Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Player Reforms. (Journal + Suggestions) @Devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default New Player Reforms. (Journal + Suggestions) @Devs

Hi,

Recently I have created a new account, and tried to cap without using my old connections.

From level 1 to level 40, it was a breeze. I had fun enjoying the storyline and level up in process. The free gears were nice too, I was able to solo every map. Level 40 to 46 was pretty okay, enjoyable, but was a bit difficult.

Tindrin was medium difficulty, but I was getting oneshotted by Alargan, and Rendtail. I died a lot of times, but managed to finish the campaign.

I was about level 50 now after finishing Tindrin. I was able to join one of the top 10 guild (not gonna mention which guild, and it wasn't the one which my main account was in).

Now it was time to play Glinstone campaign. It was hell...... Every mob was oneshotting me. I bought level 50 gears with all the money I had levelling. It was difficult. Nearly impossible. I asked for help in guild, no one was willing to help, maybe this was due to event.

But the main problem is that the maps are always empty, and I have to end up soloing them. I met people from time to time, but since they were actually new, they wouldn't make much difference. Sometimes, they would make the map harder.

Now, getting to the main point:

1) I had to always play every map solo, every map until festerfang should be soloable.

2) It takes way too long to level up as a new player especially without access to XP Elixirs from shop.

3) I wasn't eligible for free xp elixir until I was around level 40.

4) The amount of XP dailies give should be increased.

5) Dungeon Crawler, and Unstoppable Force quests are a waste of time. 300 XP each, and they take way too long. XP should atleast be increased to 600. Considering when the other nordr daily quest about collecting crystals give 600 xp when it takes only 1 min to do it.

6) Shimmering Crystal daily quest is wayy too rng. It takes about 6 runs of the same map to finish this.

7) Even as a level 60 fully geared mage, I am not being able to do underhul dailies. The boss oneshot me. I normally end up needing to get damage reduction elixir, and even then it takes way too long. I can't do graveyard dailies as a level 60 mage either: No one is there, and the mobs oneshot me.

8) Northal quest is daily quest, but he is rarely awake during that period. My suggestion is that as long as the player has the quest he should be able to spawn Northal. I mean why is it a daily quest when he can't be fought daily? Not many people farm him anyways.

9) More quests should be added in every region to fight bosses for xp similar to Glintstone, and Underhul. Also, similar to Northal, fighting cryostar should also be a daily quest.

10) lastly, once again, I believe that every level should be soloable for new player until atleast the expansion before the most recent expansion. In this case, every map should be solo-able until festerfang.

Sincerely,
    Chaleze.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Hi,

Recently I have created a new account, and tried to cap without using my old connections.

From level 1 to level 40, it was a breeze. I had fun enjoying the storyline and level up in process. The free gears were nice too, I was able to solo every map. Level 40 to 46 was pretty okay, enjoyable, but was a bit difficult.

Tindrin was medium difficulty, but I was getting oneshotted by Alargan, and Rendtail. I died a lot of times, but managed to finish the campaign.

I was about level 50 now after finishing Tindrin. I was able to join one of the top 10 guild (not gonna mention which guild, and it wasn't the one which my main account was in).

Now it was time to play Glinstone campaign. It was hell...... Every mob was oneshotting me. I bought level 50 gears with all the money I had levelling. It was difficult. Nearly impossible. I asked for help in guild, no one was willing to help, maybe this was due to event.

But the main problem is that the maps are always empty, and I have to end up soloing them. I met people from time to time, but since they were actually new, they wouldn't make much difference. Sometimes, they would make the map harder.

1) I had to always play every map solo, every map until festerfang should be soloable.

2) It takes way too long to level up as a new player especially without access to XP Elixirs from shop.

5) Dungeon Crawler, and Unstoppable Force quests are a waste of time. 300 XP each, and they take way too long. XP should atleast be increased to 600. Considering when the other nordr daily quest about collecting crystals give 600 xp when it takes only 1 min to do it.

6) Shimmering Crystal daily quest is wayy too rng. It takes about 6 runs of the same map to finish this.

7) Even as a level 60 fully geared mage, I am not being able to do underhul dailies. The boss oneshot me. I normally end up needing to get damage reduction elixir, and even then it takes way too long. I can't do graveyard dailies as a level 60 mage either: No one is there, and the mobs oneshot me.

8) Northal quest is daily quest, but he is rarely awake during that period. My suggestion is that as long as the player has the quest he should be able to spawn Northal. I mean why is it a daily quest when he can't be fought daily? Not many people farm him anyways.

9) More quests should be added in every region to fight bosses for xp similar to Glintstone, and Underhul. Also, similar to Northal, fighting cryostar should also be a daily quest.

10) lastly, once again, I believe that every level should be soloable for new player until atleast the expansion before the most recent expansion. In this case, every map should be solo-able until festerfang.

Sincerely,
    Chaleze.

