Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Send items through the mail

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

Moving this to Suggestions and Feedback. <3
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Moving this to Suggestions and Feedback. <3
    Hi Dev, can we get a rework on Ebon Staff's Proc soon? Sorry but i think its not useful since it doesnt match mage's gameplay, it is different to other ebon weaps such as Ebon Dag and Aegis. I know you have put it on improvement list already, but it is better to rework it as soon as possible to make the weapon worth again
    Ty for listening to us devs, love you all :3
    Have a nice day ^-^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    In the past a friend and I discussed how nice it would be to have a sort of borrowing/lending system:

- You give someone an item to use but instead set a period of time in which the person can have this item.

- Once the usage period is finished, the item disappears from the borrowers inventory and returns to the original owners inventory.

- Borrowed items cannot be traded, liquidated, altered (through awakes or jewels) or stashed.
    This + OP’s suggestions sound great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achates View Post
    Hi Dev, can we get a rework on Ebon Staff's Proc soon? Sorry but i think its not useful since it doesnt match mage's gameplay, it is different to other ebon weaps such as Ebon Dag and Aegis. I know you have put it on improvement list already, but it is better to rework it as soon as possible to make the weapon worth again
    Ty for listening to us devs, love you all :3
    Have a nice day ^-^
    I don't think there's a point in changing 3 year old weapons now.
    Retired

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I don't think there's a point in changing 3 year old weapons now.
    For me, there is. Even if it is an old weapon, it still need to be used, lots of people skip the weap only because of its proc doesnt good. I saw devs already put them in Improvement lists but they havent change it until now. I wish they implement it sooner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    In the past a friend and I discussed how nice it would be to have a sort of borrowing/lending system:

- You give someone an item to use but instead set a period of time in which the person can have this item.

- Once the usage period is finished, the item disappears from the borrowers inventory and returns to the original owners inventory.

- Borrowed items cannot be traded, liquidated, altered (through awakes or jewels) or stashed.

It as been suggest many time and of course it would kill the game,
    if u can borrow anything you lose the will and motivation to grind for your own gears or van,
    and to grind for your own stuff is the essence of this games,
    and if i remember, Cinco said almost the same thing

So sorry but its a big NO for me and many other i'm sure

Wish you all a nice day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This would be epic if implemented.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

+1 for this idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

In the past I also had good thoughts about a borrowing system.
    But then I thought what will happen in leaderboards.
    Imagine that a a top hydra/flylord/EVG player will lend his gears to 10 of his friends, no one else would have a chance to get a top score.
    Same thing will happen in event such as swamp temple.
    Terrible idea, don't do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

-1 or +1?

After reading what everyone above have said, I see 2 obvious problems so far if Borrow/Return through email is implemented:

Problem 1: Drama
    Problem 2: No Demand to Purchase Items

Problem 1:
    More drama will surface not just exposure of players ID in forum, hateful discussions, we will also start seeing threads in traders forum "Borrowing ice spirit set, borrow Skratch staff"
    Discussion of problem 1:
    -Is this really still a common problem in todays forum?
    -Is there a point to reduce drama when it is literally happening every minute?
    -Put it another way, isn't more drama equal more players activity in game/forum?
    Solution 1:
    Typical Dev actions
    - As usual, warn people who expose IDs, closing threads. Next, Disallow borrowing through forum/only in game.
    Conclusion 1: Not a big problem.

Problem 2:
    As many discussed above, if they can REPEATEDLY borrow any desirable items, there's absolutely 0 incentive to buy any item to hold for long term.
    Discussion of problem 2:
    - Strictly speaking, this problem is only valid for items that are used once like uller/himi/etc sets when solution 2 is implemented.
    - As for desirable vanities where people work their aas off to own, they mostly buy to hold them for a good long term profit, and borrowing won't allow that to happen.
    Solution 2:
    "Borrow Tickets" System. Set a Max Borrow limit, and max borrow time
    - Similar to Hotbars/Battle tokens/House Stamps, a New plat item can be implemented. People need to buy "Borrow Tickets" in order to borrow any item each time. Only 3 Tickets can be used on any item in any given week. (For every item/per week, there's a limit of say, 3 times anyone can borrow)
    - One can only borrow up to a maximum of 30mins each time they borrow which is enough to test out the weapon/vanity. At the end of the borrow time, the item will be returned to the owner regardless if either is offline/online.
    Conclusion 2 : New plat avenue for dev and plat players, new money making opportunities for f2p.

