Thread: PVP-Honor —>>> Where is the honor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default PVP-Honor —>>> Where is the honor?

Dear AL, STS and players.

This is my first time playing seasonal Pvp honor. I am surprised by all the trash talking and bullying in general but mostly for new players like me - that are trying to learn - so it’s f’ wierd and uncomfortable.

Now I’m not okay with the level of TT, but i myself also happen to do it now, since its the only Way you Can defend yourself - or be heard when someone smears your name.

But is this not f honor? Does honor not have anything to do with this badge?

I’m seeing players throwing games even when winning or for the soul purpose to bother someone they dislike - like i see a few doing with me on the regular.

Even worse i see players throwing, so as to help their online friends gain rankings - this can’t be honor?

Im litteraly trying my Best to learn - and between all the foul language and TT, i actually meet some very nice and helpfull xp-players who help me adjust. Which after one week, I’m at least competing and have hit LB on and off - on my first week - not saying im pro or anything, but that I’m capable of learning and also winning some good matches.

Now im not the worst or the Best player - but i just started .. imagine for the players - who would like to join pvp? That they would get this type of welcome, and that their mistakes on path to learning is handler in this manor, so as to be victom to this kind of intimidated by actions of so called “professionels” that do nothing but point fingers before game, mid-game and after game - surely this cant be honor?

And sadly, I’m finding myself also filled with these emotions, since you cant just run away or ignorer - i am also beginning to resort to TT when trying to defend myself .. but this is wrong of me also! but ... when players actually throw games in this manor and way ... i mean ... this cant be honor?

So I hope - that players Will listen, be paitient and just play - and believe in us new players > without f constant bullying. If you know we just started pvp - then live with the outcome - like you once did.

And LB players that have experience, honor and heart - Will defend us new players when we are meet by these types of .... honerary players.

I’ve played honor one week, and ive been playing AL since 2012-2013 —-> ive never seen such an hostile envirioment, hope it changes and adjustments are made for those people who throw.

Ty so very much

GL & HF
    Last edited by Nipzey; 01-13-2021 at 07:54 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nipzey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

+

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I think the honor means that everyone is fighting with same gear. Example, if a person with bare hand is fighting someone with a sword, then honor will be to drop the sword or give the other person a sword too.

Secondly, there are few players and so even a player who is playing his 2nd honor rank match can get matched with someone who is playing his 500th match. And the skill curve is not that high. Most of it is ping and timing. Since the number of player is less, it can seem like people are very toxic coz you will see the same players everyday.

One tip, if someone is saying bad about you, then the best thing you can do is keep silent. Coz if ur a good player, you will be good and his/her words will not change reality. I learnt it from experience. Back when I used to trash talk 3-4 years ago, I noticed that when I said trash about another player, and if the player responded back, I felt satisfied. But if the player doesn't reply back and act like I don't exist, then I felt irritated and said even more trash coz I felt ......(I don't know the word but I hope u understand the feeling)

Sent from my RMX1825 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

I quit honor, couldn't handle the toxicity, gameplay wasn't what I was used to but I was eager to learn, but no amount of eagerness could let me go through that much verbal abuse, at least not for me. Win or lose, it's "always the tank's fault". Nobody owns up to anything anymore, I know my own shortcomings but despite all that, I don't remember sucking this much 5 years ago.

Honor opened up a world of PvP where everyone could talk trash to anyone without paying the consequence for it, simply because it's very team reliant and you have no other way to get back at people other than be on a good team. You could tell me how "one pro player could change the outcome of the entire match" all you want, but we all know it's not gunna cut it, otherwise they wouldn't be posting threads about how bad the team system is (constantly partying with bad teams) and how people keep throwing matches.

If this is the price for keeping it "fair" then I y'all can enjoy it, I'm good.
    Last edited by Arachnophobik; 01-13-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I have a friend that listed some good ideas to improve honor.

Have a tier system so players that are new fight in a bronze tier and don't fight with higher tiered players. That way we can avoid the brand new people getting mixed with people that are trying to climb and have more experience. If we base the tiers on something other then points like # of matches and wins then it should separate people into groups. I know the top of the lb doesn't want to see me on their team and wouldn't have to until my win/matches ratio reached their tier.

Next. Similar to guild battle give everyone a uniform. Disable chat outside of your team. Remove names and titles. Make it so everyone is incognito. If you can't chat or know who is in the match with you a lot of the throws will go away. I'm sure people can find a work around but it will be harder to identify who is in the match with you. That will help some of the bs. When class free for all was around you couldn't chat so something similar to that.

