Thread: How does the curse skill for mages work?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default How does the curse skill for mages work?

does having high damage increases its damage as well? because I tried curse skill on DM with 7k damage the effect is not that noticable. Don't you guys think this skill needs a buff?

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

yes high damage increases damage from curse, and definetely it doesnt need buff (already overbuffed for pvp)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

this skill is not good for PVE mainly with easy mobs ..

edited*
    Last edited by will0; 01-28-2021 at 06:16 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

oh, so it's not suitable for PvE. Thank you guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I think I can clarify with a msg I've writting to a friend considering curse skill in pve:
    Ive been testing curse on many maps lately because I see huge potential in it. So with max mastery it does the following:
    They receive (low, unsignificant) dmg everytime they hit a player. Receive 10% more dmg (20% with full mastery) and half the chance for them to hit a crit.
    Curse is most likely swapped for lightning or clock in pve, means u lose your highest dealing dmg skill. As a result high int/bd/ed stats have less impact, in other words mage goes further into the direction of support than dmg dealer.
    So when to use curse? When your avg dmg output is less than 20% of the total dmg of ur pt since it boosts ur dmg on cursed targets by 20%. Easier, use it when u deal less dmg than the other pt members (in terms of actual hits including procs) not stats-wise.
    Why was/is it used not very often? First of all most dont know the exact skill. Secondly, it was very unattractive during 56-66 caps bc mages were a high dealing dmg class with drag staff, immo staff and balance staff procs.
    Where to use curse? For normal mode: evg, dm, m6 bosses if u run with balanced pts (u'll be the only one with curse usually). Its not as effective for mobs since theres no map where they arent dead within a few secs. Energize during bosses reduces the cooldown of curse so drastic that its impact time is higher than the cd itself. You can use it constantly during ultimate.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 01-28-2021 at 08:39 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I think I can clarify with a msg I've writting to a friend considering curse skill in pve:
    Ive been testing curse on many maps lately because I see huge potential in it. So with max mastery it does the following:
    They receive (low, unsignificant) dmg everytime they hit a player. Receive 10% more dmg (20% with full mastery) and half the chance for them to hit a crit.
    Curse is most likely swapped for lightning or clock in pve, means u lose your highest dealing dmg skill. As a result high int/bd/ed stats have less impact, in other words mage goes further into the direction of support than dmg dealer.
    So when to use curse? When your avg dmg output is less than 20% of the total dmg of ur pt since it boosts ur dmg on cursed targets by 20%. Easier, use it when u deal less dmg than the other pt members (in terms of actual hits including procs) not stats-wise.
    Why was/is it used not very often? First of all most dont know the exact skill. Secondly, it was very unattractive during 56-66 caps bc mages were a high dealing dmg class with drag staff, immo staff and balance staff procs.
    Where to use curse? For normal mode: evg, dm, m6 bosses if u run with balanced pts (u'll be the only one with curse usually). Its not as effective for mobs since theres no map where they arent dead within a few secs. Energize during bosses lets reduced the cooldown of curse so drastic that its impact time is higher than the cd itself. You can use it constantly during ultimate.
    wow, this is the most informative reply I have read. thank you so much

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I find myself just getting a balanced staff and swap it in as curse skill.
    Works just fine, no cool down at all

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dualray View Post
    I find myself just getting a balanced staff and swap it in as curse skill.
    Works just fine, no cool down at all

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
    balanced staff curse works another way, it doesnt have all those debuffs as skill curse, also damage from staff's proc depends on enemy's max hp, your %dmg (pets/elixirs/procs) and %ed %bd, doesnt depend on your dmg stat, easier to say: it was useless at mobs and in pvp, also it was nerfed at lvl71 expansion, so atm its almost useless at most of bosses too (good only at some maus bosses)
    Last edited by synoptix; 01-28-2021 at 11:20 AM.