Thread: Useful Tanks - Balance Idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Default Useful Tanks - Balance Idea

The Problem that Rogues and Mages are tanky enough to solo run is the main reason why tanks are not needed. In my opinion one of the main reasons for tanky Rogues and Mages are the Potions. Our holy potions... It's not just about the mob damage. Who cares when you lose half your hp by 1 hit, when you can spam potions to keep yourself alive? The mobs are dealing an insane amount of damage equal to other Mmorpgs.

If you want to make the maps hard, teamworkbased, and role supporting, you better decrease the damage output of mobs - but disable potions. This way you need to avoid damage at anytime, and you would be thankful for a tanky Warrior(they need more aggro pull), a healing and stunning mage, and a rogue to get more damage done.

Of course you need hard enemies, else it's just about killing them before dying. Don't decrease the dmg to much, because then you can survive with your own heal skill. A decreased damage output for mobs would also give warriors time to save teammates when they suddenly get the aggro. Without the use of potions, any damage is dangerous, and without a tank you'll die fast even with less op mobs.

Or just decrease the heal amount of potions, or give them some cooldown, to prevent spamming.

That's only a raw idea, I just wanted to show that it's not all about dmg and hp. There are many other instruments that can be used to controll the gameplay. Thanks for your time!

Gesendet von meinem SM-A705FN mit Tapatalk
    Dragons are overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

They can add a cooldown between potion use...

~Avta~

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Lol rogue is tanky enough yeah right but need so many ankhs and rogue is number one farm deaths class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Lol rogue is tanky enough yeah right but need so many ankhs and rogue is number one farm deaths class.
    Yah just play with a tank maybe? I think that would reduce the number of deaths...

Dragons are overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post
    The Problem that Rogues and Mages are tanky enough to solo run is the main reason why tanks are not needed. In my opinion one of the main reasons for tanky Rogues and Mages are the Potions. Our holy potions... It's not just about the mob damage. Who cares when you lose half your hp by 1 hit, when you can spam potions to keep yourself alive? The mobs are dealing an insane amount of damage equal to other Mmorpgs.

If you want to make the maps hard, teamworkbased, and role supporting, you better decrease the damage output of mobs - but disable potions. This way you need to avoid damage at anytime, and you would be thankful for a tanky Warrior(they need more aggro pull), a healing and stunning mage, and a rogue to get more damage done.

Of course you need hard enemies, else it's just about killing them before dying. Don't decrease the dmg to much, because then you can survive with your own heal skill. A decreased damage output for mobs would also give warriors time to save teammates when they suddenly get the aggro. Without the use of potions, any damage is dangerous, and without a tank you'll die fast even with less op mobs.

Or just decrease the heal amount of potions, or give them some cooldown, to prevent spamming.

That's only a raw idea, I just wanted to show that it's not all about dmg and hp. There are many other instruments that can be used to controll the gameplay. Thanks for your time!

Yea- no thanks.

Imbalance is caused by broken gear procs and unequal distribution of power in terms of skills and ultimates.. that is what is needed to be addressed.

Disabling potions will just make things worse for DPS classes especially for rogues. Let's say this gets implemented, speaking from a rogue perspective, none of our skills offer survivability. You may say that this is where the two other classes come into play, but hey, skill cooldowns exists and this period leaves us vulnerable to any sort of damage...not to mention how fast our mana drains for each attack...easier said, disabling potions will simply destroy our functionality even more.
    amare et sapere vix deo conceditur

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aldous View Post
    Yea- no thanks.

Imbalance is caused by broken gear procs and unequal distribution of power in terms of skills and ultimates.. that is what is needed to be addressed.

Disabling potions will just make things worse for DPS classes especially for rogues. Let's say this gets implemented, speaking from a rogue perspective, none of our skills offer survivability. You may say that this is where the two other classes come into play, but hey, skill cooldowns exists and this period leaves us vulnerable to any sort of damage...not to mention how fast our mana drains for each attack...easier said, disabling potions will simply destroy our functionality even more.
    Read until the end, he suggested having cooldown between potions.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stormydragon View Post

If you want to make the maps hard, teamworkbased, and role supporting, you better decrease the damage output of mobs - but disable potions This way you need to avoid damage at anytime, and you would be thankful for a tanky Warrior(they need more aggro pull), a healing and stunning mage, and a rogue to get more damage done.

