Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best experience for the energy spent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

There is another aspect you may be missing, which is to min max energy/level increase. If you are close to leveling, do the minimum xp missions to get you one xp under what you need to level. Then do the biggest mission you can find. Optimal results would be with a multi hour mission ready to cash in. Remember, you do not get the reward till it is cashed in, enabling you to save up the pricey one til you are ready to level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Morfic, much thanks to you and Aculeas for figuring all this out!

I've been doing cutscenes to get more money, and haven't been focusing on exp too much. I'm still a level 14 so it's been working out pretty well. I can't remember the exact name of the cutscenes right now, but there's 4 in the first area that give you 50 gold each which cost 3 energy each. And there's one in the third area that gives you 100 gold for 6 energy. They take 3-10 minutes each. So for 18 energy, you get 300 gold. And since they're so short, you can usually do a couple more before you're out of energy.

Are there any other money-hungry players who've been trying to figure out ways to get more money? I'd love to hear some.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lylaise View Post

I've been doing cutscenes to get more money, and haven't been focusing on exp too much. I'm still a level 14 so it's been working out pretty well. I can't remember the exact name of the cutscenes right now, but there's 4 in the first area that give you 50 gold each which cost 3 energy each. And there's one in the third area that gives you 100 gold for 6 energy. They take 3-10 minutes each. So for 18 energy, you get 300 gold. And since they're so short, you can usually do a couple more before you're out of energy.

Are there any other money-hungry players who've been trying to figure out ways to get more money? I'd love to hear some.
    If you want to earn money it's much more profitable to play the 3D combat missions (and more fun imo). Each one only costs 3 energy and if you solo you will get somewhere around 300-600 gold per run. Plus there is a chance to get pinks that will sell for high prices in the auction. I ran all the maps in the first 5 campaigns today while keeping track of how much gold I got in each. Kain's Krest: Ghouls and Goblins, Dark Hallow: The Fox Den, and Market Subway: No way out are all good places to farm. Be sure to run solo and break all of the destructibles to maximize your profit. You can also look at prices in the auction and see which drops are the most valuable. Then check out the loot tables for each dungeon to find where these items drop and farm for pinks.

Thanks for the awesome guide Morfic.
    SL: Staryknight 41 * Stary 41 * Starynite 40
    DL: Stary 26
    PL: Ardinia 70 * Ardinie 30 * Ardinio 20

*******Heaven N Hells Assassins*******

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Edited the guide to reflect current campaigns. I will continually update it as we go along. I am also currently working on accurate calculations and a schedule for people to follow throughout the day for optimal XP gains and minimal playtime. My OP is reflective of someone who barely sleeps and does nothing other than DL nonstop.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The best experience comes from constantly grinding. Yeah, 4 energy for 30 xp over 9hr equals about 3.33 exp an hour. If you spent all your energy on a all the long bakes that will equal 180xp.

If you were to drain your energy at once (at 3 energy for 10 xp) you'd get 70xp off the initial grind. Then, considering it takes 5 minutes to regen 1 energy point. You'd could run 4 instances an hour which would equal 40 points per hour. Over a 9 hour period that would be 360xp. Keep in mind this isn't including xp bonus when grind, which you get a fare amount of. The total altogether would be about 430 xp in the instance you didn't get once energy bonus drop.

Of course the best solution would be to slow bake your energy and grind off regen, would equal 610 xp.

In any case, just always make sure your energy bar isn't coasting at 25/25. It takes 2 hours for the bar to go from zero to full. Thus, you wanna make sure you're dumping those points into what ever, every two hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    The best experience comes from constantly grinding. Yeah, 4 energy for 30 xp over 9hr equals about 3.33 exp an hour. If you spent all your energy on a all the long bakes that will equal 180xp.

If you were to drain your energy at once (at 3 energy for 10 xp) you'd get 70xp off the initial grind. Then, considering it takes 5 minutes to regen 1 energy point. You'd could run 4 instances an hour which would equal 40 points per hour. Over a 9 hour period that would be 360xp. Keep in mind this isn't including xp bonus when grind, which you get a fare amount of. The total altogether would be about 430 xp in the instance you didn't get once energy bonus drop.

Of course the best solution would be to slow bake your energy and grind off regen, would equal 610 xp.

In any case, just always make sure your energy bar isn't coasting at 25/25. It takes 2 hours for the bar to go from zero to full. Thus, you wanna make sure you're dumping those points into what ever, every two hours.
    This is false.

The idea is to stack the 1 day missions, 9 hour missions, 3 hour missions, and 10 minute missions in a constant rotation throughout the day.

