Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming back to the game...Is there still a game?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Coming back to the game...Is there still a game?

I played this game A LOT back in 2011-2012 and am now just playing to pass the time.

Is this game completely dead? Do updates still occur? I am finding there are zero groups while leveling up, are there more groups in the later levels/end game?

Just trying to decide if its worth putting time into this game if there isnt a community for end game.

Thanks,

Noodletank
    LVL 75 SUPERDEXME... LVL 62 XXSNIPESHOWXX... LVL 37 SUPERTWINKME Lvl 15 VBC
    PROUD GUILD MASTER OF MASS FARMING

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Superdexme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superdexme View Post
    I played this game A LOT back in 2011-2012 and am now just playing to pass the time.

Is this game completely dead? Do updates still occur? I am finding there are zero groups while leveling up, are there more groups in the later levels/end game?

Just trying to decide if its worth putting time into this game if there isnt a community for end game.

Thanks,

Noodletank
    End games is the most active forsure, we just finished the winter event on the 7th and probably due for another close to Valentines day

Sent from my LGL455DL using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Itspally For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

PL is more active than ever in terms of updates / events lol.

PL won't die anytime soon it's been same and only another sts game can actually kill it sooner.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

We still keep L12-17 alive for PVP best we can.

IGNs: Estate - Twinkled - Twash - Receipts
    Former IGNs: Sugar - Sugaronja - Suga - Latel

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Estate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superdexme View Post

Thanks,

Noodletank
    Don't waste ur time with PL. Not worth it. It's a complete abomination compared to what it used to be. The reason why you don't see players when lvling up is because no new players want to pick up this game. They're the sane ones

There's only a few things you can do.

1) 110 honor pvp. Gets old very fast. You always see the same dang people all the time.
    2) Events which aren't any fun. Grinding the same maps over and over again is boring. Feels like a chore to farm. Even more so, since the PVE in this game isn't challenging enough. Just hit skills randomly.
    3) Merch. Sit in towne all day and spam 'BUYING X,Y,Z' 1000000 times over or whatever for 8 hours straight rather than enjoying the game.

Now if u want a a good game which has elements of classic pocket legends, there's a lot to choose from. Xenoblade chronicles DE is a good one if u have a nintendo switch. I'm just giving it here as an example but it's a very long game so will last u a while, actually has a storyline unlike PL, actually challenging boss battles that require strategy (you need to think about what gear do choose, what gems to equip and what build).
    And open world. AI controlled teammates.
    Not saying u have to play xenoblade, but just know there's lot of cool games that have these features.

There's not that many good MMOs around anymore. The genre as a whole has died. If you want a good MMO, world of warcraft is the last remaining survivor.

If you want a good phone game, brawl stars or genshin impact. I'm not saying that because they're my favorites. Hell, I don't even play genshin. But at least most people have heard of them. The mobile gaming community doesn't even know that PL exists. That's how low it has fallen. Ask any new player or someone who looks at PL from the outside. It's a completely awful.
    Last edited by Vapourised; 01-13-2021 at 01:02 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapourised For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    There's not that many good MMOs around anymore. The genre as a whole has died. If you want a good mobile MMO, world of warcraft is the last remaining survivor.
    Not true. Mobile MMO scene is more alive than ever. Black Desert Mobile, Blade and Soul, V4, A3, the upcoming diablo immortal and tons more are all great games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

110 honor pvp. Gets old very fast. You always see the same dang people all the time.
    Isn't its the case for all pl caps, some names changes, some class changes, some quit, some banned, some come back, some move from twink to endgame, some endgame to twink, some move to pve

You always see the same ppl

Oh I forgot, Some comes back due to memories; some can't come back due to memories, hahahaha
    Last edited by Waug; 01-14-2021 at 09:22 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Isn't its the case for all pl caps, some names changes, some class changes, some quit, some banned, some come back, some move from twink to endgame, some endgame to twink, some move to pve

You always see the same ppl

Oh I forgot, Some comes back due to memories; some can't come back due to memories, hahahaha
    Idk man. PL just doesn't feel as enjoyable as it did back then before the inflation, enchantments, event spam etc etc. Isn't just me saying it. Look at how small the playerbase has become. Does that sound like a thriving game?

PL might still be fun for you lot and maybe OP will also enjoy it but the facts are that many abandoned it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default Coming back to the game...Is there still a game?

Event is most active time. If your a returning player you can catch up to endgame level buy doing xp events. It’s usually loaded with a lot of experience. Watch cs price for awhile be for you sell some of your old valuables cause some might be worth a lot.

