Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Send items through the mail

  1. #1
    Senior Member Lawpvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,415
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default Send items through the mail

    I think it would be nice if we could send items through the mail. I borrowed a noxious set from a friend a couple weeks ago. He asked for it back a couple days ago but we haven't been online at the same time. Furthermore, I lent a friend a pernicious set like a month ago. I've been tryin to get it back for the last 2 weeks. But once again, we haven't been online at the same time. I missed him by 15 minutes yesterday. Given this community has players from around the world in different timezones, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has encountered a situation like this. That being said, I think it would be nice if there was a way to send people items through the mail instead of needing to be online at the same time to trade/give. World of Warcraft allows you to send items through the mail. They don't even have an account wide stash like we do in Arlor. If you wanna transfer items between characters you use the mailbox and it sends items instantly.

    Anyone else think this would be a worthwhile change for the sake of convenience?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    223
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    115
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    I think it would be nice if we could send items through the mail. I borrowed a noxious set from a friend a couple weeks ago. He asked for it back a couple days ago but we haven't been online at the same time. Furthermore, I lent a friend a pernicious set like a month ago. I've been tryin to get it back for the last 2 weeks. But once again, we haven't been online at the same time. I missed him by 15 minutes yesterday. Given this community has players from around the world in different timezones, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has encountered a situation like this. That being said, I think it would be nice if there was a way to send people items through the mail instead of needing to be online at the same time to trade/give. World of Warcraft allows you to send items through the mail. They don't even have an account wide stash like we do in Arlor. If you wanna transfer items between characters you use the mailbox and it sends items instantly.

    Anyone else think this would be a worthwhile change for the sake of convenience?
    Great idea imo +1


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Banned almountajn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    373
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    I think it would be nice if we could send items through the mail. I borrowed a noxious set from a friend a couple weeks ago. He asked for it back a couple days ago but we haven't been online at the same time. Furthermore, I lent a friend a pernicious set like a month ago. I've been tryin to get it back for the last 2 weeks. But once again, we haven't been online at the same time. I missed him by 15 minutes yesterday. Given this community has players from around the world in different timezones, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has encountered a situation like this. That being said, I think it would be nice if there was a way to send people items through the mail instead of needing to be online at the same time to trade/give. World of Warcraft allows you to send items through the mail. They don't even have an account wide stash like we do in Arlor. If you wanna transfer items between characters you use the mailbox and it sends items instantly.

    Anyone else think this would be a worthwhile change for the sake of convenience?
    +1

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    219
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almountajn View Post
    +1

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk
    +1. New options should always be welcomed.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Saint Jaffo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Posts
    731
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    127
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

    Default

    I like this idea. You should polish it with security details. The player must confirm 2 times before sending an item. The player that receives must confirm that it was received. This in case a player says "Oh no bro, I didn't received the item, I think the mailing system is glitched" and runs away with the items you sent. Of course, the player who sends "x item" is responsible in case that items doesn't gets back to its owner.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Lawpvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,415
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jaffo View Post
    I like this idea. You should polish it with security details. The player must confirm 2 times before sending an item. The player that receives must confirm that it was received. This in case a player says "Oh no bro, I didn't received the item, I think the mailing system is glitched" and runs away with the items you sent. Of course, the player who sends "x item" is responsible in case that items doesn't gets back to its owner.
    Yah there should definitely be a confirmation button so that people don't accidentally send things. But I think a system like this would be more for sending items to friends that you aren't worried about possibly scamming you. If I was dealing with a rando then I'd just use the normal trade functionality

  8. #7
    Senior Member Neutrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,096
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    268
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    90
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

    Default

    In the past a friend and I discussed how nice it would be to have a sort of borrowing/lending system:

    - You give someone an item to use but instead set a period of time in which the person can have this item.

    - Once the usage period is finished, the item disappears from the borrowers inventory and returns to the original owners inventory.

    - Borrowed items cannot be traded, liquidated, altered (through awakes or jewels) or stashed.

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Member omg_its_Amy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Germany, NDS
    Posts
    179
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    117
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    43
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

    Default

    We got a "arlor time". It is not that difficult to schedule a meeting at a specific time. But only cuz it's not important enough for u both to return items I see no reason for sts to change anything

    Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to omg_its_Amy For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Senior Member Lawpvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,415
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omg_its_Amy View Post
    We got a "arlor time". It is not that difficult to schedule a meeting at a specific time. But only cuz it's not important enough for u both to return items I see no reason for sts to change anything

    Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk
    please explain how it's possible to "schedule a meeting at a specific time" when you have no other form of communication with the person other than in game chat. I'll wait

  13. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    52
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    In the past a friend and I discussed how nice it would be to have a sort of borrowing/lending system:

    - You give someone an item to use but instead set a period of time in which the person can have this item.

