Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best experience for the energy spent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Default Best experience for the energy spent.

The following guide will be utilizing a system of timing longer to shorter cut-scene missions for optimal XP gain. Whenever you see me refer to "Baking" or "Cooking", it is in reference to sitting on a cut-scene mission with a long timer (IE: Letting that 9 hour mission "Bake").

First I am going to group all of the decent "XP gain vs energy spent" missions into different categories. These will be, Long-bake (9 hour to 1 day timers), Mid-Bake (1 to 3 hour timers), and Short-Bake (less than an hour). For those of you who are used to this system, or have already read through this guide, it will serve as a reference of all of the good missions for you to make your own rotations. For the purposes of this guide, I will be references missions from the point of the game I am currently in. If you have not reached this point of the game yet, just apply the same principles to the campaigns you have unlocked.

Next, we will devise a few "Rotations" of missions. We will always start with the long-bake rotations, move on to the mid-bake, and then finish with short-bakes. This is to ensure that we are gaining maximum XP.

-----------------------------

***LONG BAKES***

Stalk the Werewolves - 4 energy - 30 exp - 1 day timer (Downtown Suburbs)

Find the Traitor CPD - 4 energy - 30 exp - 9 hour timer (Downtown Suburbs)

Track the Horde - 5 energy - 35 exp - 1 day timer (Market Subway)

Breach Magic Barrier - 5 energy - 30 exp - 12 hour timer (Market Subway)

Search McCandless' Remains - 4 energy - 35 exp - 1 day timer (The Outskirts)

Breach Cult Checkpoint - 5 energy - 30 exp - 9 hour timer (The Outskirts)

***MID-BAKES***

Track the Magic Source - 6 energy - 30 exp - 3 hour timer (Market Subway)

Reach the Horde - 6 energy - 30 exp - 2.5 hour timer (Market Subway)

Research Marcella Dupree - 5 energy - 30 exp - 2.5 hour timer (Outskirts)

Crack the Mansion Safe - 4 energy - 28 exp - 3 hour timer (Dark Hallow)

Breach Hunter Hideout - 4 energy - 28 exp - 3 hour timer (Dark Hallow)

Search for Arkuz - 5 energy - 26 exp - 1.5 hour timer (Dark Hallow)

***SHORT-BAKES***

Observe From Above - 5 energy - 28 exp - 10 minute timer (Downtown Suburbs)

Scout Cultist Tunnels - 7 energy - 26 exp - 10minute timer (Outskirts)

Scout Cultist Building - 7 energy - 23 exp - 5minute timer (Outskirts)

Search Fox's Corpse - 5 energy - 20 exp - 9minute timer (Dark Hallow)

Chase Down Hunter - 5 energy - 20 exp - 8 minute timer (Dark Hallow)

-----------------------------

So, in our struggle to acclimate to the new energy mechanic, me and Aculeas have started trying build the best way to manage my energy and time. Most of my playtime is while I am at work, so the energy system is actually beneficial in that way. But this breakdown is to get the most xp for my energy in rotations.

To start with, we know that playable missions give 10 experience for 3 energy. That's a constant across all campaigns. (minus the first play through). Where the inconsistency lies is in the cut-scene missions. In the first two campaigns they do not get that much XP, usually in the 3-9 range. However, in the next two campaigns we begin to see exp in the 20-30 XP range. Now as long as we find the missions with an energy cost that makes that XP gain better than missions... we're in business! The only problem with this plan, is regarding the new changes to energy drops in playable missions. These drops will probably make constant playable missions the most efficient way to level, but let us assume that one cannot actively play (at work, etc).

Below I am going to detail my personal rotations throughout the day.

---------------------

Here are the dreaded long-bake missions. Most people HATE these missions because they take so long. I have learned to love them. These allow me to get more and more missions baking in my "Queue". So that means more XP over the long run!

Long-Bake Rotation

Stalk the Werewolves - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 1 day timer. (Downtown Suburbs)

Find the Traitor CPD - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 9 hour timer. (Downtown Suburbs)

Track the Horde - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 35 exp. It has a 1 day timer. (Market Subway)

Breach Magic Barrier - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 12 hour timer. (Market Subway)

Search McCandless' Remains - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 35 exp. It has a 1 day timer. (The Outskirts)

Energy Spent: 22
    Time required: 24 hours
    XP Gain: 160

So, from this rotation alone, we are getting 160 XP over the course of 1 day. Once these missions are baking, we are guaranteed that 160 experience at the end of 24 hours on top of any other XP we have gained. The more missions we can have baking throughout the day, the better. This increases our overall experience per day.