So?

+1 from me.

Mail borrow/return is a good suggestion but needs to be refined to avoid misuse/scams/unnecessary problems.
    Last edited by Analytical; 02-04-2021 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Bolded text

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
    In the past I also had good thoughts about a borrowing system.
    But then I thought what will happen in leaderboards.
    Imagine that a a top hydra/flylord/EVG player will lend his gears to 10 of his friends, no one else would have a chance to get a top score.
    Same thing will happen in event such as swamp temple.
    Terrible idea, don't do it.
    people already borrow items for both, this makes it easier on anyone who chooses to lend gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

As much as I like the lending and borrowing idea, it just won’t get implemented. It reduces incentive to buy gears and sts wants that incentive to get $$$$.
    However, i do not see anything wrong with sending items through the mail system. It’s has the same risks as what we have now when we give players gears, this just makes it more convenient
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

-1 Dont think we should stimulate borrowing items ingame. In some situations it even feels as cheating. I seen people reach lb with other ppls gear in a day! while other people who work hard for their gold / items dont have a chance. Pretty unfair to those..
    Therefor there should always be a huge risk to borrowing items. And the people who borrow items to others should think twice and dont start crying when someone takes of with their items. If a friend asks if he/she can loan something I would doubt their intentions. Especially since they dont have any risk losing something. If you feel like helping someone out and dont matter about the risk, then you can just gift someone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swoutttt View Post
    -1 Dont think we should stimulate borrowing items ingame. In some situations it even feels as cheating. I seen people reach lb with other ppls gear in a day! while other people who work hard for their gold / items dont have a chance. Pretty unfair to those..
    Therefor there should always be a huge risk to borrowing items. And the people who borrow items to others should think twice and dont start crying when someone takes of with their items. If a friend asks if he/she can loan something I would doubt their intentions. Especially since they dont have any risk losing something. If you feel like helping someone out and dont matter about the risk, then you can just gift someone.
    Did you even read what others have said above lol before throwing the same exact comment xD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    -1 or +1?

After reading what everyone above have said, I see 2 obvious problems so far if Borrow/Return through email is implemented:

Problem 1:
    More drama will surface not just exposure of players ID in forum, hateful discussions, we will also start seeing threads in traders forum "Borrowing ice spirit set, borrow Skratch staff"
    Discussion of problem 1:
    -Put it another way, isn't more drama equal more players activity in game/forum?
    Solution 1:
    Typical Dev actions
    - As usual, warn people who expose IDs, closing threads. Next, Disallow borrowing through forum/only in game.

Problem 2:
    As many discussed above, if they can REPEATEDLY borrow any desirable items, there's absolutely 0 incentive to buy any item to hold for long term.
    Discussion of problem 2:
    - Strictly speaking, this problem is only valid for items that are used once like uller/himi/etc sets when solution 2 is implemented.
    - As for desirable vanities where people work their aas off to own, they mostly buy to hold them for a good long term profit, and borrowing won't allow that to happen.
    Solution 2:
    - Similar to Hotbars/Battle tokens/House Stamps, a New plat item can be implemented. People need to buy "Borrow Tickets" in order to borrow any item each time. Only 3 Tickets can be used on any item in any given week. (For every item/per week, there's a limit of say, 3 times anyone can borrow)
    - One can only borrow up to a maximum of 30mins each time they borrow which is enough to test out the weapon/vanity. At the end of the borrow time, the item will be returned to the owner regardless if either is offline/online.
    Conclusion 2 : New plat avenue for dev and plat players, new money making opportunities for f2p.

So?

+1 from me.

Mail borrow/return is a good suggestion but needs to be refined to avoid misuse/scams/unnecessary problems.
    wait so you mean only uller himi vili can be borrowed or any other items just for 30 minutes? you know what this borrow system is nonsense if thats for that purpose only because you can just give an equal amount of value to those items as security, then you can borrow it. As for the lb vanities the lb vanities owner can turn this as to be more lucrative for them because practically they can ask people to rent their vanities and pay, and ofc ppl would do since they want to take selfies wearing them. And to sum it up what point? to borrow? Well, just to wear your dream goal vanity? nonsense! (basically gears are excluded here since if there is maximum time of 30 minutes only, in which they should be the main subject of the debate of what their effects on the economy and gameplay).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

-1 or +1?