Last, please don't dump everyone in the same map after a match. It is bad in town and depending on who was fighting I would say they even bully people. I personally just say "gf" regardless of what happened and leave to guildhall. This is better for me because I can only add so many people to ignore list. Soon I won't see what anyone is saying.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dear all - ty for your responds. I am on the excact same page as you - and believe something should be done. I Will not stand by and watch these few bullys ruin a whole game-mode! What Will i be doing? I am, as we speak, recording all my games pvp honor games - looking but not hoping to find those who throw games or speak in a manor Which Can’t be accepted! These recordings, once finished and produced, Will be submitted to all AL/STS related support teams. Since these players think, that they Can get away with abusive behavior and throwing games - i hope there Will be some hard action taken against these players by the admins. Tysm - and don’t quit! Join me in windmoore and stand tall! Much Love Nipzey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I was there during and after our match. You have plenty of ammo already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You should submit this to the admins! This is great! They should erase names and make it like that - what a great idea. Also everything else - have you tried reaching out to sts/AL with this? Much love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Not yet I will try to put it in the suggestions later

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I know sir & ty for your support.

I am not looking for someone particular, but I will submit every single one, that goes beyond the respect that we owe eachother - not as online players, but as humanbeings.

And yeah, I just watched playback. But I will gather more - and I know which game & player you are referring to - but I will give people the chances they deserve before going on with materiale i gather.

A Damn shame it has to be done like this - but tbh, I won’t have these people bully, abuse and push-out players that are just as equal to play, as they are themselves.

Tysm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

You’ll be fine, just wait for “Last Legend Standing” (honor/Normal) pvp mode. It’s much more fun than regular/ranked honor pvp. The trash talk still exists there but... it’s all vs all (25 player match) meaning it’s hard to win with players throwing the games. If you want it to be competitive, you’re in luck also. It’s said to be an event based pvp mode(it will come a few times a year) there will probably a leaderboard this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would def. love that. And thanks for your reply and update! Will def. be trying that out too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Pvp in AL has lost it's fun the moment they introduced awakening, at that moment, a very major population of AL quit and haven't come back, there was always trash talk in pvp but I guess in our time it was more fun and kind of a healthy competition.
    Would be nice to have pvp revived but it's simply come to the point where nothing can be done anymore, and honor pvp will never be what that old school AL pvp was back in the day.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vrazicak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazicak View Post
    Pvp in AL has lost it's fun the moment they introduced awakening, at that moment, a very major population of AL quit and haven't come back, there was always trash talk in pvp but I guess in our time it was more fun and kind of a healthy competition.
    Would be nice to have pvp revived but it's simply come to the point where nothing can be done anymore, and honor pvp will never be what that old school AL pvp was back in the day.
    What exactly is the difference between honor pvp and the old school pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post

Have a tier system so players that are new fight in a bronze tier and don't fight with higher tiered players. That way we can avoid the brand new people getting mixed with people that are trying to climb and have more experience. If we base the tiers on something other then points like # of matches and wins then it should separate people into groups. I know the top of the lb doesn't want to see me on their team and wouldn't have to until my win/matches ratio reached their tier.

Next. Similar to guild battle give everyone a uniform. Disable chat outside of your team. Remove names and titles. Make it so everyone is incognito. If you can't chat or know who is in the match with you a lot of the throws will go away. I'm sure people can find a work around but it will be harder to identify who is in the match with you. That will help some of the bs. When class free for all was around you couldn't chat so something similar to that.

Last, please don't dump everyone in the same map after a match. It is bad in town and depending on who was fighting I would say they even bully people. I personally just say "gf" regardless of what happened and leave to guildhall. This is better for me because I can only add so many people to ignore list. Soon I won't see what anyone is saying.
    These are some pretty solid ideas. I think they deserve an own thread in the Suggestions section. +1
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post

There is already point system in honor. Problem is that there are less number of players that's why high tier players are also matched with low tier players.

The incognito idea is also not good. Itnshould be an option which layers can turn on or off individually. Coz for me, I am 0% affected by trash talk of other players but I wanna know who I'm playing with or against. There are +ve and -ve of it. You can meet friends through PvP also in map.

Sent from my RMX1825 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Incognito would be so it's harder to cheat. Also everyone would be judged by their skills not reputation or name. Incognito wouldn't be to avoid tt. I have been in maps where one team throws with out even trying, just because of one player they don't like. In general people should at least try.

Point system sucks as is. Someone going in and learning shouldn't be with people that have 100 matches under their belt. I have had unranked players even when I have 1600+ points. That's broken. Hell I had fliuvi going against mikehateclub. That's broken. If your wondering i didn't just sit and let them farm rog, I tried to win. Unsuccessfully but I at least tried.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Why not have a option to report while in game? Like if someone is being too toxic then we can report it on a “tt” section. After a certain amount they can get mute or something. Because yes it’s insane how toxic it is. Like literally people I’ve never thought were on AL are all there. Every match there Like a 80% one of your team will tt you or someone else. It’s honestly so annoying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

People never changed lol