Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Energy is not the issue.

Junior Member i want to join aoa's Avatar
    in a very dark cave were sun light will never reach me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my pvp in dl is 410 kills 350 deaths

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i want to join aoa View Post
    my pvp in dl is 410 kills 350 deaths
    How does that fit into this conversation?

Kaytar, that is a good work around. . But why should we have to do that. What benefit is there to restricting the amount of time u can play? I've been asking but haven't received any answers. I guess no one really knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    I'm going to reiterate what Fluff is saying that people just aren't strategizing properly.

You can't just do steps 1-20 and expect an optimal result. Sometimes you have to go back and do steps 1 and 2, or 5 and 6.

You need to be familiar with what the possible rewards are for each mission.

If you are about to take the rewards of a mission that will level you up and you haven't used up your energy, you're doing it wrong.

If you are about to take the rewards of a mission that might give you a 15-minute buff and you have 2 energy left, you're doing it wrong.

One of the beauties of DL is that you can be L15 and that first campaign is still useful to you. This is one of the things that people complained about in PL where people get bored after finishing the content. Now that you can replay content in DL and still reap the benefits, people aren't even taking advantage of it!
    If anything i would say that there is too little xp between levels and that even by not optimizing xp gains one finds that very few hours of actual game play gets you to level20 without having the last couple maps even unlocked. Imo xp curve needs to be raised and then optimizing xp gain will become truly attractive...

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    If anything i would say that there is too little xp between levels and that even by not optimizing xp gains one finds that very few hours of actual game play gets you to level20 without having the last couple maps even unlocked. Imo xp curve needs to be raised and then optimizing xp gain will become truly attractive...
    Optimizing is to be able to flip at least once when you actually sit down to play, giving you 50 energy of running . Perfect for peep like me who have limited access during the day but more time in the evening.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Ro-bear, the pvp comment was meant to say there are things to do in game when out of energy. Oh, and it is really awesome.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So, this thread was not about energy, hence the title, nor pvp or maximizing xp gain. It is about the several missions that take 3-24 hours to complee. Now I get that ghost chili gives a better reward than say strawberries, but in this game, a 15 min buff can be gained by waiting 10min to an hour. So if, sts, you are unwilling to adust wait times, how about the reward. Or maybe at least the flavor text to justify the long wait?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I understand there are things u can do to pass the time (like spend 50 plats for an extra character) lol. My point is why should we have to do things like that to play. Why not be able to play as much as we want? What is the benefit of having an energy mechanism? I can clearly see the disadvantages but can't see any advantages at all.
    A player CAN play as much as he or she wants -- that's called MONEY.

Or the player can be smart and figure out a game strategy and maybe have missions counting down when they eat, sleep, work or interact with their pet rat (for those 2 or 3 players that are not in the game world 24/7) or use multiple accounts to play for free without all the energy restrictions (all the players who live in game and do not eat or sleep can do this part).

Star light, star bright...