- Take all 1 day missions 8:00am
    - Take all 9 hour missions 10:00am (22 hours left of 1 day missions)
    - Take all 3 hour missions 12:00pm (20 hours left on 1 day missions) (7 hours left on 9 hour missions)
    - Take all 10 minute missions 2:00pm (18 hours left on 1 day missions) (5 hours left on 9 hour missions) (1 hour left on 3 hour missions)
    - Take all 3 hour missions 4:00pm (16 hours left on 1 day missions) (3 hours left on 9 hour missions)
    - Take all 10 minute missions 6:00pm (14 hours left on 1 day missions) (1 hours left on 9 hour missions) (1 hour left on 3 hour missions)
    - Take all 9 hour missions 8:00pm (12 hours left on 1 day missions)
    - Take all 3 hour missions 10:00pm (10 hours left on 1 day missions) (7 hours left on 9 hour missions)
    - Take all 10 minute missions 12:00pm (8 hours left on 1 day missions) (5 hours left on 9 hour missions) (1 hour left on 3 hour missions)

In the above scenario, we completed 1 day of grinding cutscene missions (With minimal playtime). In that period of time, we picked up a full rotation of 9 hour missions, 2 rotations of 3 hour missions, and 3 rotations of 10 minute missions. Then on top of that, when we wake up we will have a rotation of 1 day missions, 9 hour missions, and 3 hour missions ready to pick up.

So in that 1 day period, based on the XP gains I noted in my OP, we would have gained: 1015 experience with 225 energy spent.

-----------------

If you just grinded playable missions for the same amount of time, considering that we could fit 8 missions into the first 25 energy (80 xp), and then 4 missions per hour..

- First 8 playables = 80 xp, 24 energy (8:00am)
    - 64 missions = 640 xp, 192 energy (12:00pm)

So by constantly grinding playable missions for the same allotment of time, you have gained: 720 experience with 216 energy spent.

Of course this is not including your energy drops from playable missions, but it is not taking into account the energy bonuses from picking up cutscene missions either. It is also calculated that we are only picking up cutscene missions every two hours (a huge waste), instead of picking up a new mission everytime I have enough energy. (This is sort of intentional, because it is supposed to be a lazy man/minimal playing thing).

But even with the discrepancies, cutscene missions gives the best experience for the energy spent... which is the point of this thread.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    There is another aspect you may be missing, which is to min max energy/level increase. If you are close to leveling, do the minimum xp missions to get you one xp under what you need to level. Then do the biggest mission you can find. Optimal results would be with a multi hour mission ready to cash in. Remember, you do not get the reward till it is cashed in, enabling you to save up the pricey one til you are ready to level.
    Best bet is an action board to level because leveling with a mission a lot of times gives you energy you lose because of the flip.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'd just like to mention that later on in the Red Light District, you can get a whopping 43 exp for 8 energy in 'Visit New Fang Club', very efficient when you're reaching level 17+ and it's taking 1k exp. to level up.

Also, never let yourself level up with any energy left, sink it into short-bakes and collect after levelling (preferably with some energy used, so any bonus energy from the completions isn't wasted).

Don't mean to crash your thread, just thought i'd offer a few tips
    Apocryphian- Lvl 21

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Wow! This is a great thread! You spent some time on it
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina
    Wow! This is a great thread! You spent some time on it
    Dam right he did!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zel View Post
    Also, never let yourself level up with any energy left, sink it into short-bakes and collect after levelling (preferably with some energy used, so any bonus energy from the completions isn't wasted).
    The fact that leveling refreshes your energy to full is an important point worth adding to the early part of this guide. I had to learn it the hard way and I'm sure most did as well. This has already been said, but if you are about to level get as close as you can without actually leveling, then spend all your remaining energy on the best XP/energy bakes you have available. When you have no energy left, collect the finished level that puts you over the top and bam, back to full energy. Then, spend your new energy before collecting other finished bakes in case you get an energy bonus from one of them. I learned this the hard way too (notice a theme?)

Overall, great guide!

----------------------------------------

Edit: I remembered the other thing I wanted to add...

I haven't had a chance to work through the math but i believe the optimal order to do different length bakes vs immediate gratification levels is going to vary by individual by day, and possibly even throughout the day, because on any given day one may only be able to log in at certain intervals. For me, these intervals change based on when I have work meetings, breaks, etc so Monday may be a busy day and Tuesday not so much. Each person would need to analyze this based on their own schedule. I doubt I'll have time to work up a model any time soon but here is a basic example:

Day 1
    1. Log in first thing in the morning and set long bakes, then get ready and go to work while energy regens.
    2. Right before walking into work, set medium bakes.
    3. Lunch break, set short bakes.
    4. End of work day, reset medium bakes then commute home.
    5. When home, reset short bakes.

Day 2
    1. Log in first thing in the morning and set long bakes, then get ready and go to work while energy regens.
    2. Right before walking into work, set short bakes because I know I can take an early break. This is bonus XP relative to day 1.
    3. Morning coffee break, set medium bakes.
    4. Lunch break, set short bakes again and follow rest of day 1 pattern.

In other words the ratio of XP/energy matters but the rate of XP over time will be affected by how often one can log in relative to energy regen, and the optimal pattern can change based on what is already baking and when one can next log in. Comments?
    Last edited by Teddyache; 04-18-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

morf so your lvling up without actually going into a dungeon and killing ppl? what if you do what you said and play a dungeon or isnt it possible?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

i have not got to play dl yet stupid ios and my chrome does not work but knowing morfic i bet this is a great guide

17. The Following User Says Thank You to akfury For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

@teddyache and Zel: Great posts. Thanks for contributing!
    @Akfury: <33

@Gell: Yes, I do a majority of my leveling outside of the 3d missions. The ONLY time I have stepped foot in one, is to unlock the next area. Keep in mind though, this guide is just talking about the best xp for the energy spent. It's not recommending that no one does 3d missions. Some people do missions based on return of gold. Some farm 3d missions for pinks etc. There are many many different playstyles and not one guide could accommodate them all.

However, using this guide, one could level up to 21 without barely playing the game at all. I am level 20 right now, and I guarantee if we had a way to check how long a character has been logged into the game... I would probably be the lowest, or one of the lowest. ;p

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks for the tips, Staryknight!

I kind-of want to make a new character and follow this guide as much as possible, just to see what would happen. I'm level 20 already on Lyla. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic
    @teddyache and Zel: Great posts. Thanks for contributing!
    @Akfury: <33

@Gell: Yes, I do a majority of my leveling outside of the 3d missions. The ONLY time I have stepped foot in one, is to unlock the next area. Keep in mind though, this guide is just talking about the best xp for the energy spent. It's not recommending that no one does 3d missions. Some people do missions based on return of gold. Some farm 3d missions for pinks etc. There are many many different playstyles and not one guide could accommodate them all.

However, using this guide, one could level up to 21 without barely playing the game at all. I am level 20 right now, and I guarantee if we had a way to check how long a character has been logged into the game... I would probably be the lowest, or one of the lowest. ;p
    morf then what would you think is the best time to bake and play 3d?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks for the guide, it helped me get to level 18. Then I decided it didn't make the info as accessible as I'd like so I made a similar guide but one that gives all the info for every cutscene mission (up to where I am in the campaigns, of course).

Check it out here and let me know what you think:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...935#post629935

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Websterfatu View Post
    Thanks for the guide, it helped me get to level 18. Then I decided it didn't make the info as accessible as I'd like so I made a similar guide but one that gives all the info for every cutscene mission (up to where I am in the campaigns, of course).

Check it out here and let me know what you think:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...935#post629935
    Love it man. I was discussing it earlier, saying that It would probably be more beneficial for me not to update this one anymore, and let you take over with your fancy charts.

Good job.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    Love it man. I was discussing it earlier, saying that It would probably be more beneficial for me not to update this one anymore, and let you take over with your fancy charts.

Good job.
    Thanks...I wasn't trying to replace what you're doing, though! I think that what I've got is the hard numbers for what you can reasonably expect...yours lays out a good strategy to actually make the most out of it.

For example, by my chart, you can make 168 xp/hour in Observe from Above (or 182 xp/hour on average counting bonuses) but who the heck would want to sit there and push the button every 10 minutes all day long? Your strategy is great for just checking in and is a lot of what I'm actually doing.

Either way, I'll update mine until I reach the end of the campaigns in a week or two depending on how long it takes to get through the 1 day missions remaining. Once I do that maybe I'll make one for gold farming, or add that to this one (more likely)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Websterfatu View Post
    Thanks...I wasn't trying to replace what you're doing, though! I think that what I've got is the hard numbers for what you can reasonably expect...yours lays out a good strategy to actually make the most out of it.

For example, by my chart, you can make 168 xp/hour in Observe from Above (or 182 xp/hour on average counting bonuses) but who the heck would want to sit there and push the button every 10 minutes all day long? Your strategy is great for just checking in and is a lot of what I'm actually doing.

Either way, I'll update mine until I reach the end of the campaigns in a week or two depending on how long it takes to get through the 1 day missions remaining. Once I do that maybe I'll make one for gold farming, or add that to this one (more likely)
    You would only play observe every ten minutes for the first 50 minutes...it'd be every 25 minutes after that. The refresh rate of that mission is 25 minutes.

It seems like you don't see past the first hour. The initial xp gain is a small about of the overall, is more determined by the refresh rate of the meter and not necessarily the amount of energy in it.

The first hour will produce the fastest burst of xp, but you can only see that occurance every 125 minutes, and only if you let your energy meter sit idle. It in no way paints an accurate picture of a consistent rate of return.

It is like saying a sprinter will travel further by sprinting 400 meter every other hour than a marathon runner doing a long stride without taking a break. Yeah, in the first 400 meters the sprinter will cover more ground, but over a longer period it won't be close. Never-the-less, it seems that you can only see that first sprint...and not the entire race.