Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thread o' the Future: By the Legends Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default The Thread o' the Future: By the Legends Guild

DISCLAIMER: Before we begin we just want to start off by saying that Spacetime Studios has done an amazing job bringing this game to life. The creation of a MMORPG for the iPhone was no easy task, and Spacetime has done some fantastic work. The Devs at Spacetime are going a great job bring new content to the game quickly and have actively participated with the community on the forum. Our hats are off to Spacetime. The following list contains some of the improvements we would like to see implemented. This post was collectively written by Hurs, Dizko, Reaper and Azrael.

Hello everyone, we here at the Legends guild are here today to discuss some problems that we feel are urgently needing attention. And no, we don't mean 2+2.

1-STATS:

At this current point in the games' design, there are significant issues regarding the bonuses provided by Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence. In particular, Enchantresses and Warriors are suffering from Intelligence and Strength providing a very small bonus to their stats. Though it was a wise decision on the part of Spacetime Studios to try to create a system where players need to improve more than just one stat on a character, the current system has made Dexterity the best stat.

Warriors:

Currently, Warriors only gain health from Strength and do not gain any damage or armour bonus. While an armour increase may not be necessary, a damage and better health increase should be given to Warriors. The health increase provided by strength is far too low (around 1/2 a health per point of Strength). As the game stands right now for example, a level 12 Warrior with 40 points in strength only has 20 less health than a level 27 Warrior with 95 points in strength. Clearly the strength stat for Warriors leaves much to be desired.

Also, Warriors use just as much mana as the other classes. This is unfortunate because with 93 Strength being a requirement to equip level 30 gear, and Dexterity being required to boost damage (as well as hit and crit), putting points into Intelligence is out of the question. While we are not suggesting that Warriors should necessarily be putting points into Intelligence, the current system doesn't even make it an option. For instance, a damage warrior cannot specialize into Dexterity and Intelligence because the player would be unable to equip weapons (legitimately) and would also not be able to specialize in Strength and Intelligence because the Warrior would gain no damage, hit or crit.

Enchantress:

Currently Enchantresses only gain 1 point of m/s per 50 Intelligence, and about 1/2 a point of mana per Intelligence. Enchantresses do not gain a damage increase, or any other benefit from Intelligence. This has made Intelligence a rather meaningless stat. For whatever reason, Dexterity is providing all the damage, hit and crit bonuses to the Enchantress class, yet the class is magic-based. Intelligence does not even seem to improve the damage of actual spells either.

What this has resulted in is an ever increasing number of high level Enchantresses turning to the full Dexterity build, and using leather armor and bows as their equipment.

While Enchantresses should not have all their stats place in Intelligence, they should be gaining the majority of their magical damage and crit bonuses from intelligence. Dexterity would then still provide the hit and dodge bonus. Furthermore Intelligence should provide more mana and mana per second regeneration to the caster.

These screen shots compare an Intelligence Enchantress to a full Dexterity Enchantress. As you can see, the full Dexterity Enchantress has nearly the same mana supply with 1 Intelligence, yet has much higher dps, crit, hit and dodge. The minor lack of m/s is either easily made up for by gear, or sacrificed completely since mana pots easily fill this gap.
    [EDIT: Please note that although the DPS of the Enchantress with the Bow is covered, it is around 42, nearly double that of the Enchantress with the wand.]

2- POTIONS:

As most of us know, in-game gold is almost exclusively used to buy potions, with the exception of the occasional in-game item purchase. What we have now is a system where players "spam" potions in order to survive. Players can often go through 30+ potions in a single battle. Now whats the problem with this you may ask?

Well first off, the healing role of the Enchantress is all but marginalized by the excessive use of potions. Furthermore the other healing and regen abilities of Warriors and Archers are rendered moot. This also makes Health per second and Mana per Second unimportant stats, which then negatively affects how players invest their stat points when customizing their characters.

The solution to this, and we realize that this may not be a very "popular" idea at first with the community, is to introduce a short (and we do mean short) cooldown timer on the use of potions. This cooldown would be seperate for health potions and mana potions. This may also require characters to have more health, and for the regen skills of the warrior and archer classes to be inproved.