Of course you need hard enemies, else it's just about killing them before dying. Don't decrease the dmg to much, because then you can survive with your own heal skill. A decreased damage output for mobs would also give warriors time to save teammates when they suddenly get the aggro. Without the use of potions any damage is dangerous, and without a tank you'll die fast even with less op mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Read until the end, he suggested having cooldown between potions.
    Highlighted it for ya.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Highlighted it for ya.
    Yes I'm aware he mentioned disable pots at first.

At the end however he basically improved on his own idea. To either decrease heal amount or introduce cooldown

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I dont think it's a good idea itself, i think abt it more like a "cover" which will mess up our gameplay and wont be so helpful to the tanks.
    I'll add that i'm pretty sure we'll return very fast to the old nub screams: "mageeeeee maaaaanaaaa" and "taaankk heaaaaaallll", lines which i honestly dont wanna hear anymore.
    Joking apart, i guess we've had enough "nerfs", first the stacking procs, after the slight dmg reduction for rogues, and honestly i always run with tanks and i never left a map, despite the tank being slow, before or after their lil buff to dmg.
    We're at the beginning of a new expansion and it reminds me all the panick we seen at very start of the planar tombs.
    Kinda sure the devs r cooking smth which will be very useful for all, stay positive and dont lose hope.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kharjojo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Terrible idea for anyone who plays random maps.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Msrobinsonal For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yea- no thanks.

Agreed

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Nerfing potions sounds like it might help w tanks being wanted but when you run random and don’t get a tank why should other classes suffer?

I’m pro tank as long as they aren’t trying to make other classes worse as this seems to be
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Why do you need potion when u can get one shotted by reflection am i right? Xd

ign Battling /irg /answer
    Custom banner 4m pm me ⌥[▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▍ ]⚠

Answer

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

As somebody that does high level dungeons in World of Warcraft, my main complaint regarding pve in this game is that there is too much unavoidable damage which forces me to spam potions. I don't want to spam potions. I want people to to have to heal eachother, like how mages in Pocket Legends were the healers and how every dungeon in WoW has a dedicated healer. Reduce mob auto attack damage so potion spam isn't so necessary and increase the amount of special attacks that have to be dodged

Or alternatively, give tanks better taunts so they can actually tank the mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    As somebody that does high level dungeons in World of Warcraft, my main complaint regarding pve in this game is that there is too much unavoidable damage which forces me to spam potions. I don't want to spam potions. I want people to to have to heal eachother, like how mages in Pocket Legends were the healers and how every dungeon in WoW has a dedicated healer. Reduce mob auto attack damage so potion spam isn't so necessary and increase the amount of special attacks that have to be dodged

+1 ( out of thx)

But that last sentence I think is maybe the biggest elephant in the room
    Taunt needs a rework

In pl there are plenty of taunts for the (effective!) warrior, but there, the highest damager took aggro (usually mage/fox/bird)

I think that might happen here also, that the highest damage may overshadow taunts
    The alternative may be that wars don’t upgrade skills to have taunt if they are looking to maximize damage?

Am I off base?
    Do any rogue’s have that experience of gaining aggro with a tank?

Sorry if this is a side track, I think it relates to op, & I’m honesty curious
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    +1 ( out of thx)

Do any rogue’s have that experience of gaining aggro with a tank?
    Did a couple of Mecharydon runs and what you mentioned is actually happening. I was able to steal the taunt from a tank whenever I deal damage that is amplified by combined procs and the 6/6 set, so yes, highest damagers can actually steal taunts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post

Yes true
    Thx for all Feedback! As i said, it was just a raw idea. The unavoidable damage is really a problem, in Wow you have also skills to interrupt many attacks of enemies, and the passive skills of tanks allows them to generate more aggro with less Dmg, i think we can learn much from there...

Dragons are overall