Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Energy Mechanic (increased drop rates coming)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Energy Mechanic (increased drop rates coming)

Lol!

I was thinkin they would pop through town at random times, scream then try to get away. I can see a lady talkin on a cell phone wandering down the street now, realize theres vamps staring at her, shriek and run. Kinda like Energy take out meals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Played five 3D missions, got a total of +4 energy. Not really enough to make any sort of a different.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Increasing the energy pool as you level is a cool idea, as is some type of (unfortunate) wandering humans in the street where you can refill health.

We're definitely listening to you guys, please keep up the constructive feedback!

- g
    For the click missions, the experience should be:
    Experience = Energy * (Time Factor + Level Factor)

So far, the level factor seems to be increasing at a good rate, but the time factor seems way to low. There should be a much higher bonus for the ~long~ missions. I have not gotten to the super long missions, so perhaps those have a much higher Time Factor.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just played another five 3D missions, got a total of +1 energy. So far can't even noticed the drop rate has been increased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Just got 5 energy in a single mission, although I may have been lucky. Even then, that would get me through one more cutscene in my current campaign. So, it helps, but not much. I'd much rather see tweaks to the system to lower the cost, per mission, and provide a mechanic for quicker regeneration.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Ive just done 5 random map runs, no energy dropped. :"(
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

After playing for a couple days, I enjoy the game even more. This game is clearly designed for adults with busy lives, who do not have time to stare at a mobile device 24/7. Just the fact that you can queue up missions that will be completed by the next time you log in is great.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

So I had a few free minutes today and I figured I would log in and spend some energy. I put most of it into long term investments but with my last 4 energy I figured I would quickly run a dungeon. The problem is that I kept getting energy drops, so I ended up having to run the mission five times, and that made me late for my meeting.
    Please fix this.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

lol @ Fluff^^^

For the average user who logs on for an hour or two of play, I don't think energy is an issue. The people who are on for several hours to grind and do nothing else, however, are having their pace slowed down. Because it has become standard in the other two STS games to grind and do nothing else till cap, then farm, people are having their expectations unfulfilled. But maybe it's not a bad thing. Maybe people should slow down and let the regular players catch up.

And if this pace of the game is too slow for people, they can just play another game. People don't appreciate the scenery when they speed through it. What's the point of having a milieu if only to rush through the story? That's like reading the last page of a book and then telling everyone you already know how it ends so you didn't have to read it.

In those other games STS made money selling elixirs for the grinders and making the xp high enough to inspire their purchase. Even that didn't slow them down. Level cap in a day, where is the new content, etc. In this one STS makes money selling costumes and other bonuses.

I got three energy drops last night, and one was a green. It glowed slightly greenish and green letters appeared saying it was worth 3 energy. Well, the dungeon cost three energy to enter, so how cool was that!? The other two were 1 point each. I wonder if there are energy pinks.

Faster energy drops will make it so the players who want to grind for hours will be able to go further, but I'd hate to see the drops defeat the whole purpose of the energy system.

p.s. the milieu is not my style, but I'm having fun anyway because it's so different and I like to learn new things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

People are saying they are getting "too much" energy from drops. I have done 15 full runs now (yes, 45 energy) with NO drops..
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I got like over 20 a few times running dungeons, so I kept like playing over an hour.
    But today the drop rate is back to normal, like 1-4 at max ;(((((

The energy system is not what I expected to have in sts new game but I'm pretty sure we find a tactical solution very soon xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

My second time running a dungeon today, I received a 3-energy bonus. Much appreciated! Have been getting a very balanced amount of energy drops and have gotten to play the dungeons more! Thanks for the update and job well done!
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck:618493
    People are saying they are getting "too much" energy from drops. I have done 15 full runs now (yes, 45 energy) with NO drops..
    I seem to get more energy from story missions, than dungeon runs.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love energy mechanics, please keep it! Its a good strategy to play on a go. Id hate to be forced in an endless grinding once more. This game is my dream come true

16. The Following User Says Thank You to imtakingover For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well, sooner or later we run out of energy, so you guys thought it would be good to use the time to socialize in the bar.
    As a proposal... Why don't you guys let us buy 'energy drinks' for gold and plat like we could buy elixier in PL.
    Maybe 1000gold or 1 plat for 3 energy xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I love this game. I like the energy idea, it made ur this legends game totally different from others. When I first saw this game early march. I was thinking 'another legend game....hmm is it goin to be the same gameplay as PL & SL but with different type of fantasy?'. Before the release, every1 was so eager to play DL. Everyday u got ppl spamming WHEN WHEN WHEN. Now it's release, where is every1?

I love the energy idea, pls don't change it. It made this game different to any other rpg game...but...yes that's right..BUT. Both PL & SL u can grind and grind without penalty, in DL it got remove. I thought "rpg" means lvling to a cap lvl, farming and role playing (a storyline). U can't grind on DL without penalty. It cost 3 energy to play a mission game that only last for 2-3mins and to get 3 energy back u have to wait 15mins. The funny thing is u get 20xp per mission and if u repeat the same mission, it cost same 3 energy but only get 10xp. It's great that they increase the drop rate of energy in missions but u still can't grind. If they reduce the energy cost to 2 after u did the mission 1st time. I think it's very close to grinding, it won't be endless but at least u get a few rounds of it and a chance to pick up more energy while grinding. If unlucky, then we get the choice of buying energy with plats.

Look I love this game. If they fix the energy problem and reduce the cost if plats prices on items then u get more ppl playing and in the long run spacetime will earn the More money then they were before when items were expensive. Atm it's too pricey for me.

Sorry about the super long post. It just disappointing to c awesome game like this goin downhill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have started to notice the increased drop rate, I seem to get a least one drop out of three missions. And what I've noticed is that if you have full energy, and only spend it on 3D missions, you can generally do it long enough to satisfy your hunger for DL. But the problem comes when you have to spend your energy on non-combat missions. Then you have to spend your 125min worth of energy on ~5 clicks that takes about 30sec. It doesn't quite satisfy you like a nice 1-1.5 hour of 3D missions, in fact, it just leaves you wanting more, or at least something. To have to spend that much energy on something where you don't even get to play leaves you with an empty feeling inside.

What I suggest is to lower the cost of non-combat missions, and also lower the rewards by an equal amount. If it costed 8 energy, and rewarded 30 exp; then make it cost 4 energy, and reward 15 exp. The other rewards can be changed too. Make +2 energy a rare reward, +1 energy an uncommon reward, and remove +3 energy from the available rewards (I'm not going to talk about the other rewards, since none of them come close to the usefulness of +energy).

I feel like a change like this wouldn't have much of an impact on the game, and it would make it so that the players can actually play the game.

Just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only reason why they put the Energy and the Timer in the game is to slow progression because of the lack of content. The further you progress in the game, the longer the cooldown, thus, encouraging players to play completed missions, and preventing those who are close to completing all of the levels from finishing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ive been grinding everyday alot now with this new 5x energy drop rate increase. Thank you very much Justg and team for putting this into the game. Now its farmable, but of cos its not endless, it does goes down but at least u get around 10 rounds of farming from it. Thanks again. Keep up the good work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaijinSama View Post
    Ive been grinding everyday alot now with this new 5x energy drop rate increase. Thank you very much Justg and team for putting this into the game. Now its farmable, but of cos its not endless, it does goes down but at least u get around 10 rounds of farming from it. Thanks again. Keep up the good work
    Definitely true. Yesterday I started grinding with 5 energy, and ended up playing for a good 45-60min before my energy ran out. Today I got 9 energy just from one mission.