3- ITEMIZATION:

Although so far the itemization has been coming along very well in regards to the number of items available and the new graphics, Legendary and Epic loot items are often not very good compared to Greens and Orange items. Often times, the damage on a Legendary item is the same as its Green counterpart, and only includes 3 more Strength/Intelligence/Dexterity. Generally, the Green item will provide Crit, whereas the Legendary (pink) item will provide health per second, making the green item a much better choice.

4- The "Respec" Glitch:

Players can equip weapons and then respecialize, allowing them to use weapons that they do not have enough stats points to equip. Basically a level 30 Warrior can equip all of the best Warrior gear that requires 93 Strength, then pay for a respec and put all his points in Dexterity, and keep that same gear on that character. This should be nerfed. [Edit: There has been a report from a player after respecing but was unable to use auto attack until he had enough stat points to support the weapon he had equipped. More info to come when available.]

5- Frozen Mobs:

Sometimes when a mob is kited too far away from its spawn point, it will freeze instead of running back and regenerating its health. When this happens, there will be one mob left that cannot be killed, and the game room must be abandoned.

Conclusion:
    Thanks for reading, we appreciate any feedback the player base and developers might have regarding our ideas!
    Last edited by Azrael; 04-18-2010 at 04:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all of that sounds like a pretty good plan except the potions part. what happens if you dont have an enchantress? you're screwed is what will happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice post, I really hope the skills issue is addressed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not bad, there is some very valid observations in there. Im sure this will all get ironed out over time (I hope) but still, very interesting read.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Completely agree with everything... spceally after reading all night LEGENDS chat :P
    Witiza lvl 30 (Archer)
    Wamba lvl 20 (Warrior)
    LEGENDS Clan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the positive feedback!
    NO MATTER WHAT, I AM PROUD TO HAVE OWNED THE FIRST EVER GUILD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good sugestions and feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with everything Exept the idea about potions and the idea about Respec glitch, because that glitch is so fun. And I disagree about the potions idea because sometimes there is no enchantress in a party and but I do agree that all player's health should be dramatically increased. Oh and by the way I love the way you guys actually organized your ideas.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. Yes, we knew there would be some who would not agree with the potion cooldown, however keep in mind a 2-3 second cooldown was our general idea. This would mean having to make other changes as well... Some of which we suggested. The main point is that enchantess healing is hardly necessary, and often times players find themselves pressing the potion button much more than their skill buttons in fights.

On another note if you guys have any ideas we didn't mention feel free to post them in the thread.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

An interesting set of assumptions. But. 2010-04-09 Content Update (45589)
    -Revised how stats affect damage, hit, crit, and dodge (Dex and Int now influence damage, health, and health regen). End Quote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. Yes, we knew there would be some who would not agree with the potion cooldown, however keep in mind a 2-3 second cooldown was our general idea. This would mean having to make other changes as well... Some of which we suggested. The main point is that enchantess healing is hardly necessary, and often times players find themselves pressing the potion button much more than their skill buttons in fights.

On another note if you guys have any ideas we didn't mention feel free to post them in the thread.
    Dont really agree with the potions. This is because a boss monster can crit hit me for 50% of my health. I need to pot 3 times to get back to full health, and if I have to wait 5-10 seconds for that, it would be dangerous. He might punch my delicate face again. Death would be imminent and I dont have time to go type "heal plz"

Enchanters heal is rendered useless because frankly, most people dont play to be co-operative. Frankly I dont trust any enchantress to heal me, I rather not take the chance and rather spend some pots.

As for the respec glitch, though I do not approve of it, I think its a excellent way to encourage people to spend more money on the game lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    An interesting set of assumptions. But. 2010-04-09 Content Update (45589)
    -Revised how stats affect damage, hit, crit, and dodge (Dex and Int now influence damage, health, and health regen). End Quote.
    None of the points we made are assumptions. We have tested them thoroughly. I'm aware that you play an archer, and your class did gain damage from dex where before archers only gained damage from strength.
    Rest assure however we have respeced multiple enchantresses and warriors while figuring out what stats gave what bonuses to these classes. We are not mistaken in regards to the bonuses intelligence and strength provide to the warrior and enchantress classes on the stats display. The only "unknown" is whether intelligence gives a boost to spell damage (rather than wand damage, which it does not).
    Thank you for taking the time to read our post.

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    Dont really agree with the potions. This is because a boss monster can crit hit me for 50% of my health. I need to pot 3 times to get back to full health, and if I have to wait 5-10 seconds for that, it would be dangerous. He might punch my delicate face again. Death would be imminent and I dont have time to go type "heal plz"
    Enchanters heal is rendered useless because frankly, most people dont play to be co-operative. Frankly I dont trust any enchantress to heal me, I rather not take the chance and rather spend some pots.
    This boils down to what the game makers want an MMORPG to be. I'm not sure what class you play, but you seem to be making the point that you want to be able to solo the game. If the game is designed so that readily available potions make the game solo-able, and the games content can be cleared without relying on other players like a healer for example, then is this game even an MMORPG anymore?. Im no stranger to being disappointed by bad healers in an mmo, but is a boss even a boss if you can solo it?

We did note that warriors aren't getting enough health from strength and should have more, but that might not be the class you play. Also the posted specifically stated 2-3 second cooldown on pots rather than 5-10.
    Last edited by Azrael; 04-18-2010 at 04:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    None of these are assumptions. We have tested them thoroughly. I'm aware that you play an archer, and your class did gain damage from dex where before archers only gained damage from strength.
    Rest assure however we have respeced multiple enchantresses and warriors while figuring out what stats gave what bonuses to these classes. We are not mistaken in regards to the bonuses intelligence and strength provide to the warrior and enchantress classes on the stats display. The only "unknown" is whether intelligence gives a boost to spell damage (rather than wand damage, which it does not).
    Thank you for taking the time to read our post.

This boils down to what the game makers want an MMORPG to be. I'm not sure what class you play, but you seem to be making the point that you want to be able to solo the game. If the game is designed so that readily available potions make the game solo-able, and the games content can be cleared without relying on other players like a healer for example, then is this game even an MMORPG anymore?. Im no stranger to being disappointed by bad healers in an mmo, but is a boss even a boss if you can solo it?

We did note that warriors aren't getting enough health from strength and should have more, but that might not be the class you play. Also the posted specifically stated 2-3 second cooldown on pots rather than 5-10.

I think its vital that the game should have a solo-able factor.

This is because, its not a PC mmorpg where you can find parties and organise roles. bear: tank, elf: heal and aoe, chicken: dps teh boss okay lets go leeerrrooyyyy jeennnkinnns

no, this is a iphone game, where frankly I often am in games alone or with only 1 team mate, and we just merrily bash through the game together.

The more we seek to improve the tactility of game play and essentialness of teamwork, the less it becomes a game which I can pick up and play.

Teamwork should be something that improves the combat, but is not essential for a good game.

Annnd no I dont play warriors. This is because I am sympathetic to their plight, but because of said plight I rather play other classes. I do have a warrior but tis not my main. And yes, they need a revamp. Be it stat wise or item or skills, they really need something to make them a more appealing class.
    I said 5-10 seconds because I am referring to using 3 pots, to get back to full hp. which is important to me since I have some lag issues with bosses, They has long arms. They be hitting me from far away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

This is because, its not a PC mmorpg where you can find parties and organise roles. bear: tank, elf: heal and aoe, chicken: dps teh boss okay lets go leeerrrooyyyy jeennnkinnns
    Stepping away from the post for a second, Legends guild is actually using ventrillo while 5 manning through the new map pack and its a blast... even if its probably ridiculous that we are using vent for a game on our phones. The healer role hasn't been to vital, but Hurs's warrior has a really good tank spec and actually holds multi mob agro. Its fantastic when some guy comes into the vent chat and asks if we are playing WoW... "no wai dude... we're playing pocket legends"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quoting from In-Game: 2010-04-09 Content Update (45589)

However: I really appreciate your input. I was going to abandon my character going into level 20 as I had balanced the stats evenly across the three attributes. More or less as best I could. Because of which I could not equip loot. On making just a surface comparison with one presented by all of you!?!, I think I'll hold my character until the Dev's adjust requirements for equipping loot accordingly.

