Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFK Farmers, is this bannable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Unhappy AFK Farmers, is this bannable?

I don't know if this happens only to me or to several in general..

I am currently trying to do elite achievements of Vardan Valley, and I come across these characters (And many more):

I call them the "Away From Keyboard Farmers"

Name:  AFKFARMER1.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  356.7 KB
    Name:  AFKFARMER2.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  369.8 KB
    Name:  AFKFARMER3.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  406.4 KB

Random characters that they enter the map and go to the top corner to wait for the boss.

We all know the mechanics of Greensap Farm, collect materials and kill mobs so that the boss "Jord Skratch" spawn.

These are a few of those that I have found going to the top of the map to wait for the boss to spawn, I find that a bad aptitude that they do since if everyone helps on the map the boss appears faster.

It's fine that they don't need the materials (I include myself) but I still help collect and kill mobs so that the boss spawn.

The truth is, I do not expect them to be banned, but if they create some system or mechanics in the game that does not allow them to do that, since it is a very bad practice in the ethical sense.

Without more to say, I hope that some developer or administrator can answer my question in the title and if they could do something about it.

Peace and have a good day.
    AL - Guild Letal Sharks: Officer

Moscu: (Warrior - Endgame - Main) | Hextcp: (PvP) |DISCORD: Moscu#3706

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

bruh....that's a strategy to make the boss spawn faster. By letting the mobs destroy the harvestable materials after they've been spwned.

This is a feature of the map. To help things run quicker and less grindy. But here's the catch, you will miss out on the harvestable materials to craft items.

So it's a double edged sword whether you like it or not. Pick one and go with it. Or join the crew.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    bruh....that's a strategy to make the boss spawn faster. By letting the mobs destroy the harvestable materials after they've been spwned.

This is a feature of the map. To help things run quicker and less grindy. But here's the catch, you will miss out on the harvestable materials to craft items.

So it's a double edged sword whether you like it or not. Pick one and go with it. Or join the crew.
    Yes, indeed that "afk farmers" are making clean the map more faster than u do, also get In the top make mobs loss aggro then attack plants and rocks...

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Being afk is their tactics,sometimes u need to learn more tricks in some map.if u need help collecting and killing mobs which is ur way to spawn the boss better to make or find a party.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Interestingly enough, seems you only need to let the mobs help you destroy materials and gather materials yourself. All this time I thought I just had to gather materials, even the ones mobs are trying to destroy.

Sauce: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...-Greensap-Farm

Edit: It won't hurt to help gather materials while everyone else is tho...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arachnophobik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarsito View Post
    Yes, indeed that "afk farmers" are making clean the map more faster than u do, also get In the top make mobs loss aggro then attack plants and rocks...

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Midas View Post
    Being afk is their tactics,sometimes u need to learn more tricks in some map.if u need help collecting and killing mobs which is ur way to spawn the boss better to make or find a party.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    Interestingly enough, seems you only need to let the mobs help you destroy materials and gather materials yourself. All this time I thought I just had to gather materials, even the ones mobs are trying to destroy.

Sauce: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...-Greensap-Farm

I see, so this has been a "tactic" more than staying AFK, although I keep saying that it is faster to kill mobs and collect than to stay AFK, in those games it lasts more minutes than in those where everyone helped.

I have also made parties, where pets are not used while collecting and are only used to kill the Boss. If I know that tactic.

Staying afk helps mobs destroy materials but collecting them is also a quick way to stop more materials from spawning.

So if we go to the specific case being that collecting the materials and letting them destroy the materials is the fastest way to spawn the boss (as it says Arachnophobik).

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Meddling would result a slower run, since mobs would hit you instead of the crops, resets your clicks.

Ideally, you would use these mobs to your advantage. So, harvest 'till a handful had spawned, run to the top, and let them do the cleaning.

Situationally, utilize the mini map to clear the crops you see that are free from mobs, as gently as not taking aggro.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 01-28-2021 at 12:41 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Meddling would result a slower run, since mobs would hit you instead of the crops, resets your clicks.

Ideally, you would use these mobs to your advantage. So, harvest 'till a handful had spawned, run to the top, and let them do the cleaning.

Situationally, utilize the mini map to clear the crops you see that are free from mobs, as gently as not taking aggro.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    This is the approach I’m using. I run to empty crops and start the process. I don’t wait, I just move on to the next crop so resources aren’t harvested but a new mob will spawn. Once I see every crop is attacked by a mob I just wait on top of the map for boss to spawn. This method is slightly faster than just waiting or harvesting crops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Guys you shouldn't make leechers appear as they are smart skilled players.

The tactic of making mobs kill materials helps spawn faster but the real fast runs are:

Make mobs clear map and at same time gathering materials too. It will spawn faster.

The 100% AFK team will not make boss spawn unless you wait 15 mins, let's not give the wrong info to new players who gonna run that map.

Sadly, the lb top player its full of those "smart players" who achieved 1k bosses aps staying afk.

It's not a reason to ban anyway, leechers always existed

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Willl; 01-28-2021 at 02:04 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Willl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Thx for the tips, now can farm Aps like a pros.
    Name:  Sin título.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  366.7 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

That’s my girl light @-@ afk farmer I think not! It’s a strat bruv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Simple solution make a party and quit whining bout "leechers"....its randoms wtf u expect?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

ahahahahah I LOVE THIS THREAD, ngl I afk in greensap as well bc it has got to be one of the most boring APs and gets quite annoying when you pull the mobs aggro and take on all the debuffs. But what I learned from running this map is that even if you don't farm all the resources just go up to each of them and begin to farm and have the mobs spawn once the max number of mobs spawned they destroy the materials much faster and you can afk at the top of the map and boss will spawn quick. - Atoned
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I see the same people who afk in that map, same igns starting with A lmfao. Yes staying at the top of the map helps but IF you spawn mobs by collecting or triggering the resources. These kids literally walk in the map and wait and then help when boss is almost dead if you get lucky enough for them to actually pay attention.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Glad I'm done with that map

So, ppl have different reasons to be there,
    some want materials for profit, some want apps, some are gold farming, Many are doing more than one.

If you want materials you don't want the boss to spawn quickly, you can run without a pet and even collect materials that are being attacked without attracting the aggro of the mob attacking the material. You don't want to kill many mobs because that quickens jord spawning. Also, when all materials are collected you get an additional higher level material.

Or

You are only there for the apps/$
    You will find allowing others to kill mobs is the same as materials being collected, or mobs destroying materials, just wait for boss. Gold farmers also fall into this category.

Really, as long as people aren't telling me what to do because their motivation differs from mine, I don't care.

Doing the dozer apps is worse because there are less reasons to run that map if you aren't grinding apps. There are no drops there compared to jord
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moscu View Post
    I don't know if this happens only to me or to several in general..

I am currently trying to do elite achievements of Vardan Valley, and I come across these characters (And many more):

I call them the "Away From Keyboard Farmers"

Name:  AFKFARMER1.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  356.7 KB
    Name:  AFKFARMER2.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  369.8 KB
    Name:  AFKFARMER3.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  406.4 KB

Random characters that they enter the map and go to the top corner to wait for the boss.

We all know the mechanics of Greensap Farm, collect materials and kill mobs so that the boss "Jord Skratch" spawn.

These are a few of those that I have found going to the top of the map to wait for the boss to spawn, I find that a bad aptitude that they do since if everyone helps on the map the boss appears faster.

It's fine that they don't need the materials (I include myself) but I still help collect and kill mobs so that the boss spawn.

The truth is, I do not expect them to be banned, but if they create some system or mechanics in the game that does not allow them to do that, since it is a very bad practice in the ethical sense.

Without more to say, I hope that some developer or administrator can answer my question in the title and if they could do something about it.

Peace and have a good day.
    Bruh what is newb babbling *sigh* because player like you(the one that kill mobs) make us the "real" farmer wait much longer for boss to spawn..

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Unhappy Newbie Stuffs & "Pro" Players..

Quote Originally Posted by ndyfixer View Post
    Bruh what is newb babbling *sigh* because player like you(the one that kill mobs) make us the "real" farmer wait much longer for boss to spawn..

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Tapatalk
    I really play since 2K15, if I have newbie stuff but when I have a concern and no one answers me, it is the forum that helps me.
    I don't know if you have a problem with "newbies" and their "newbie stuff" To be honest I don't really care. But what I find frustrating is your way of referring to other players when they don't know the farming techniques of another map, it is never too much to teach others to be good players.
    I could expand and talk a little more about this topic but I feel that you do not deserve it since this game and many of you only think about pretending and being "Pro Players" when the real "Pro Players" at least for me are those who help to other players to be good or better players and to know the game.
    Have a little more humility and respect before referring to others like that.
    It will never be humiliating for me to be a rookie.

//PD: On the other hand, I already learned the tips they gave me to play on the map, but I sincerely aspire and hope not to get people of your class or like you in the game.

I say goodbye with this famous phrase:

"Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues."
    -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Naaabmage View Post
    Simple solution make a party and quit whining bout "leechers"....its randoms wtf u expect?
    Thanks for the annotation, the post for ndyfixer above goes with you too.

Quote Originally Posted by agcbm98 View Post
    I see the same people who afk in that map, same igns starting with A lmfao. Yes staying at the top of the map helps but IF you spawn mobs by collecting or triggering the resources. These kids literally walk in the map and wait and then help when boss is almost dead if you get lucky enough for them to actually pay attention.
    I really did the post for those people and for those who stayed at the top of the map, but since we know the aforementioned techniques to farm on the map we need to limit anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Glad I'm done with that map

So, ppl have different reasons to be there,
    some want materials for profit, some want apps, some are gold farming, Many are doing more than one.

If you want materials you don't want the boss to spawn quickly, you can run without a pet and even collect materials that are being attacked without attracting the aggro of the mob attacking the material. You don't want to kill many mobs because that quickens jord spawning. Also, when all materials are collected you get an additional higher level material.

Or

You are only there for the apps/$
    You will find allowing others to kill mobs is the same as materials being collected, or mobs destroying materials, just wait for boss. Gold farmers also fall into this category.

Really, as long as people aren't telling me what to do because their motivation differs from mine, I don't care.

Doing the dozer apps is worse because there are less reasons to run that map if you aren't grinding apps. There are no drops there compared to jord
    Your comment is very successful, Thank you for your honesty.
    Last edited by Moscu; 01-30-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Yes it is a strategy, but it doesn’t mean you go afk once you go into map, you’ve got to collect a decent amount of resources for a good number of mobs to spawn before you even think of standing at the top, tho I did meet a warrior during my grind who had the same play style as me which was, I used to collect resources until boss swap end whilst he’s there taunting all the mobs and killing em which is the fastest way

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Undershooting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I've done both. Collecting resources and going around spawning mobs is way quicker than just staying afk at the top, which is also boring af. That being said, we all have our own farming methods and at the end of the day, both techniques work. Only players that I find annoying at greensap are the ones that pull and kill all mobs.
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roycedamagnet For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

This might bea dumb question but why dont people leave when they see someone farming afk?

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to looiaqop For This Useful Post: