Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What weapon is best used on Bosses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

You may be dying less and using less pots, but you're also doing less damage

Just depends if your priority is damage-dealing or pots, which are cheap. Perhaps you are standing a touch too close to her while trying the Longbow.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist:665679

If it isn't Moog! Long time no see! Cheers!
    Cheers you might see some scalawags named Physiologic and Moog around a bit in game. No Yanis sadly, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    You may be dying less and using less pots, but you're also doing less damage

Just depends if your priority is damage-dealing or pots, which are cheap. Perhaps you are standing a touch too close to her while trying the Longbow.
    i thought so at first too, but i AUTO out of range, and the computer takes me into the maximum rnage automatically. It gets me killed and the mages have to spend their time reviving me. I can do a lot more damage with the crossbow staying on my feet than lying dead most of the time with my longbow. Its much better for the party if i can stand there and keep doing damage and not need revs or be out of the action due to premature death! LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    i thought so at first too, but i AUTO out of range, and the computer takes me into the maximum rnage automatically. It gets me killed and the mages have to spend their time reviving me. I can do a lot more damage with the crossbow staying on my feet than lying dead most of the time with my longbow. Its much better for the party if i can stand there and keep doing damage and not need revs or be out of the action due to premature death! LOL
    If you only use auto-attack, you're not doing much in therms of damage, and so not helping your party much either. I play bird there all the time (with long bow), I rarely, if ever, die there and still land all my spells on Emma.

No offense but, personally, I think it's more a lack of knowledge on how to defeat Emma with a bird. Basically, you can just stand against the wall on the right side of the entrance (the short wall). This still allows you to land your shots and root. You only need to move closer for your short range spells. Or, you could even stand close to Emma to land all your spells (that's what I do usually), you'll just need to back up against the wall as soon as you see Emma leaning backward while spreading her arms. That's when she does that nasty attack. During the whole fight you'll need to spam health pots between every few skills.

If you want to see it for yourself, feel free to add IKungFuBird or send me a PM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Weird, because with the long bow at maximum range, i get killed much more, using about 20 health pots to beat emma. With the crossbow in th corner, i can defeat her using only about 4 or 5 pots. Much less damage in my experience, which is why i spent the money for the crafted crossbow
    Then again, I'm always moving in so I can hit with my roots and avian scream

Edit: when I use a longbow, I feel I take less damage while running around than sitting still against a wall.
    Last edited by Windwaiker; 06-04-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    If you only use auto-attack, you're not doing much in therms of damage, and so not helping your party much either. I play bird there all the time (with long bow), I rarely, if ever, die there and still land all my spells on Emma.

No offense but, personally, I think it's more a lack of knowledge on how to defeat Emma with a bird. Basically, you can just stand against the wall on the right side of the entrance (the short wall). This still allows you to land your shots and root. You only need to move closer for your short range spells. Or, you could even stand close to Emma to land all your spells (that's what I do usually), you'll just need to back up against the wall as soon as you see Emma leaning backward while spreading her arms. That's when she does that nasty attack. During the whole fight you'll need to spam health pots between every few skills.

If you want to see it for yourself, feel free to add IKungFuBird or send me a PM

cool, thanks for the tip. I will add (EdtheEagle)

and ill try moving more too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thanks guys! longbow... need to try to use...
    Elixirgod - Proud Master of Alterra Gods! Elixirmini - Level 10 bird twink.