Thread: Best experience for the energy spent.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Websterfatu View Post
    Thanks...I wasn't trying to replace what you're doing, though! I think that what I've got is the hard numbers for what you can reasonably expect...yours lays out a good strategy to actually make the most out of it.

For example, by my chart, you can make 168 xp/hour in Observe from Above (or 182 xp/hour on average counting bonuses) but who the heck would want to sit there and push the button every 10 minutes all day long? Your strategy is great for just checking in and is a lot of what I'm actually doing.

Either way, I'll update mine until I reach the end of the campaigns in a week or two depending on how long it takes to get through the 1 day missions remaining. Once I do that maybe I'll make one for gold farming, or add that to this one (more likely)
    You would only play observe every ten minutes for the first 50 minutes...it'd be every 25 minutes after that. The refresh rate of that mission is 25 minutes.

It seems like you don't see past the first hour. The initial xp gain is a small about of the overall, is more determined by the refresh rate of the meter and not necessarily the amount of energy in it.

The first hour will produce the fastest burst of xp, but you can only see that occurance every 125 minutes, and only if you let your energy meter sit idle. It in no way paints an accurate picture of a consistent rate of return.

It is like saying a sprinter will travel further by sprinting 400 meter every other hour than a marathon runner doing a long stride without taking a break. Yeah, in the first 400 meters the sprinter will cover more ground, but over a longer period it won't be close. Never-the-less, it seems that you can only see that first sprint...and not the entire race.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    You would only play observe every ten minutes for the first 50 minutes...it'd be every 25 minutes after that. The refresh rate of that mission is 25 minutes.

It seems like you don't see past the first hour.
    This was pointed out in another thread as well (though not in mine for some reason) but it doesn't matter as I've updated the spreadsheet to take into account how much you could get with an active hour of play starting both with a full energy bar or an empty one. When I put it in place, it was meant to represent the most you could expect in one hour of active play, not what you could expect by not sleeping and playing that one mission 24 hours. It's just there as an option for people to determine their own strategy for how they want to gain experience. So, now people can see both numbers.