Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My thoughts on energy

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Thumbs down My thoughts on energy

Might as well make my own complaint thread since everyone else is.

Pros: I got the name "Hank"

Cons:

Energy- I've never devoted much time to FB games, but from what I've seen DL follows the same format. Buy energy to do things. Run out of energy and you can't. How fun is that?

Cost of character slots- Seriously; it costs more to buy a new character slot than to rename one? Although, I highly doubt anyone will be renaming a character; hopefully people are smart enough not to fork 50plat down the drain for one slot.

Quests- Seriously, are the quests really click-em-and-they're-done type quests now? What happened to actually doing something in order to complete a quest, by that I mean actually controlling your character to complete it, not just click and complete; or worse, click and WAIT! Who wants to sit there like a tool for 60seconds while literally nothing is happening? The only minimal fun I had were the few quests where you actually get to kill things.

Buying exp- I used to think Elixirs ruined PL (and still do). Which, in a way, they did, skill-wise. But you still had to play a bit to earn your exp.
    But DL? Why, now you can BUY EXP!
    That's right!
    Elixirs are for nubs, the real way to prove your nubiness is to buy exp instead.

I know DL is supposed to be different than PL and SL, and I absolutely agree! It is different, as far as MMO's go. It isn't an MMO in my opinion, it's a 3D clone of a FaceBook game with blood and a tad more depth.

I'll stick with PL. Until that inevitably gets messed up too. Or has it already?
    Last edited by Hankomachos; 04-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hankomachos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Well said, I was so disappointed in the energy feature and click and wait quests. PL is still my baby...

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

PL is the game to go with...

Btw,, I LOLed hard at the thread title

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Hank,

Thanks for taking the time to write us with your feedback. We know that the energy mechanic will not be for everyone. We have set up an official feedback thread for it that you can find in the Suggestions and Feedback forum here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nergy-Mechanic. Please direct your comments to the official thread. I also edited your thread title to more accurately reflect the content of your post.

Thanks in advance for keeping the feedback constructive!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com