So as far as leveling out of event depending on your level you could get any of the pets that gives 2k plus damage to have a smooth run. If your 50 plus you can do even more damage with a qtr, hemi, pure weapon.

If your around like 80-90 I think dev is gonna be a good pet or any or them pets that let u do free runs in like there zones.

85 swamp zone to make it clean grind remeber to use a pet with damage and a aoe weapon like alien staff and rally all the monsters up into a big mob and aoe (area of effect weapon) then all.

Now when u get to like level 106 (the ship map) you can buy amulet and ring that has gold bonus and pet that has gold bonus and like a vanity shield that have gold bonus and can start farming gold at good rates. Some make like 1-4m a hr if I remeber correctly.

U don’t have to waste all your gold on a pet or stress it cause if you wait for another event to come you can prob get a non tradable free one that u can use to max out your char using event tokens.

Also to further making leveling easier there are vanity sets that give effects like 3x damage, def, xp etc and some give speed. So there a lot of new items that make soloing easier.

And if you do the boat quest at like 106 you get like free 7m!!

Oh you can also make good money selling event items last event items were going from like 30m and some like 200m and there even items for plat players to buy and sell.

That’s all I can think of. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hjable; 01-14-2021 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It breaks my heart to see the game in this state. The game didn't fall off because it was an inherently bad game, but more because people.. just lost interest. It's strange, seeing how this game won best MMO of 2010 and 2011, there's definitely an incredibly solid and fun game here, and I think tons of people would still love this game - if they knew it existed. My theory is the massive playerbase slowly dropped off, and lack of advertisements and exposure isn't bringing in players to compensate those who left and/or banned. This game was my childhood in 4th grade back in 2010, and I would love to see it rejuvenated, but unless something is done, this game will remain the shell of the game it used to be. Until then, here's to another year of PL guys

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Vinlie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hjable View Post
    Event is most active time. If your a returning player you can catch up to endgame level buy doing xp events. It’s usually loaded with a lot of experience. Watch cs price for awhile be for you sell some of your old valuables cause some might be worth a lot.

So as far as leveling out of event depending on your level you could get any of the pets that gives 2k plus damage to have a smooth run. If your 50 plus you can do even more damage with a qtr, hemi, pure weapon.

If your around like 80-90 I think dev is gonna be a good pet or any or them pets that let u do free runs in like there zones.

85 swamp zone to make it clean grind remeber to use a pet with damage and a aoe weapon like alien staff and rally all the monsters up into a big mob and aoe (area of effect weapon) then all.

Now when u get to like level 106 (the ship map) you can buy amulet and ring that has gold bonus and pet that has gold bonus and like a vanity shield that have gold bonus and can start farming gold at good rates. Some make like 1-4m a hr if I remeber correctly.

U don’t have to waste all your gold on a pet or stress it cause if you wait for another event to come you can prob get a non tradable free one that u can use to max out your char using event tokens.

Also to further making leveling easier there are vanity sets that give effects like 3x damage, def, xp etc and some give speed. So there a lot of new items that make soloing easier.

And if you do the boat quest at like 106 you get like free 7m!!

Oh you can also make good money selling event items last event items were going from like 30m and some like 200m and there even items for plat players to buy and sell.

That’s all I can think of. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But he needs to already have substantial wealth to use those methods .
    That being said, I capped my mage to 110 in one event without xp kits or max cave tickets. You need to grind for 8 hours for like 3 days. Notice the word 'grind' here. Has connotations of repeatedly doing something without enjoying it. I did have to use sapphire set but as new player you can just follow 110 players and collect orbs (but those meanies boot you more often than not, good job guys I'm sure new players feel very welcomed by that!).

Events are the only way to progress essentially. There's still a lack of a good storyline and engaging PVE. Events dont fix that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The adventures and friends you made during the long grind sessions made this game special.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Vinlie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Idk, havent played since like 2012

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Notdudetus For This Useful Post:

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notdudetus View Post
    same lol

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocDoBig For This Useful Post:

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notdudetus View Post
    funny how we both got bored to check out the forum around the same time
    see you in 1-5 years again

still remember the awesome and funny times with ya

(@stephencobert i know you will thank this post)

dreamteam back then: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...=1#post2492210
    Last edited by DocDoBig; 01-26-2021 at 10:12 PM.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DocDoBig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I haven't played basicly since AL came out but I'm thinkin bout getting back into it. Wondering the same thing as the OP

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Just waiting for PL 2 to have the cap back to 56

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trenton For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts