Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Energy Info Needed

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Energy Info Needed

I need some information about energy, as I can not get into the game yet. If you can help with this, please do, and please do not complain about energy here, we know the problem, let's find a solution.

1) Does you energy Replenish when you level?
    2) Does your max energy increase when you level (automatically or as a stat)?
    3) How long does is take to fully recover (25 points, I guess) energy when the game is on?
    4) Does energy recover while the game is off, and at what rate?
    5) What rate does energy drain at? It is only when doing an action, or is it a steady constant drain when in a level?
    6) What happens when you run out of energy? Can you still 'leach'?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Default Energy Info Needed

I only played about 10 minutes at lunch, but this is what I found:

-Energy seemed to replenish when I leveled.
    -I did not notice any increase in max energy points.
    -You pay energy to enter an instance, and it does not drain while inside.
    -From something Sam said, it looks like you can get energy "drops" from enemies or bosses, which will add to your energy reserves.

I'm heading home soon, I'll try to remember to come back and fill in more information if I can.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

You get energy back all the time. Check energy bar it shows sometimes timer for next energy.
    Also got so far two energy drops from normal mobs not need to be boss.
    Also energy regens at same rate even if game is on or off.
    Last edited by Darkfader; 04-11-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

you get back one point of energy every 5 minutes i think offline or online. way too slow in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rkp71 View Post
    you get back one point of energy every 5 minutes i think offline or online. way too slow in my opinion.
    I basically depleted my energy doing the tutorial, then had to stand around in town for quite a while i order to gain enough to do just a few more missions. The rate at which one naturally gains back energy is so low it basically makes DL P2P if you want to play for an extended session, IMO. Funny thing is I'm willing to drop a bunch of money on vanity items, which is voluntary, but I'm unwilling to be coerced into paying just to play an F2P game beyond 15 - 39 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

its 10mins for me
    add me ign-latelunch i want to see you guys ingame

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Maybe we're encouraged to pvp too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yes my energy replenish time just went up. .. takes longer to collect energy as you level up I guess. Not fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rkp71 View Post
    Yes my energy replenish time just went up. .. takes longer to collect energy as you level up I guess. Not fun.
    I noticed this as well. At level 7 it was taking about 6:30 (minutes) to get one energy back. :/

PvP is interesting.. Though it's basically whoever attacks first kills the other person lol. Still fun. The dash helps a lot with caping the flag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Lol, I wonder if energy replenish in pvp as well, instead of standing idle in town or logged off
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Did STS ever mention why they implemented an energy component?

Is it just because they want you to have to pay (by buying energy) if you want to play for an extended period of time, or do they have another reasoning for it?
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Your energy replenishes over time no matter what you're doing. Online, offline, in Town, or PvP. You SHOULD gain 1 point of energy every 5 minutes. If you ever see a number above 5 minutes, you've been affected by a bug we're working to resolve.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...gy-Timer-Issue

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thade View Post
    Your energy replenishes over time no matter what you're doing. Online, offline, in Town, or PvP. You SHOULD gain 1 point of energy every 5 minutes. If you ever see a number above 5 minutes, you've been affected by a bug we're working to resolve.

Oh its a bug, last time i was on it said 16mins

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thade View Post

Bug or no bug, what was STS's reasoning for implementing the energy system? If we assume each instance takes 3 minutes to play, then we basically get to play for an hour and 15 minutes, then we will be out of energy. At that point, we are left with the option of either sitting around for 2 hours and 5 minutes (assuming 5 minutes to refill 1 energy) and then being able to resume playing from a full bar, or spend money to keep going.

This is reminiscent of facebook style games where you have to sit around and wait to do stuff unless you spend money. I guess the key is trying to get you addicted enough that you want to keep playing so badly that you refuse to wait around. I am really not a fan of this revenue model. It really penalizes the hardcore players, but then again, from STS's perspective I guess the hardcore players are the ones who are willing to spend money on the game. It just feels like this revenue generation model is a bit sneaky. I'd much rather a more straightforward small monthly fee or buying maps...
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    ...If we assume each instance takes 3 minutes to play, then we basically get to play for an hour and 15 minutes, then we will be out of energy.
    Actually, the number of combat instances are few in any map. Most of the instances are cutscenes, which means you blow through your 25 energy that much caster. You're lucky if you can get a full 1/2 hour out of your full energy bar and that's assuming you don't get an energy drop or level up during the process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Bug or no bug, what was STS's reasoning for implementing the energy system? If we assume each instance takes 3 minutes to play, then we basically get to play for an hour and 15 minutes, then we will be out of energy. At that point, we are left with the option of either sitting around for 2 hours and 5 minutes (assuming 5 minutes to refill 1 energy) and then being able to resume playing from a full bar, or spend money to keep going.

This is reminiscent of facebook style games where you have to sit around and wait to do stuff unless you spend money. I guess the key is trying to get you addicted enough that you want to keep playing so badly that you refuse to wait around. I am really not a fan of this revenue model. It really penalizes the hardcore players, but then again, from STS's perspective I guess the hardcore players are the ones who are willing to spend money on the game. It just feels like this revenue generation model is a bit sneaky. I'd much rather a more straightforward small monthly fee or buying maps...
    +1

Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

All the instances I played were 3 energy to enter, so at three minutes, that is a total of 25 minutes. I don't count the silly stuff cause those should be cleared in a couple of days, only the stuff we would you know, actually ~want~ to play.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Yeah, so I was trying the game while at work and only played through a little bit of the tutorial... I see what you are saying now, and I also understand why they have energy. You can spam your energy into non-game play tasks. This game is vastly different than PL and SL it seems so far. It still has somewhat similar elements to PL and SL, but it definitely feels more "facebooky". The crazy thing is you can actually BUY experience points. I'm going to test drive the game a bit more before I make my final decision of whether or not to actually invest in this game, or just wait for STS to FINALLY come out with the next level cap for PL. Thus far though, I am finding I am leaning towards staying away from DL.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post: