Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - User Interface

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    ALrighty pics say 1000 words. so here it is.

Part 1- Number of each level for easy display of energy needed for level,
    Part 2- shows little money icons from levels you did not know you did, (i do cross levels because sometimes one level doesn't have the energy i need to burn)
    Part 3- a collect all button, this helps instead of going to each level and collecting, this helps with part 2
    other thoughts--> if energy would level up as you do then these would defiantly help.

This is sooo needed!! And I'd add a little hourglass to those missions that are delayed (vs the one that are instant) and I think I'll dare to ask if it would be possible to identify the short (<15 minutes), medium (<4 hours) and long (>4 hours) missions. That could be done with wooden, silver and gold hourglasses as small icons...
    To me, mission selection is a bit of a mess now and I just keep clicking everywhere to find the one I want to do!
    Oh! And more constrasting icons for done vs new missions! Now it's silver vs silverish with a tiny glimpse of color... It's rather difficult to find new missions in a blink of an eye... (tough you know it's from the last few ones on the line..)

Also, when finishing a 3D mission, I'd prefer having a "Restart" button than a "Next Mission" button. Yeah, it's cool to revisit many mission in order, but when I want a particular item, I'm redoing the same mission again and again! And this happens much more often than doing missions in a serial way...

Also, I'd like to quickly scroll through campaigns. I don't really like the campaign selection screen, because it don't even scroll automatically to "Current Campaign" when on first opening! This would be a minimum...
    However, better than this would be to add arrows to the campaign's title to scroll to previous / next campaign. This way, with a few clicks/taps you can browse all campaigns! This could be also done by sliding the screen left or right, but I don't know how it'll feel on Chrome.

I'll also add that having a bit more style and diversity on campaign backgrounds would be welcomed! To me it's very static (I know it's not the same image over, but it doesn't have any identity imho... ) We do pass a while on them, and it would be great if we'd be happy to get on a new campaign just to see what it will look like! For now, I'm just happy for the achievement and a bunch of new missions...

As for the 3D missions, when you use a power, it's very unclear to me how much time you still need before it comes available again. I think I've seen something evolving with the timer, but it wasn't very clear. I'd suggest a red filling or unfilling bar to easily keep track of the timer. I don't know if it would be clearer having a vertical filling (bottom up) or a radial one (clock style), but any will be better than nothing (or any constrasting enough if there's already such thing on).

Finally, I'd like to be able to see quickly my energy count or timer, and xp to next level! For the first one, energy, maybe when clicking/tapping on it you could display current energy with the timer besides. You have sooo much free space to pay for refill!
    And for the second one, XP, it comes from last patch: you had the total XP to reach in the bar. However, I guess the bar was too small when on high level, thus the change in current XP progress. That's fine, but why not giving the needed XP count instead? It's a tad less intuitive, so you could add "needed" for first few levels (with smaller numbers, this should be ok), but it would give useful information instead of that "random value" with no purpose to those who can't remember what's the next XP goal.

So, quick recap:
    1. Hourglass for delayed missions (could be different depending on delays)
    2. More contrasting new/done mission icons
    3. Restart button upon 3D mission completion
    4. A way for quick scrolling of campaigns
    5. More love to campaigns' backgrounds
    6. Energy level and timer in the "Refill" dialog
    7. Clearer timer display on powers
    8. Show the XP needed for next level instead of current XP

Thanks for reading!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For the Chrome version, I would very much like to be able to use the Arrow keys to move as I find it very awkward to try to move and fight using skills at the same time as one often needs to as they fight through a group of enemies. Also a chase cam mode would be very nice as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

some suggestions i hope will be considered...

#1. make playing the game easier... as it is, i think i need to press like 3 clicks/ icons to actually login and play the game. same goes with quitting. need to press like 3 times to quit the game. perhaps auto select default characters, etc...

#2. when selecting campaigns, can the default be set the the current level? its annoying each time i want to switch campaign, it displays the first campaign and i have to scroll towards the end to get to my 'current' location. usually, i just want to do the 1-2 campaign before my 'current' one.

#3. as mentioned earlier by others... an indication of how many energy will be used for each mission. it's annoying having to click and find out i dun have enough...

#4. disable auto select skills... i only found out i could disable auto select after the 3-4pts was spent that way. and to respec, i have to pay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    This is probably not the correct thread to post this feedback but I could not find a better alternative:

The AFK timer that logs you out of the game is a little bit too short, it would be nice if it was about doubled because by the time I come back from the fridge with cookies, pickles and chocolate milk I have been logged out. :P

LOL, u pregnant?
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

5. The Following User Says Thank You to n00b13st For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Lightbulb

I have one suggestion that applies to all 3 games - the "uncheck notifications boxes" don't seem to do what I'd expect them to do. I want to be able to totally ignore certain things like "drive by friending" and "beggar X wants to trade with you"; I won't friend them or trade with them, I don't want to know they are asking (just go in periodically and 'reject all'.)
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I agree that the area near the virtual joystick shouldn't rotate the view. I have problems in all legends titles with this on both my kindle fire and my epic 4g, but the extra axis of rotation makes it worse in DL.

Also, sometimes I literally lose myself in the game since we don't have our names above our own characters. Sure, we ought to know our names... but maybe an arrow or something would help. Even on the fire, I get lost in a crowd now and then.

<PL level 57 Archer>---<SL level 40 Operative>---<DL level 21 Vampire>
    Thanks to Mitchturbo for the awesome signature! Check out his thread!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trebouchet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think I might have accidentally removed a friend but couldn't be sure perhaps a confirmation after tappin remove?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RaijinSama View Post
    I like PL combat skill buttons as it lets u use all ur skill without scrolling like in SL. Since theres alot of different skills, we should have to option to change the UI so we can put every skill on the screen and also the size of the icons.

So here is what i would love to see in the future changes:

*UI changeable size.
    *Able to add additional combat hotkeys.
    *Remove unnecessary bars that not required during PvP and Missions. You dont really need to know how much energy/xp u got during missions since we dont even use it during missions.
    *Attack button in the bottom right corner. It should get removed as u can attack tapping on the screen but sometimes it doesnt work as well. (need fixing). The charge bar is good but if u remove the attack button, theres many places u can put a charge bar on the screen ie make ur char glow color when fully charge or even a small bar below the char feet.
    *Put a scroll bar in the inventory screen.
    *When u put ur mouse over ur hp orb, it should show hp regen per 5 sec, total hp.
    *Combat skill: i would love to c a count down on the skill instead of color. UI option

What i mostly want is the option to change UI to suit each person needs. Every1 is different so UI should be different.

If by "UI changeable size" you mean being able to customize the size of the powers/attack controls, I agree completely! The smaller size has resulted in more than one death - it results in fingers too close to the edge of the screen by the notifications area resulting in bringing up those notices which at best blocks my control of my character and at worst pops the game into the background (still running) while I frantically try to back into the game.

I've worked around it by putting a rubber band over the bottom of my screen to protect the notifications/etc. area from being touched.

If we could manage the size of those controls with a slider it would allow everyone to have just the size they find best.

One other point that maybe belongs in this thread - I have also had and seen deaths due to repeated "refusal" to feed when the feed icon is lit and yummy zombies/etc. are near. I've seen it with and without the sound that plays when you start to feed. Please, please, please fix this bug! We're vampires, feeding is our most important ability. (This has also happened in the form of refusing to consume a blood pack - it seems like server lag. We have a fast 35mb fiber connection and our ping is almost always <100ms so it seems certain to be on the servers themselves.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n00b13st View Post
    I have also had and seen deaths due to repeated "refusal" to feed when the feed icon is lit and yummy zombies/etc. are near. I've seen it with and without the sound that plays when you start to feed.
    Move your vamp butt around the ghouls/zombies a bit, until you get your feed mouth again and/or hit the skull a few times. As you move, it should retarget and you should get your yummy zombie.

I think (wild guess follows!) it's a targeting issue, so you have to force the game to retarget.

(See my blog on this site for a more extensive description of this issue!)
    Last edited by Fyrce; 05-08-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Move your vamp butt around the ghouls/zombies a bit, until you get your feed mouth again and/or hit the skull a few times. As you move, it should retarget and you should get your yummy zombie.

See my blog on this site for a more extensive description of this issue!
    I've had this - I have the "feed mouth", I hit the icon - no feed; I run around (to allow for the gaps in coding and testing) and try again, again no feed; I try again, running around and looking for a yummy putrid ztzombie. Nada. Good thing the game is free, eh?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I emailed this suggestion to support but will also post it here in the hopes it will be seen:

"Love your game, do have one quick and, I believe, easy to implement suggestion.

On my Galaxy Note, I played the game with tablet mode enabled and disabled to see the difference in UI.

The tablet resolution and UI interface of the game is much more suited to the Galaxy Note's screen size and resolution and I humbly suggest it is made the default layout for Galaxy Note devices. Enabling tablet mode requires editing the build.prop, which in turn requires root access and is something most people won't be willing or knowledgeable to do.

This is why I suggest making the tablet layout of Dark Legends the default for Galaxy Note line of devices - it will increase satisfaction among your customer base.

Thanks!"
    Guild Master of Blood, Bath and Beyond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Please, Add An Option To See Who Adds Who To A Guild. It Would Make It A Lot Easier To Reward Those Who Recruit Lots; and Spot Those Nasty Alts Join-Harrassing By Adding Already Kicked Members. This Would Be Incredibley Useful. Thanx