I like the powers well enough and I expect the way they are organized on the tree is meant to support gameplay balance. They don't perfectly fit my image of what vampiric powers should be but the powers that work for an RPG like "Vampire: The Masquerade" are no doubt extremely difficult to implement in an MMORPG in a good, balanced way.

On a purely GUI level I do wish I could "try on" powers and not have them be final until I hit save - e.g. the attack and defense passive powers also affect other stats like health and I can't see what all the changes are until I buy the power and then I'm stuck.

I also think that more room for customization would be enjoyable. One system like that which I like from a console game involved collecting power points in areas like range, speed, efficiency, luck, damage and combining those to make higher levels - like combining 3 range points to make a level 2 range point. Combine 3 level 2 range points, get a level 3, etc. I'm not suggesting that method exactly but I'm not against it - what I am suggesting is being able to put points into powers in a more granular way - put points into the speed of shadow dance and you move faster; put points into the range of shadow dance and the aoe is extended; put points into efficiency and it costs less blood; etc., etc.

This could be a secondary attribute system that complements the main one where you buy access to the power (or level 2, 3, etc. of the power) or it could replace it altogether. This would allow for much more personalization and variety in gameplay.