Problem 1:
    Discussion of problem 1:
    Solution 1:
    Typical Dev actions

Problem 2:
    Discussion of problem 2:
    Solution 2:

So?

+1 from me.

and to point out these stigma, when player is rich you guys refered to them as P2W then others are F2P, come on its not hard to make gold in this game, game has transformed very f2p these days, lot of avenues where you can make gold. Ask these newbies yes newbies not F2P to farm and earn their gold, stop being lazy and ask for shortcuts. And to tell you what much P2W differ? 1700 plats in opening crates wouldnt even guarantee you a 100m, 1700 plats in crates in some case woundnt even give you any good loot, well in fact in the F2P are much richer than P2W these days yes youll be shocked game is more F2P nowadays!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dynastygaming View Post
    wait so you mean only uller himi vili can be borrowed or any other items just for 30 minutes? you know what this borrow system is nonsense if thats for that purpose only because you can just give an equal amount of value to those items as security, then you can borrow it. As for the lb vanities the lb vanities owner can turn this as to be more lucrative for them because practically they can ask people to rent their vanities and pay, and ofc ppl would do since they want to take selfies wearing them. And to sum it up what point? to borrow? Well, just to wear your dream goal vanity? nonsense! (basically gears are excluded here since if there is maximum time of 30 minutes only, in which they should be the main subject of the debate of what their effects on the economy and gameplay).
    I'm not sure if you are actually reading what I'm saying. Allow me to clarify:
    1. Uller, Himi and vili sets are simply examples where people can take advantage of the borrow system to not have to buy them for quest use as it might take pretty short time for them to complete.
    2. What I was referring to is for any item in Arlor, you get a 30 min trial but only at a maximum of 3 times per week/per month for each item. Which means the limit (whether its set as once or thrice per week/month) fulfils the purpose of "trying something out" instead of "renting everything in Arlor and not buying anything"
    3. To be clear, I'm suggesting the above as per RELEVANT as well as an improvement to the suggestion provided to the OP so that whatever is suggested by the OP becomes pragmatically more workable. Put it another way, I'm trying to offer solutions instead of some others who might be trash talking with no constructive help.

Now back to your comments.
    1. Yes it's true there's no need for borrow system when you can trade an equally valued items as security, have mentioned that multiple times in my past posts. Nothing new here. The reason for this mail borrow and return system is focused on the RETURN side of things. The security only works if I don't mind losing my item given that I have something in hand to sell for should the borrower not return back. But what if I want to make sure the item I borrow gets returned back? Like rare OP gears? This is when the automated mail return system is useful once the borrow time is up the item will be automatically returned to the owner.
    2. As for the Desirable Vanities, LB or not, have you not try out your new year clothes in the fitting rooms before? And what's so bad about not buying but renting something you like for 30mins while knowing it will not affect the sales of the item but more likely be a promotion to others to buy this rented item? And if you read my comment, you would notice I have addressed the possibility of someone ruining the vanities market by saying what actual buyers of such vanities are thinking of making profit in the long run. Meaning they will buy the vanity because of its rarity not based on how many times any random dude has borrowed it.

Anyway, thank your for the input but you don't have to call a suggestion as nonsense even if you don't agree with it. Peace.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I'm not sure if you are actually reading what I'm saying. Allow me to clarify:
    1. Uller, Himi and vili sets are simply examples where people can take advantage of the borrow system to not have to buy them for quest use as it might take pretty short time for them to complete.
    2. What I was referring to is for any item in Arlor, you get a 30 min trial but only at a maximum of 3 times per week/per month for each item. Which means the limit (whether its set as once or thrice per week/month) fulfils the purpose of "trying something out" instead of "renting everything in Arlor and not buying anything"
    3. To be clear, I'm suggesting the above as per RELEVANT as well as an improvement to the suggestion provided to the OP so that whatever is suggested by the OP becomes pragmatically more workable. Put it another way, I'm trying to offer solutions instead of some others who might be trash talking with no constructive help.

Now back to your comments.
    1. Yes it's true there's no need for borrow system when you can trade an equally valued items as security, have mentioned that multiple times in my past posts. Nothing new here. The reason for this mail borrow and return system is focused on the RETURN side of things. The security only works if I don't mind losing my item given that I have something in hand to sell for should the borrower not return back. But what if I want to make sure the item I borrow gets returned back? Like rare OP gears? This is when the automated mail return system is useful once the borrow time is up the item will be automatically returned to the owner.
    2. As for the Desirable Vanities, LB or not, have you not try out your new year clothes in the fitting rooms before? And what's so bad about not buying but renting something you like for 30mins while knowing it will not affect the sales of the item but more likely be a promotion to others to buy this rented item? And if you read my comment, you would notice I have addressed the possibility of someone ruining the vanities market by saying what actual buyers of such vanities are thinking of making profit in the long run. Meaning they will buy the vanity because of its rarity not based on how many times any random dude has borrowed it.

