Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constantly dying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Constantly dying

Yeah, I know full dex birds are squishier than squish, but it seems I'm always dying when fighting mobs in Mt. Fang. I kite, spam attacks, try to stay behind bears but I still die. Then when I'm fighting bosses, I spam pots like no tomorrow. I'm starting to lose money now lol! Sometimes, when soloing, I bite off more than I can chew, so I deserve those deaths, but otherwise, I just frustrated at dying because it feels no other birds are.
    Currently I'm lvl 62, using the lvl 61 Chiroptera set from the plat store. I noticed my dodge is horrible, but the sanguine doesn't seem much better in that department either.

I suppose by now that the pot burn is part of being a squishy, but are there any other tips to stay alive(besides elixirs)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaiker View Post
    Yeah, I know full dex birds are squishier than squish, but it seems I'm always dying when fighting mobs in Mt. Fang. I kite, spam attacks, try to stay behind bears but I still die. Then when I'm fighting bosses, I spam pots like no tomorrow. I'm starting to lose money now lol! Sometimes, when soloing, I bite off more than I can chew, so I deserve those deaths, but otherwise, I just frustrated at dying because it feels no other birds are.
    Currently I'm lvl 62, using the lvl 61 Chiroptera set from the plat store. I noticed my dodge is horrible, but the sanguine doesn't seem much better in that department either.

I suppose by now that the pot burn is part of being a squishy, but are there any other tips to stay alive(besides elixirs)?
    War bird, and plat sets are useless In my opinion, get some good armor and damage
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

A bow bird without at least a 2x elix is a dead bird in fang.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    A bow bird without at least a 2x elix is a dead bird in fang.
    Lies o.o
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Lies o.o
    If so let's meet in game and let me watch you fight Emma with longbow with no Elix. You will die or burn more than hundred pots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    If so let's meet in game and let me watch you fight Emma with longbow with no Elix. You will die or burn more than hundred pots
    I don't have longbow, kiting ftw
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Thanks for answering, I want to be the most useful bird, but I don't like dying either. Do warbirds really have it much better?

About the plat sets, I'm gold poor so I can't afford sanguine or whatever, and I figured the stats were similar enough to vampyr set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Constantly dying

Warbirds are a lot more durable but you wont find yourself killing everything in mass mobs. Youll just die less. (hopefully)
    Hey!
    Check out------->Soloing Guide
    In the works! 2K15

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I stop playing pl when the cap was 55. Basicly u should not be getting hell fire like that if theres bears there tanking, U would still die but less special if theres a elf there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

believe me, it's not just your bird that is dying. I've died plenty.

Basically, you learn how to use your weapon better in terms of recognizing the maximum distance, the amount of regen you have and how to keep moving around a battle so as to minimize getting locked on by multiple enemies. I've been able to improve my survivability rate a lot by learning these basic things. Also, try to hang around the mages so when they heal, you will benefit from their area effects. I can fight Emma reasonably ok so long as a stay right on top of party mage(s) and using my pots effectively.

I've been able to survive reasonably well and the only elixirs i use are pretty much the free daily ones only. Just be aware of where you are in terms of positioning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Here's the deal on fang, it's the mages nuff said. Even with a beast team of 2 aggro tanking bears, 2 spam heal mages, and you as a bird, the first time you do an attack all the mages spin right at you and will dps the crap out of you so hard you'll crap an egg, basically the way I find best is mostly auto and knock back on melee only opponents. The mages in fang are way op in my opinion with the ability to do more range dmg and heal like the sewer queen they're an annoying foe made even more so with their annoying ability to mob birds with weak armor. Maybe as a warbird you'll have higher armor making you survive longer but doing less dmg overall, but the birds skills seem to have more aggro attracting powers than a bears taunt maxed out lol

I say to avoid this, find a good bear with a tanking setup and have him do pull-roar-stomp then rush in and spam the mages to death first. The bears combo debuffs the enemies then hits them with the smash combo which adds to the debuffing not just in dmg but also dazes them longer while their armor is low.

If you're in a pug my best advice is use thorn wall and kill the mages first, when you use scream or creul blast combo you pull a ton of aggro as a bird and all the mages attention is now on you, even after the bear uses taunt.

For bosses basically kiting is ftw. Use knockback then thorns as much as possible and only use combos when bear starts to take aggro as there is a delay in one when once it is taken for a few secs no one else can pull his aggro.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

How set are you on being pure dex? You might wanna try duel spec, and use str armor/helm with a bow.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I've been trying to kill mages first, but I keep forgetting to. I'm going to remember now, hopefully. I know how to lure, but when I'm in groups I die quite a lot. I'm really bad at multitasking, but since there's always mages in a game, I'll try to stay near them. I'll try to hook up with a bear friend too, but I just don't like bothering him lol.

About bosses, does thorn work on them? Or repulse? Because it seems the higher levels are resistant to those attacks (besides emma)' but maybe I just don't notice.

EDIT: @Walkhardd
    I like being pure dex, but the dying is very annoying, and I'm starting to consider if it's best. However, I'm not too keen on being a warbird because then I won't do as much damage, which means I won't be as "useful". Haha, can't have the best of both worlds eh?
    Last edited by Windwaiker; 04-16-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaiker View Post

Well pot spamming is more than excessive for end game full dex birds so nothing strange in that.

U r still a bit low lvl in Fang and that's why u die so often. Even though I am lvl 66 with a Sang set my survivability is not that good. It's just hard campaign that's all.

What u need to learn is to learn to notice possible danger situations. It is hard but running away is more than a simple solution in immediate danger.

Being a warbird is also a good option if u r looking for survivability but u rly lack offense with a warbird. I could propose that u should try dagger + wing combo. Even though it is still a bit squishy it still gives u extra armor alongside with good damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Mt fang mages are the problem. They deal like 300 crit and can kill u in 3 secs or less and can heal their mob friends so i would watch out for them. Also The mob have a good chance of attacking every player even if they are in behind so try to kill them as quick as possible or ur doomed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

I leveled all the way to 66 as a dex bird. Heres the hint when things get rough quit playing the team hero. I hate to break it to you but you are not the man to save the ladies (mages) you are the man the women of PL laugh at. When things get rough you leave run away. Maybe use a crossbow to get greater range. Every once in a while step up and use the combo (scream+blast) then use thorns and retreat (giving mages mega chance) I didn't die a lot so neither should you.
    Hope i could help with my insults :P
    Livemau

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Up until mt fang, i had maybe 50 deaths, it took another 50 for me to respec and go as a warbird. You spend a lot more money on equipment dual speccing but you have many more playstyle options.

Your damage suffers, but you'll stay alive more often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Constantly dying

Im a level 65 full dex bird with l65 crafted armor, but even a couple days ago when I was using my demonic set I still didnt die constently. Sure I always have a few deaths here and there but constantly, no. You just got to learn what works and what doesnt, and I guess whatever Im doin seems to be workin. If you need any help just pm me and my characters name is irulelol
    INDUBITABLY:banana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm not going to comment on bosses directly, because until I was 66 and respecced to hybrid bird, I died a LOT on all bosses except Gobble.

Here are my thoughts on the matter...

When I was XPing up to 66, I was pure dex. I was gold poor and had lvl appropriate Vampyr DAGGER sets until I started being able to afford the crafted Sang.

I found that if I waited all of 2 seconds after the bears started pulling, I'd be fine to do whatever I wanted without getting enough aggro to be in danger. Bear sucks all the mobs into a corner, I count to 2, then unleash hell. If i did get aggro eventually, the mobs were usually low enough that they died before they could do anything bad to me. I'd usually start off with a blst combo, then immediately use root wall to hold them in place so the tank mobs couldn't get me. then just pick them apart one at a time.

I really didn;t die a lot on anything in fang except Emma, and maybe Duke if there were any juicers in the group (Not sure why, but Duke hates when people use elixers on him). I really don;t consider my death count getting to 66 to be excessive.

Once i was at 66, i respecced to 150 str, rest dex so that I could use orlok. at this point, all I do is kill bosses, so no need for the huge fast damage of a dexbird. I wear a full orlok set except for a dagger instead of sword. If stuff gets bad, throw on the sord too for the set bonus and you can easily survive a while against any boss without worrying about getting killed quicker than you can use the pots. It comes in handy if the bears gets whacked or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

there's one simple strategy you can start doing right away without changing your gameplay to drastically. I'm guessing right now u r running in and doing ur shattering scream combo and spamming ur other attacks. that's wrong. a way to win is target the mob leaders one at a time, mob leaders being the mages or the knights with big axes. make sure to focus all your main damage on this one enemy and don't stand by in close range whether your enemy is close range or outer range, in close range it is easier for them to hit you. if they deal heavy damage run back and heal then go do more damage. that's it! easy!