Quote Originally Posted by Websterfatu View Post
Thanks...I wasn't trying to replace what you're doing, though! I think that what I've got is the hard numbers for what you can reasonably expect...yours lays out a good strategy to actually make the most out of it.

For example, by my chart, you can make 168 xp/hour in Observe from Above (or 182 xp/hour on average counting bonuses) but who the heck would want to sit there and push the button every 10 minutes all day long? Your strategy is great for just checking in and is a lot of what I'm actually doing.

Either way, I'll update mine until I reach the end of the campaigns in a week or two depending on how long it takes to get through the 1 day missions remaining. Once I do that maybe I'll make one for gold farming, or add that to this one (more likely)
You would only play observe every ten minutes for the first 50 minutes...it'd be every 25 minutes after that. The refresh rate of that mission is 25 minutes.

It seems like you don't see past the first hour. The initial xp gain is a small about of the overall, is more determined by the refresh rate of the meter and not necessarily the amount of energy in it.

The first hour will produce the fastest burst of xp, but you can only see that occurance every 125 minutes, and only if you let your energy meter sit idle. It in no way paints an accurate picture of a consistent rate of return.

It is like saying a sprinter will travel further by sprinting 400 meter every other hour than a marathon runner doing a long stride without taking a break. Yeah, in the first 400 meters the sprinter will cover more ground, but over a longer period it won't be close. Never-the-less, it seems that you can only see that first sprint...and not the entire race.