Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Consignment Shoppe- The Ultimate Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Default The Consignment Shoppe- The Ultimate Guide

Hey guys,

Today I will be telling you about the Consignment Shoppe in Pocket Legends. The Consignment Shoppe is for you merchants out there. The Consignment Shoppe (CS for short) is a place where you can buy and sell your items. Today's guide will feature: How to buy and sell your items, trading, and a couple of pictures (Coming soon!)

Where is this "Consignment Shoppe" located? How do I access the CS? What do I have to do? All these questions will be answered in this guide as I like to call it.

I mentioned a term earlier "Merchanting". But what is a merchant? A merchant is normally an alt (alternate character) who buys and sells in order to earn profit. The character doesn't level up much, and usually stops levelling at level 10. This all comes down into being a successful businessman. The role of a merchant is to roam the lands of Alterra getting as much profit as you can.

Buying/Selling is extremely important in the expansive world of Alterra. Gold can be made from selling items. Buying and selling plays a huge role in Alterra. All characters need to make gold, so why not use the Consignment Shoppe in order to do so?

Chapter 1: How does the Consignment Shoppe work?

The consignment Shoppe(Cs) is a huge market that can be found in the "Fort Blackstone", a shopping marvel in Alterra. It is home to the Bale fort Sewers, Wyldwood and most importantly, the Consignment Shoppe. It is a place in which you can trade(coming in a later chapter), buy and sell your items for a profit. In this guide, I will show you the necessary parts of the Cs. There are three businessman called "Artie" that stand on treasure chests in the main hall of the town. If you go into the castle, straight ahead of spawn, follow the path, and turn at your first left, you enter the main hall. The Main Hall is where people hang out as I like to call it. If you interact with any of the "Arties", you have got the choice of two options, "Buy/Sell" and "Buy auction slots".

Chapter 2: Buying in Alterra?

This chapter will explain to you how to buy items. If you glance at the top of your screen, you will see different categories (Helmets, Weapons, Armour and Shields). If you click on one of these, then the "Search" button below it, you will get a list of all the items that people have sold. If you highlight an item, a icon called "Purchase item" will appear. According to how much gold you have, if you have the required amount, when you go to purchase the item, it will allow you to buy the item. Your funds will decrease depending on the price of the item. The item will appear in that category in your inventory.

Chapter 3: Selling in Alterra?

This chapter will explain to you how to sell items. Hopefully you should have the general idea of how to buy items (Read above for more infomation). You may of noticed two tabs at the top of your screen. "Buy" and "Sell". If you press on "Sell", it will take you to another screen. It will bring up your inventory. To sell an item, all you need to do is highlight said item in your inventory, and you will need to choose
    how long to list the item, and the amount you would like to sell it for. Once you have filled in the fields, hit "Sell item". You will get a notification to say that it has been placed in the CS. For example
    "_____item___________ has been listed for ______how much gold________".

Chapter 4: Trading?

Trading works in a similar way to the CS, but you do it directly, not through the market.

When you click on a persons profile, you have the option to trade with them. By pressing "Trade", they will get an invite to trade with you. If they accept, the trade window will show up. You will have "Your offer" and "_____'s offer". You get 4 slots each, and you go through your inventory, highlight the item then "add". One of your four slots will highlight. The other person can add gold and potions. When you have put the item you want to sell, and they have put the right amount of gold, you click the tick box below your choices. They do the same. You then need to confirm your choices, and hit "yes".

That is my guide so far! Please show your appreciation! Add your comments! Pictures coming soon! *I know it isnt perfect but when there is pictures and I have updated it it will be better*
    Last edited by Skeletonlord; 04-15-2012 at 02:23 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Wow....

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

meh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Wow....
    You seem shocked. What is wrong with it? By the way this is aimed at new players, not people like you.

@Dudetus I dont think you even read the post. Give it a chance. "Meh". How can I improve anything if "meh" is all you can say.
    Last edited by Skeletonlord; 04-15-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

No, not shocked at all actually.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

No, not shocked at all actually.
    What do you think of it? I need your opinions guys. If you Dont like it what can make it better? "Wow" means that you dont really like it. Please elaborate!

This guide took me 40-45 mins to write, please I need some support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wow.
    wackusack-66 bird, willwacku 56 mage, drywash 50 bear, wetwash 37 bear, ilwackusackli 35 bird, tvvinkerbell 12 bear, ihost 7 bear, remembernoob 35 mage, sushiaddict 30 mage, and afh, 30 bear

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    What do you think of it? I need your opinions guys. If you Dont like it what can make it better? "Wow" means that you dont really like it. Please elaborate!

This guide took me 40-45 mins to write, please I need some support

It seems as though you are pointing out the obvious

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Silentarrow For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    @Dudetus I dont think you even read the post. Give it a chance. "Meh". How can I improve anything if "meh" is all you can say.
    Don't mean to offend because u have used a lot of time to do this guide but yep, this is kinda obvious thing actually.

I think the problem is not how to use the CS because it is rly simple, but to know that there actually is a CS. I haven't seen more simple "auctions" than there is in PL in any MMORPG which I have played and trust me, that's a lot being said.

Edit: On a side note... It takes me about 2 to 3 hours to make a "How to look" - guide.
    Last edited by dudetus; 04-15-2012 at 04:23 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

You should put in an example search.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Skeleton, haters gonna hate. They aren't providing much constrictive criticism, which is why they aren't a great audience.

Here are my suggestions:

-Add some screenies. If you can't, I can make some.
    -Bold and Italicize key points
    -Elaborate a bit more. For example: Directions, picture of the map., possibly a video?

To be honest, CS isn't obvious. Up until about level 46, I never used cs. I was a spammer trying to sell items because I was convinced CS was too hard or annoying to operate if you catch my drift.

Other than that, great guide bro. Keep it up, and let the flames feed themselves so they can realize that it was a bit rude...

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy:620348
    Wow....
    Actually this is PL, not WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Willwacku:620421
    Wow.
    Same applies to u

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Actually this is PL, not WoW

Same applies to u
    Hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:620556
    Skeleton, haters gonna hate. They aren't providing much constrictive criticism, which is why they aren't a great audience.

Here are my suggestions:

-Add some screenies. If you can't, I can make some.
    -Bold and Italicize key points
    -Elaborate a bit more. For example: Directions, picture of the map., possibly a video?

To be honest, CS isn't obvious. Up until about level 46, I never used cs. I was a spammer trying to sell items because I was convinced CS was too hard or annoying to operate if you catch my drift.

Other than that, great guide bro. Keep it up, and let the flames feed themselves so they can realize that it was a bit rude...
    I view it less as hating and more as giving up on trying to provide constructive criticism when it doesn't do an ounce of good. I have tried to be constructive with these guides before and all that happens is an "ok!" and the guide is repeated with different subject matter but the same overall delivery again and again.

My issue with this is that there are VERY few brand new players that don't know where the cs is, let alone how to use it, on this forum. Not only that but even if a player didn't know how to use the CS it really is not hard to learn how to use it, took me about 10 minutes to figure it out. There are some things in this game that just really don't need a guide to learn how to use, the CS is one of them.

Pardon me for not being nice and cheery about everything but I have tried that (so have numerous others) and nothing productive came from it.

Down With the Rep

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I view it less as hating and more as giving up on trying to provide constructive criticism when it doesn't do an ounce of good. I have tried to be constructive with these guides before and all that happens is an "ok!" and the guide is repeated with different subject matter but the same overall delivery again and again.

My issue with this is that there are VERY few brand new players that don't know where the cs is, let alone how to use it, on this forum. Not only that but even if a player didn't know how to use the CS it really is not hard to learn how to use it, took me about 10 minutes to figure it out. There are some things in this game that just really don't need a guide to learn how to use, the CS is one of them.

Pardon me for not being nice and cheery about everything but I have tried that (so have numerous others) and nothing productive came from it.
    Have you not seen improvement in his guides? You can't tell me you haven't. And so what if his guide isn't very good (in your eyes) it won't harm anyone? Will it? If it took you 10 minutes, this will save someone else time, because it took me 2 minutes to read. And you must admit you didn't state any constructive criticism. Will it hurt to repeat yourself? And if you don't feel lie repeating yourself, why not PM him your suggestions professionally. And if that might not work for you either, why not block or just ignore his threads?

On the other hand, sorry for ruining your thread with flames Skeleton. Someone will see the posts and delete the eventually...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Hey skeleton. basically listen to Wounded, that's probably the best feedback you can get. Maybe add this to 'New players' other than general discussion or possibly in the 'Guides' section. Don't let the haters hate, i also think that PL guides have been gradually more detailed. People expect high quality, colorful guides. Keep adding on It's a great start for newer players!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

"everyone gets a trophy"

-------AEO-------

26. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts