Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Missions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Actually I've started to accumulate completed missions during the day, when I really can't play but I can log on, and at night. Then when I am able to play, I collect a few missions, hoping for buffs. As someone else mentioned, the longer missions seem to have a better chance of getting a reward, so I always do them when I can't play.

My feeling is that the leveling seems too fast with the missions. I do not want to level, just do missions while I cannot play, but when I do collect the finished missions, sometimes I level when I do not want to level -- I just want a couple buffs to play the dungeons. So maybe 1/2 the xp on the non-dungeon missions??

Same with the lower levels -- I've barely played and I level twice. It's a bit fast for me.
    I've noticed that too. I went about halfway from 18-19 while I was at work today. I never spent more than a handful of minutes at a time. But I feel like the idea of "Progress even while you're busy" is a great idea, and makes me WANT the energy mechanic to be in DL for good.
    Cjon - Lvl 21!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Missions are really stupid, personaly I don't get a point of them. We just do them for exp and money and do not bother reading all that non-sence of mission notes.... This is really boring, would rather see SL or PL type missions, cuz those had you to think what to do or had a normal adictive storylines. DL missions are without any purpose - click it, wait 0min-24h, click OK, do next mission or repeat. Same for gameplay missions - click it, hack'n'slash mobs, kill da boss in 5 seconds (solo), enter circle, click Ok, repeat or go to next mission...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've got a few friends from PL and SL (not to mention my wife... also a friend lol).

There is no option to host a password game... so if you want to do runs with friends, you have to get "lucky".

Getting lucky to play with my wife isn't something I like not having control over (does that sound naughty enough to be on a 17+ forum? :-)

Please add password hosting:-)

Even a crummy Paladin is a good one if he mashes the heal button a lot!!
    PocketLegend (41), LonelyKDOp (41), CrummyPaladin (41), CrummyMage (41), Manrchy (31), Paladin (10), many more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

There is a shared sentiment throughout this thread. Lemme' summarize:

Implementing the energy system was a critically poor choice and as a result may be lethally self inflicted wound that kills this game.

Personally, I feel the energy mechanic was utilized in an attempt to mirror the interest created by games like Mafia Wars and Storm8 games. Unfortunately, there's a few problems with that:
    I've played the Storm8 games with ruthless impulsive alacrity. I do not play them anymore because I realized that sort of gameplay is just a clever illusion that forces you to chase your own tail and think it's fun.
    People who liked PL and SL will quickly feel duped and disappointed.

I'm trying to formulate an explanation of why STS changed this format other than a cheaper way to generate revenue. I would presume to give them more credit than that but I'm stumped. The equation that is the end result of DL compared to its predecessors is quite simple. A large reduction is character customization, playable content with the addition of the energy system as a substitute for gameplay and a pushy item mall filling in for player diversity does NOT equal parameters for success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default My view

Well it's slightly better with the being able to invite friends over to your game.
    One major problem I have is that lately I would spend 3 of my energy to join a multiplayer game only to just solo it and continuously get killed. Now I barely do missions with the fear of just joining a no-man's-land mission. There needs to be a better way to join in missions.
    I also want to say that some of the time waits don't make sense at all to what the action is. I.e. Searching a body takes 24 hours? It takes 24 hours to walk through a magic barrier? It takes 9 hours to kill two guards and a door? The story vampire narrator is like 'I gotta kill these gang overlooks quickly before they notice!' Mission time? Over an hour -_-'
    I just want some of these times downsized.
    (Ps I stopped playing Storm8 games for PL and SL. I don't want to play Storm8 gamestyle again)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

being a casual gamer with limited time for gaming... i'm OK with the energy counter. it makes things more challenging -- i actually end up planning out my 3D sessions. it's really different from PL and SL. i can appreciate this coz it means levelling up is about the same pace for everyone. no more of those playing 24-7 and getting 20+levels higher than me within 1 week.

but i found the 3D missions a bit too short. longer would be fun... they seem especially short in multiplayer mode.

i like the StoryLine... i actually enjoy a good story. sometimes, i miss out on the story/ notes and end up redoing just to see the notes again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally like the short missions. They are nice when time is a crunch. HOWEVER I would like to see an "exploration zone" in each chapter. The Zones would be like the 3d missions, only they would be longer and have respawning units to really feel like your exploring the zone. To balance this out the basic units could have no item drop rates and killing the boss would allow you to finish the mission. As for item drops they could come from non respawning boxes, trash cans, chests, etc and from the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

I'm pretty sure I said this somewhere else too, but I think that the 3d missions shouldn't cost energy to appeal to the mmo gamers who want to grind their butts off and farm like hell, and the passive missions should cost energy. That way we get the best of both worlds
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like that idea too Matutd!! Maybe they could keep the shorter missions as they are now with the reward and energy cost but make the exploration/ larger zone free, more expansive but with no finishing reward.