Anyway, thank your for the input but you don't have to call a suggestion as nonsense even if you don't agree with it. Peace.
    well,

1. yes the 30 minute rule can work on uller,vili and himi yes because it requires only for quest. but by giving same value item as security theres no need for it.

2. so basically your saying is that, this is to be implemented because new players can try items such as vanities and yes the expensive ones. that's just nonsense update so that you can try items like fitting room. lol think of the sure scenarios:

a. those with lb vanities will let them try, for rent, and of course they will buy since they will take selfies. so is that what u want? this update is for that only? that all players can try all their dream vanities take selfies and you think they will still have the aspiration to get it? you know vanities are meant to be as a result of your hardwork owning one represents your hardwork or dedicacy in arlor, now if your wearing one clearly its disparage because players would think its just borrowed. And if u rent your dream vanity, surely your goal to have that wouldnt that be satisfying anymore. so renting these are just "hi im lvl 55 i just played al last month, oh i want that yeah i want that all even though im a newbie!".

to sum it up, only fools got scammed and if you want to borrow just give with equal collateral and there is no shortcut for everything, dont be jealous . had u tried playing test server of al? when u can try everything? in just 2 days ill swear you will uninstall al!

chao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dynastygaming View Post
    well,

1. yes the 30 minute rule can work on uller,vili and himi yes because it requires only for quest. but by giving same value item as security theres no need for it.

2. so basically your saying is that, this is to be implemented because new players can try items such as vanities and yes the expensive ones. that's just nonsense update so that you can try items like fitting room. lol think of the sure scenarios:

a. those with lb vanities will let them try, for rent, and of course they will buy since they will take selfies. so is that what u want? this update is for that only? that all players can try all their dream vanities take selfies and you think they will still have the aspiration to get it? you know vanities are meant to be as a result of your hardwork owning one represents your hardwork or dedicacy in arlor, now if your wearing one clearly its disparage because players would think its just borrowed. And if u rent your dream vanity, surely your goal to have that wouldnt that be satisfying anymore. so renting these are just "hi im lvl 55 i just played al last month, oh i want that yeah i want that all even though im a newbie!".

to sum it up, only fools got scammed and if you want to borrow just give with equal collateral and there is no shortcut for everything, dont be jealous . had u tried playing test server of al? when u can try everything? in just 2 days ill swear you will uninstall al!

chao
    Kindly read the OP thread before you even comment any further, at least respect the OP by actually reading before throwing comments.
    In case you got too excited to cherry pick on the vanity part of my suggestions, mind yourself that the focus of OP here is the "returning" of borrowed items

1. No idea why keep repeating "Why there's no need for this when there's security deposit" when I have already addressed this twice. Well, not an issue I will bold it for you "The security only works if I don't mind losing my item given that I have something in hand to sell for should the borrower not return back. But what if I want to make sure the item I borrow gets returned back? Like rare OP gears? This is when the automated mail return system is useful once the borrow time is up the item will be automatically returned to the owner."

2. Correct me if I get this wrong: you are worried that once "they" borrowed the items, "they" won't have the goal to acquire for that said item hence destroying the vanities prices. You might have missed out on something: Why do "they" want these rare vanities? For what purpose?
    A. "They" simply want to try it out and feel awesome/flex even for a short while
    B. "They" want to own the vanity and make good profit by selling way later.
    C. "They" want both A and B.

By "they" I'm assuming there are two main groups of people you are talking about.

One is the group that hopes sts, their friends, the rich to hand them over items and gold as though we are their mums and dads which on most occasions they ended up in cities begging, in forum complaining etc. Two is another group of people who work hard to get the items they want, whether it is OP gear, rare vanities etc. For the second group of people, a good majority buy vanities to hopefully make good profit out of it by keeping them for long term.

Now I'm curious, if you are selling your medusa set would you target group 1 or 2?

3. "And if u rent your dream vanity, surely your goal to have that wouldnt that be satisfying anymore. so renting these are just "hi im lvl 55 i just played al last month, oh i want that yeah i want that all even though im a newbie!"."