    - Once the usage period is finished, the item disappears from the borrowers inventory and returns to the original owners inventory.

    - Borrowed items cannot be traded, liquidated, altered (through awakes or jewels) or stashed.
    Whatever ur sayin will kill the game ..there is no use then i can borrow icegolem set and then wat????? I will br bored and i will eventually quit as i have seen the best set on game ......

    Please think through before suggesting .... pls dont waste time of people who open forum to see such unthought suggestions

    -fellow arlorian

  14. #11
    Senior Member Lawpvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,415
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lookupnabs View Post
    Whatever ur sayin will kill the game ..there is no use then i can borrow icegolem set and then wat????? I will br bored and i will eventually quit as i have seen the best set on game ......

    Please think through before suggesting .... pls dont waste time of people who open forum to see such unthought suggestions

    -fellow arlorian
    I wholeheartedly disagree. I have a friend that used to lend his ice spirit set to a few people. None of them decided to quit because they had "seen the best set."

    I think most players have greater aspirations than to equip a vanity set one time and then quit.

  15. #12
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    374
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    54
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    63
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

    Default

    This is a great idea but I feel like its one of those ideas that everyone likes the sound of but sts never implement for whatever reason.

  16. #13
    Member omg_its_Amy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Germany, NDS
    Posts
    179
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    117
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    43
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    please explain how it's possible to "schedule a meeting at a specific time" when you have no other form of communication with the person other than in game chat. I'll wait
    Wanna tell me none of u got a house? Idky u lend gear to someone u can't eveb contact. Kinda ur problem.

    Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk

  17. #14
    Senior Member flashio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    857
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    23
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    118
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

    Default

    You should try to post this in the suggestions and feedback section. +1from me
    IGN: Boingon
    A warrior to the very core.
    Proud officer of Deviant Misfits. We aim to misbehave!

  18. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    219
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lookupnabs View Post
    Whatever ur sayin will kill the game ..there is no use then i can borrow icegolem set and then wat????? I will br bored and i will eventually quit as i have seen the best set on game ......

    Please think through before suggesting .... pls dont waste time of people who open forum to see such unthought suggestions

    -fellow arlorian
    It will actually make the game more enjoyable. No scam, no bullsh*t.
    -1 for ur unnecessary comment

  19. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    219
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omg_its_Amy View Post
    Wanna tell me none of u got a house? Idky u lend gear to someone u can't eveb contact. Kinda ur problem.

    Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 8 Pro mit Tapatalk
    The idea is good. Change which gives more freedom is always good. This can effect the game positively and can be a great help to new players. Many of us dont lend to new players or poor players because we dont wanna be scammed. This system would resolve this quite effectively.
    As op mentioned, item can be sent through mail with the borrow/loan implemented. I can just then loan the equip that i am not using to any player with having control over the period by which i want the item to be returned.
    Last edited by Gaurav Arora; 01-31-2021 at 04:14 PM.

  20. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Great idea! This would stop people from “borrowing” gear from “friends” and blocking them afterwards. If you disagree with no logical reason and just speak out of your *** you’re probably the type of person to “borrow” gear and block them afterwards

  21. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,351
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    147
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    193
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

    Default

    Cool! @-@


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    261
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

    Default

    This would be a cool idea.... If i had friends

  23. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    219
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    29
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRIN View Post
    ill answer this question so the devs wont have to.


























































































    NO
    Why are u so opposed to a new system which can reduce scams? Are u a scammer urself and thats why against this?
    And who the f are u to say no from dev side?

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaurav Arora For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can i send pic here?
    By GuessWhat in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2020, 03:54 AM
  2. Canít send dms
    By dhruvsharma2600 in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2020, 04:12 AM
  3. Please send me an E-Mail
    By ygb1987 in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 02:53 PM
  4. Latest e-mail send: Invite to play Slouch-O Productions
    By Samhayne in forum Websites and Forum Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 08:16 PM
  5. Mail boxes (items and char) with push notifications
    By Volksy in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 05:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •