Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Achievements

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Achievements

After playing Dark Legends, what do you think about the Achievement System? What do you like about it? What suggestions do you have to improve it?

We ask that you please keep your feedback constructive, as per the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.
    Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think there is no point of it (useless) I mean you don't get any credit for it and people can't see what you've achieved so what's the point of it???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Achievements

STS, have you ever considered open feint or gamecenter? I'm just wondering (I have no clue how the whole achievement process works)
    Hey!
    Check out------->Soloing Guide
    In the works! 2K15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think it is a great system and wish we could get titles in the other games. I was really hoping to see hidden achievements though.

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    I think it is a great system and wish we could get titles in the other games. I was really hoping to see hidden achievements though.
    The Achievement System in Dark Legends will be migrating to our other games in the future!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Achievements are great! I wish you could see other people achievements on their avatars though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I think achievements will be useful in the long term to give people something to strive especially when people reach the level cap. Having the titles as a way of showing off your achievements is also a nice idea. Yet I would advise making titles and names slightly smaller overall as in congested areas like the sanctuary it can cause problems where names are overlapping each other. Also on a slightly different topic the CS can be difficult to access at times due to the small area dedicated to it and the problem of names overlapping the CS NPC. Not major issues as you can work around them but these are just some things I've picked up on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

yeah just add guild and frenz leaderboards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I think it'd be great if you could see other people's achievements, maybe another button when you look at someone's avatar?

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce:617460
    I think it'd be great if you could see other people's achievements, maybe another button when you look at someone's avatar?
    U kinda can by their titles

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

It's cool, since some achievements give you titles. And it makes the game have some goals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Umm im having trouble with the 'dying' achievements...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Someone will have to write a guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:617764
    Someone will have to write a guide.
    Yeh explanation is needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

How about a second page to the toon info screen that allows us to place pur top five proudest achievements. Glad to here it will migrate over.

How difficult are the execitions supposed to be to find? Ive had two pinks drop now and I have beem farming svens mansion constantly. Can you verify the ratio is not off please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Achievements are an amazing addition to the game as a whole, and I am glad that you are implementing achievements for the other Legends games.

Achievements in this game are great, and I like the fact that you get a notification when you get one. It is also good that you can get a list of all the achievements!

There are two things I would add to make the whole "achievements" better. Firstly, how about a "compare" feature, where you can click on someone's profile, and you can compare your achievements with theirs. This will encourage competition.

Secondly, you should add a "difficulty" function, for example : Easy, medium, hard or extreme?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Trouble as in, why are they in the game at all? I've played games where dying is part of the achievement/trophies and it always annoys me to no end. I mean since when is dying a natural progression of the game? Can't I complete the entire campaign without dying at all, and if I can achieve such a feat why is there no reward for that... besides the kill/death ratio leaderboard. How about a True Immortal title achievement that every is granted from the beginning of the game, you die, you lose the game... er I mean achievement.

I wouldn't mind some of the choices if there wasn't a platinum trophy (a PS3 term where when all other trophies must be unlocked before the final trophy is awarded) associated with each category. These achievement coincidentally happen to all grant a title one can display for everyone to see including: Ruler of the Damned, Sentinel of Hades, Usurper, Blood Wraith, Overlord, Death Incarnate and Crimson Devil. Also, the fact that there are achievements that can only be unlocked via plat such as Dead Sexy, Load Leech, plus every wardrobe achievement that requires plat only gear to be purchased is a minor annoyance. I know there are plenty of achievement ***** out there, so this addition is playing right into that fascination but since it is coupled with an already bolstered plat necessary economy, I'm a bit sad at the implementation at this point.

I have always loved STS games due to the fact that plat was never a necessary component to the game; while that still holds true, being barred from achievement due to the fact that you're not willing to dump 130 plat on a single outfit that doesn't even grant a stat increase is a bit mind blowing given the previous stance of plat being for optional enjoyment.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 04-13-2012 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Dang it i just died -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

But what is the AP feature in order to be granted these titles? What does AP do? What does it stand for?

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    But what is the AP feature in order to be granted these titles? What does AP do? What does it stand for?
    Achievement Points