Can't this be a more realistic, reachable milestone for the "newbies"?

Say medusa set for example, can a newbie afford it without plat? Ofc not!
    Wait, but renting it for 5m even for just 30mins? Sounds like a possible goal now.
    Don't you think this helps selling in a way?

If renting does not affect selling, can't renting & selling be separately discussed?
    Last edited by Analytical; 02-06-2021 at 12:20 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Kindly read the OP thread before you even comment any further, at least respect the OP by actually reading before throwing comments.
    In case you got too excited to cherry pick on the vanity part of my suggestions, mind yourself that the focus of OP here is the "returning" of borrowed items

1. No idea why keep repeating "Why there's no need for this when there's security deposit" when I have already addressed this twice. Well, not an issue I will bold it for you "The security only works if I don't mind losing my item given that I have something in hand to sell for should the borrower not return back. But what if I want to make sure the item I borrow gets returned back? Like rare OP gears? This is when the automated mail return system is useful once the borrow time is up the item will be automatically returned to the owner."

2. Correct me if I get this wrong: you are worried that once "they" borrowed the items, "they" won't have the goal to acquire for that said item hence destroying the vanities prices. You might have missed out on something: Why do "they" want these rare vanities? For what purpose?
    A. "They" simply want to try it out and feel awesome/flex even for a short while
    B. "They" want to own the vanity and make good profit by selling way later.
    C. "They" want both A and B.

By "they" I'm assuming there are two main groups of people you are talking about.

One is the group that hopes sts, their friends, the rich to hand them over items and gold as though we are their mums and dads which on most occasions they ended up in cities begging, in forum complaining etc. Two is another group of people who work hard to get the items they want, whether it is OP gear, rare vanities etc. For the second group of people, a good majority buy vanities to hopefully make good profit out of it by keeping them for long term.

Now I'm curious, if you are selling your medusa set would you target group 1 or 2?

3. "And if u rent your dream vanity, surely your goal to have that wouldnt that be satisfying anymore. so renting these are just "hi im lvl 55 i just played al last month, oh i want that yeah i want that all even though im a newbie!"."

Can't this be a more realistic, reachable milestone for the "newbies"?

Say medusa set for example, can a newbie afford it without plat? Ofc not!
    Wait, but renting it for 5m even for just 30mins? Sounds like a possible goal now.
    Don't you think this helps selling in a way?

If renting does not affect selling, can't renting & selling be separately discussed?
    I read what OP had said but I just found in unnecessary because it just seems sus when you lend an item and both of you can't meet in same time, as I construe it the borrower is having intention of not returning it. You know in first place borrowing should not be permitted because the main goal right is to get much gold to buy these gears and vanities, and now if you can borrow them, then what's your goal? anymore?

Okay, rare op gears. Listen, as what you had suggested you want it to be limited to 30 minutes only, now, what will the players do in 30 minutes? for what intention? as you see it can lead only to exploitations like doing lb orrick/timed runs and other events.

LB vanities, your talking on your hunch only, if you cant afford a medusa then you have a chance to rent on it, for sure you wont aspire to buy medusa anymore because 1st of their high price 2nd you can borrow it anytime, anywhere take selfies on it, idk why "rare vanities" are such a big deal to you they are "rare" because they are precious and as I reiterated they are the fruit of the hardwork and dedications of the players, why are you so concerned about the newbies let them farm lol, plenty of ways to do we have egg zavier, house event, all events are lucrative and designed mostly for the new players. you can earn 100-200m of those if ur hardworking. and see they want to try it out flex on a little lol clearly your asking for a shortcut of dreams, what could be the different for the original owner? when all have the chance to wear them? even for 30 minutes, all will have the same feel the same in everything? I would just then sell my medusa and just borrow one when Im missing it. Nonsense!

Lastly, "Say medusa set for example, can a newbie afford it without plat? OFC not" and ofc its hard how would you think a newbie to have 2 billion in 1 month? omg thats common sense. so your implying is the original medusa owner who worked his 2b for 3 years, 4 years, 5 years he' well dedicated to the game and medusa is so much memories to him from his toiling should give way to the newbie who doesnt even know how auction works perhaps. You see? its nonsense! not like this billions of these players have were just a leprechaun leave they had found in street, they worked hard for it! why not these newbies too? come on? sorry i just think that suggestion are hoping for lazy work.