---------------------

This next rotation is for those of us who have to leave for a few hours and will be unable to log into game in that time. It is for maximum offline experience gain in the 25 energy allotment. I am actually starting this rotation with one of the "Long-Bake" missions because it is still available. We never want to skip a long-bake because they increase our overall experience gain in the long run.

Mid-Bake Rotation

Track the Magic Source - This mission costs 6 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 3 hour timer. (Market Subway)

Reach the Horde - This mission costs 6 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 2.5 hour timer. (Market Subway)

Breach Cult Checkpoint - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 9 hour timer (The Outskirts)

Crack the Mansion Safe - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 28 exp. It has a 3 hour timer. (Dark Hallow)

Breach Hunter Hideout - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 28 exp. It has a 3 hour timer. (Dark Hallow)

Energy Spent: 25
    Time required: 3 hours
    XP Gain: 146

So, as you can see with this rotation, it grants you a huge 146 experience, but needs 3 hours to come to fruition. These type of missions are optimal if are not going to be able to log in to the game for a bit.

---------------------

When it comes to short-bake rotations, I suggest picking out the "Best XP for lowest XP" mission you have access to (Which is under 10 minutes), and spamming it as often as you can. This is not always optimal for some people, who don't have time to play. If this is the case, you can pretty much use up your 25 energy on any combination of the Short-Bake's I listed up top.

Short-Bake Rotation

Observe From Above - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 28 exp. It has a 10 minute timer. (Downtown Suburbs)

Energy Spent: 5
    Time required: 10 minutes
    XP Gain: 28

Every 10 minutes, I do this mission. It costs 5 energy per, and I replenish 2 energy every 10 minutes. This equates to me being able to do this mission 7 times over the course of 70 minutes for a reward of 196 XP.

---------------------

Now let's break down my 24 hour period of XP gain.

There are three 24 hour quests I can do per 24 hours = 100 XP
    There is one 12 hour quest I can do twice per 24 hours = 60 XP
    There are two 9 hour quests I can do twice per 24 hours = 120 XP
    There are three 3 hour quests that I can do eight times per 24 hours = 688 XP
    There are two 2.5 hour quests that I can do eight times per 24 hours = 480 XP
    There is one 1.5 hour quest that I can do sixteen times per 24 hours = 416 XP
    There is one 10 minute quest that I can do 35 times per 6 hours = 980 XP
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total XP gained over 24 hours = 2,844 XP

Obviously we cannot do the last 10 minute quest every 10 minutes for 24 hours. We have to sleep sometime! And also, we have to account for the time it takes for refreshing the mid-bake rotations throughout the day. So I calculated (over the course of 24 hours) doing the 10 minute quest 35 times. This takes about 6 hours.

** NOTE: The above numbers reflect someone with absolutely no life who dedicates every waking moment to DL and does nothing else in attempt to level as fast as possible. Your gains will probably be much lower. **

---------------------

I understand that this is subject to my level (17), but I will continually update my rotations for future campaigns. Hope that someone found this useful.

EDIT: Screenshots of mission locations
    EDITEDIT: Thanks to Aculeas for discussing this with me and inspiring me to post.

Name:  DarkHallowRotation.jpg
Views: 3035
Size:  324.2 KB

Name:  TheOutskirtsRotation.jpg
Views: 2940
Size:  134.9 KB

more pics coming soon
    Last edited by morfic; 04-16-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Probably better to stick with the highest ratio ones on the low timer side per map rather than doing everything all at once unless you level right away. Great guide nonetheless!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

proof that "regulation breeds innovation"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Morfy, I love you.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

<3

added pictures.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yes, I have been re-doing many of the long wait maps, since I log out to wait for energy. Ofcourse this is normally when waiting on some other timer to expire anyway. I mean why not do the 3 hour ones 3 time while waiting for my 9 hour timer to cool down. This is what I have been trying of late when I can't progress waiting for another timer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Got any fast routes to 21 o_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Oh gee I wonder who's idea this was?

>.>

<.<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aculeas:617682
    Oh gee I wonder who's idea this was?

>.>

<.<
    Was it mine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Tip: Do not collect quests that might give energy if you have full energy. Meh, logged in and had all my energy back collected some timed quests I was waiting on and got some free energy, to bad I was full.... ooopsie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    proof that "regulation breeds innovation"
    Fight the power!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

I have to wait another 20 days :/ I'll be so behind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

You have an error. Quest: Research Marcella is in The Outskirts not Hallow. And I am loving this list I knew if we tactically used energy we could learn to live with it ^_^ great job

PvP Builds DL Tourney
    "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Another Morfic thread bookmarked. Thanks heaps. You too Aculeas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XchilangopwnX View Post
    You have an error. Quest: Research Marcella is in The Outskirts not Hallow. And I am loving this list I knew if we tactically used energy we could learn to live with it ^_^ great job
    Thank you sir, got mixed up. I also had the other quests in the wrong location. Fixed them all (I think)

Also, I just edited in further rotations for maximum XP gain. I will post them here as well:

---------------------

Now let's take this a step further. We know the experience gain from the best long timer quests, and we know the experience gain from the short timer quests. So there's got to be a good way to mix these up for maximum XP gains. This is probably a nobrainer for people glancing through this post, but I will post it anyway. Here is the optimal rotation of cutscene missions:

Go ahead and blow all of your energy on the long timer quests. Which are the following..

1.) Crack the Mansion Safe - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 28 exp. It has a 3 hour timer. (Dark Hallow)

2.) Breach Hunter Hideout - This mission costs 4 energy and grants 28 exp. It has a 3 hour timer. (Dark Hallow)

3.) Search for Arkuz - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 26 exp. It has a 1.5 hour timer. (Dark Hallow)

4.) Research Marcella Dupree - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 30 exp. It has a 2.5 hour timer (The Outskirts)

*** At this point you have 7 energy left, and all of the good XP awarding quests with a 3 hour timer or less ***

Now we start our fast cutsceen rotations while these 4 are baking. We have two paths we can take:

LAZY PATH: Do the following...

5.) Scout Cultist Tunnels - This mission costs 7 energy and grants 26 exp. It has a 10 minute timer.

[B]***You are now out of energy, and will need to find something to do for a bit while you regen. Energy regens at 1 per 5 minutes. I suggest playing an alt or PvP until regen***

6.) Pick up all completed missions.

7.) Search Fox's Corpse: This mission costs 5 energy and grants 20 experience. It has a 9 minute timer. (Dark Hallow)

8.) Chase Down Hunter - This mission costs 5 energy and grants 20 experience. It has a 9 minute timer. (Dark Hallow)

9.) Scout Cultist Tunnels - This mission costs 7 energy and grants 26 exp. It has a 10 minute timer.

10.) Scout Cultist Building - This mission costs 7 energy and grants 23 exp. It has a 5 minute timer.

***You are now out of energy again, and will need to play alts/pvp/or real life for a while***

Repeat these last 5 steps until the long missions are available for pickup. If you follow this pattern, it is quite easy to level up fairly quickly while at work with limited playtime, or just in the cheapest and laziest way possible. ;p You can do this a little more proactively if you wish, by logging on every 30 minute or so to pull another missions to maximize the constant XP gain, but that goes against my lazy nature.

PROACTIVE PATH (maximum XP gain): Do the following...

You currently have 7 energy left over after baking all of the long timer missions. The next step is simple.

Choose one maximum XP gain for the lowest amount of energy and refresh time possible... and spam it as fast as possible. In my case, I use:

Search Fox's Corpse: This mission costs 5 energy and grants 20 experience. It has a 9 minute timer. (Dark Hallow)

This mission has good XP return and only costs 5 energy. That means from a completely empty XP pool, you can do this mission every 25 minutes!. So if we break this down mathmatically. Our long-bake missions will return 138 XP over the course of 3 hours. In that time, we are gaining 20 experience every 25 minutes. We can fit 7 of these missions into our 3 hour bake. 7 x 20 = 140 XP + the 138 XP from the 3 hour bake = 278 XP every 3 hours from only cutscene missions and by only tapping 2 buttons every 25 minutes. Not too shabby.

---------------------

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Lol @ play RL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

amazing thread! will be referring to it religiously, thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

You are the best...

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank you. For some reason I never thought you can re-do wait missions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Small typo morfy, the "chase down hunter" mission in Dark Hallow is only 8 minutes.

Thanks for this guide, i've gotten far enough through the campaigns to use it, hopefully i'll be 21 in no time

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep