Thread: Why do people add some items if it's a pure gold trade?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Why do people add some items if it's a pure gold trade?

Is it against tos to give gold to someone or is it just a rumour?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

in my opinion, it's a rumour as I have paid pure gold to friends who I was in debt with, and nothing has happened. I also give gold to players asking in town (sometimes) and I'm still waddling around Arlor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    165 Posts

Just think how silly that sounds. This rumor is along the lines of "Gold Loot AA's actually reduce gold drops" thing that was hot for a while.

You can give gold to people.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Some people are superstitious of the tos and believe not adding an item will make them look like their selling gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaeden. View Post
    Some people are superstitious of the tos and believe not adding an item will make them look like their selling gold

Ill be honest, im one of these people.
    I have a few friends that i know irl and/or ive known since i started playing this game and we frequently give eachother 100m here or 200m there as a loan or just to buy something in the heat of the moment. Ofcourse we dont want to make it seem like were trading gold because how can StS know?
    Its a double edged sword.
    In the end Id rather be safe than sorry, i dont want my friends or i to get banned for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
    Seeing as i have heard rumors of people get banned over it, i cant confirm wether theyre true but id rather not take the chances getting kicked out of a game i passionately enjoy playing.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    I have a few friends that i know irl and/or ive known since i started playing this game and we frequently give eachother 100m here or 200m there as a loan or just to buy something in the heat of the moment. Ofcourse we dont want to make it seem like were trading gold because how can StS know?
    In the end Id rather be safe than sorry, i dont want my friends or i to get banned for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
    Seeing as i have heard rumors of people get banned over it, i cant confirm wether theyre true but id rather not take the chances getting kicked out of a game i passionately enjoy playing.
    Would be nice if we could get a reply from a dev. Apparently a lot of people have doubts about this

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeot View Post
    Would be nice if we could get a reply from a dev. Apparently a lot of people have doubts about this
    Thats true, devs have to confirm about this. I do always give items when i trade my gold even if i do giveaway or sending my golds to my other chars. I am affraid that devs ban me only because i send some amount of golds and i belive it is not harmful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Its all about how that rumor even makes sense.

If trading gold without anything in return brings up suspicions, then common sense is all needed for those who actually sell gold to do the same..

Even more so ridiculous to ban players based on an easily bypassable, and weak system with no direct evidence whatsoever.

I'd even be more scared selling Twisted 10 bosses that don't fit the trade window than some rumor.

I'd call it another placebo effect. Similarly to those who believes Timur sucks gold instead.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 01-13-2021 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

That makes no sense. People who do actually trade gold for cash and break ToS with that action can add an item aswell instead of pure gold. You arent more safe in any way if you add an item. Obviously it cant work that way.
    If you get reported with proof, devs track the trade and if its certain you sold gold they will ban you no matter if there was an item involved or not. The trade alone is not enough to get banned.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I need clarification from devs too. Years ago, I used to play a lot with a friend and we asked for gold constantly. More than one time actually, we got some sort of trade ban, we couldn't trade anymore with anyone but still play the game. It happened even trading 500k. We just sent a ticket and everything back to normal.

Back then the gold was more valuable, so I don't know if they changed the amount required to get banned for trades, or this feature was removed. Anyways, would be cool to know so I don't have to panic anymore lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

now I understand. Right now it also happens to me as an officer I give a gold price to members who have good manners. sometimes I also give gold to players to travelers or windmoore who are asking for good. sometimes there are guildmates my friends who asking to transfer their gold to the other account because they only have one device. I also have two accounts and two devices sometimes I transfer gold to my other account to buy items. im asking its that against tos?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    now I understand. Right now it also happens to me as an officer I give a gold price to members who have good manners. sometimes I also give gold to players to travelers or windmoore who are asking for good. sometimes there are guildmates my friends who asking to transfer their gold to the other account because they only have one device. I also have two accounts and two devices sometimes I transfer gold to my other account to buy items. im asking its that against tos?
    Why do u need transfer their gold? Isnt that what the stash is for?

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxretepxX View Post
    Why do u need transfer their gold? Isnt that what the stash is for?

They have different account they said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

@Cinco @Futumsh

Name:  New.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  91.6 KB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Jaffo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Why would they confirm this? It would help even more the gold sellers

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

My friend was banned for this reason, he quit the game for a long time and came back with nothing, when he came back his other friend gifted him 10m and a few arcane eggs, the same day while he was talking to me he got banned, made another account then we talked a while on the topic and I asked him if he added an item when thst friend was giving him gold or he gave him pure, he said pure. I'm guessing the reason is cuz he wasn't playing in a long time and all of a sudden same day he came back and random 10m came into his inventory and devs thought he was buying gold for money or something. Obviously I can't confirm this 100% since I don't know what other people are doing but when you think about it you can't do much in a few hours when you came back with nothing and a half dead friends list.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kolpertis_333 View Post
    My friend was banned for this reason, he quit the game for a long time and came back with nothing, when he came back his other friend gifted him 10m and a few arcane eggs, the same day while he was talking to me he got banned, made another account then we talked a while on the topic and I asked him if he added an item when thst friend was giving him gold or he gave him pure, he said pure. I'm guessing the reason is cuz he wasn't playing in a long time and all of a sudden same day he came back and random 10m came into his inventory and devs thought he was buying gold for money or something. Obviously I can't confirm this 100% since I don't know what other people are doing but when you think about it you can't do much in a few hours when you came back with nothing and a half dead friends list.

Sent from my AGS-W09 using Tapatalk
    Trying to play after being banned is also called Ban evasion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I thought if a item is high priced people add items that are the same value in gold so it’s easier isn’t this a regular thing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk