray, I just know the same few variations level after lever makes me sad because this game is much more visually appealing than it's predecessors but it is lacking fundamentals.

Finally, why is there a vanity slot in auction? There are no vanity weapons or gems so what purpose does that option really have?
    Last edited by Gluttony; 04-16-2012 at 03:24 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

L15 PNK Souldrinkers -- they're from the Mystery Box. Shouldn't they glow?!?

Star light, star bright...