Alta: Level 28 / AJP: Level 20
    Kills: 2654 / Kills: 3670
    Deaths: 121 / Deaths: 63

STR: 1 / STR: 38
    DEX: 20 / DEX: 51
    INT: 130 / INT: 21

Hit%: 97 / Hit%: 94
    Crit: 12 / Crit: 11
    Dodge: 1 / Dodge: 4
    Health: 200 // Health: 269
    Regen: 0 / Regen: 1
    Mana: 365 / mana: 260
    Regen: 4 / Regen: 3
    Damage: 56-66 // Damage: 36-44
    DPS: 23 / DPS: 21
    Armor: 43 / Armor: 26

Character AJP is 8 levels below. And As Presently Equipped. Lvl. 10 Armor and a Lvl. 15 Bow at best. Not sure at the moment. Will check back with that.

Would be happy to present a screen shot. Not sure how. Didnt want to offend some by asking a question tht’s prbbly already been asked before. But as I said. Am happy to furnish the same shld which be necessary.

I also realize that the death/kill comp. is pretty meaningless. As you are prbbly rushing through to lvl up for demo purposes only. But that is also why I didnt make a similar comparison with the warriors you presented at the top of your post. Tho am sure there will be feedback accordingly and as well.

Ultimately, hope this helps in your analysis and in the loong run.. . ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Akk. .. forgot to mention.

Mage / Archer. In the (rough) comparison posted above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quoting from In-Game: 2010-04-09 Content Update (45589)

However: I really appreciate your input. I was going to abandon my character going into level 20 as I had balanced the stats evenly across the three attributes. More or less as best I could. Because of which I could not equip loot. On making just a surface comparison with one presented by all of you!?!, I think I'll hold my character until the Dev's adjust requirements for equipping loot accordingly.

Alta: Level 28 / AJP: Level 20
    Kills: 2654 / Kills: 3670
    Deaths: 121 / Deaths: 63

STR: 1 / STR: 38
    DEX: 20 / DEX: 51
    INT: 130 / INT: 21

Hit%: 97 / Hit%: 94
    Crit: 12 / Crit: 11
    Dodge: 1 / Dodge: 4
    Health: 200 // Health: 269
    Regen: 0 / Regen: 1
    Mana: 365 / mana: 260
    Regen: 4 / Regen: 3
    Damage: 56-66 // Damage: 36-44
    DPS: 23 / DPS: 21
    Armor: 43 / Armor: 26

Character AJP is 8 levels below. And As Presently Equipped. Lvl. 10 Armor and a Lvl. 15 Bow at best. Not sure at the moment. Will check back with that.
    And why should AJP be able to equip his level equivalent loot if he spends his attributes incorrectly?

I think the Devs should release formulas how attributes affect stats, and how skill points affect skills in detail.
    Also, I 100% agree that potions should have a cooldown, though I would prefer a longer cooldown, maybe 1-2 mins.
    And make the enchantress class to have a more dedicated role in healing, atm there is only 1 heal if I'm right?
    The regen skills should be buffed as potions would have a longer cooldown.
    Why do I prefer a longer cooldown on potions? Well, just imagine PvP in the future, I've played so many games that have a short/no cooldown on potions at all, PvP is not fun at all.
    The one that runs out of potions first wins, I remember in The legend of Ares where I defeated a 15 levels higher player by spamming potions like mad.
    Don't know about you guys, but I don't like the idea that everything is dependent on potions, like performance, survivability etc.
    A potion should be just be a little help in those "that was a close one" situations.

What do you think?

Edit: One option would be to have a rest feature/button, so that you can rest regenerating HP/Mana faster, this would be usable like 7 seconds after being in "combat" or something, e.g. after damaging an enemy.
    Last edited by Shebee; 04-18-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ummm.. . this wouldnt be the third account that your posting from would it Shebee!?! Lemme guess. So it's one for each character? Or is there more to it thn just that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ummm.. . this wouldnt be the third account that your posting from would it Shebee!?! Lemme guess. So it's one for each character? Or is there more to it thn just that?
    ?_?
    I think you need medical attention.
    You talk crap that make no sense and whine that because someone distributes their attributes in a totally stupid way he's not able to equip items, well no ****?
    And now you talk crazy **** like this, just because everyone else is intelligent enough to understand why you are wrong doesn't mean I have 5 accounts on this forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry. I don't have the time for this. You have yourself a nice day now.