In my own very personal opinion of which belongs to me, myself and I only, I feel that one shouldn’t be able to rush to 76 in any less than a week, at the absolute maximum. I mean, this is 8+ years of work, after all. Surely the quests and storylines have expanded vastly since launch, hence each re-run should feel almost as arduous and painstaking as it did the first time round. Again, this is my personal stance on the matter, and I reiterate that the opinion stated above belongs to myself only. No drama pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archugejackmen View Post
    In my own very personal opinion of which belongs to me, myself and I only, I feel that one shouldn’t be able to rush to 76 in any less than a week, at the absolute maximum. I mean, this is 8+ years of work, after all. Surely the quests and storylines have expanded vastly since launch, hence each re-run should feel almost as arduous and painstaking as it did the first time round. Again, this is my personal stance on the matter, and I reiterate that the opinion stated above belongs to myself only. No drama pls
    Yeah, I am only saying people should be able to solo dungeons until the expansion before the current one. In this case, all maps should be soloable until festerfang (not including festerfang)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

I will agree with the point about Shimmering Crystals daily, it really takes so long to collect those and probably its the longest daily quest to do right now. Slight fix on possibly being able to gather them from any Tindirin mob instead of just snakes would be enough I believe.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The best should be impliment here is new free bound arcane n heroic stuffs gears, pet reward from quest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Personally, I believe leveling is ok if not even too fast (I see new hcs being 71 on the first day). I dont know how new players deal with leveling nowadays tho. I agree that they might need some kind of support via items again but making is easier in general to level is not a good idea imo. The difference between new players and experienced players is already too big. The first group struggles on low-mid levels for weeks while the others cap within a day. So some free xp elixirs for first time accs or a lvl61 legendary set might be better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    I will agree with the point about Shimmering Crystals daily, it really takes so long to collect those and probably its the longest daily quest to do right now. Slight fix on possibly being able to gather them from any Tindirin mob instead of just snakes would be enough I believe.
    Would rather prefer if every snake counts for the quest instead of it being rng.
    meep meep

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaprisha For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archugejackmen View Post
    The only problem is, it’s fun growing with the game when you are at cap and and very much current in game. It’s very difficult and slow and boring when there’s no one really invested in the game playing along side you. In game I’ve had some gold saved up so items weren’t an issue , so I can’t imagine starting from scratch.

At cap everything is super exciting because EVERYONE current is playing. I remember reaching cap back for 31, 36, 41, and everything being so fresh. Being a return player and coming back this past Halloween after somethin like a 4yr break...I can see how leveling players can be turned off. I’ve never been one to level up nor do I like leveling up....so I just kind of take my time...that being said I do agree with a lot of what was being said the original post

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rokksteady For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

+1 new players are not retained in al because of leveling up. It's easy to level up from the experienced/ returnee player because they know the double xp elixirs, quests and stuff but on the foot of the naive new players that are not even legible for plat offers at start, it is such a boredom and practically would quit in reach level 50s.

leveling up should be easier, were hitting lvl 81 now so thats a long way to level up
    and as we now life is on endgame. im thinking of daily rewards too, not just klaas and shazbot.

<

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dynastygaming For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Personally, I believe leveling is ok if not even too fast (I see new hcs being 71 on the first day). I dont know how new players deal with leveling nowadays tho. I agree that they might need some kind of support via items again but making is easier in general to level is not a good idea imo. The difference between new players and experienced players is already too big. The first group struggles on low-mid levels for weeks while the others cap within a day. So some free xp elixirs for first time accs or a lvl61 legendary set might be better.
    Not easy to level, but being allowed to solo Glintstone and Underhul will be a huge help.

And the hardcore accounts get huge help from their friends and guildmates.

While new players on the other hand are ignored most of the time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paktwo View Post
    The best should be impliment here is new free bound arcane n heroic stuffs gears, pet reward from quest.
    Slightly nerfing glinstone and underhul maps, and making them solo-able would be a huge help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Hi,

Sincerely,
    Chaleze.

Thankyou! I have been saying this for quite some time now.
    You experienced the reality of what it's like for new players and most likely know why they give up before level 60.
    I did the same as you and managed to make a few same level friends but they are long gone. The guild I joined, not the one my main is in didn't help, apart from one player.
    For those who say, they need to learn and enjoy the game..try it!
    It's lonely and quite frankly mind numbingly boring and frustrating.
    When we were going through the maps, we had other players doing the same. New players have nobody.
    They can't even join in with events most of the time and for some strange reason everyone, including me now, needs a speed set otherwise we are all crawling around like snails.
    Underhul is far too difficult for a new player to solo and most don't even know they need to click on the plants before killing the worms/slugs whatever.
    Anyway, thanks for this thread.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

But you are meant to play with party, not just solo through everything. But then we come to the problem of not enough newer players who would play all lower lvl maps.
    And there should be guides how to maximise your xp gain but people are kinda getting lazy nowadays. Everyone wants to become the best in shortest amount of time, everything is getting faster and faster. Everyone wants to have millions immdeiately, everything needs to be the best.
    Idk, and its not just this game. People generally are getting used to having everything from the start.
    But thats just my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Personally, having or find friends with mutual goals are key. There's an entire forum here to help, simple starting the game today and expect to be 76 next week running end game is a joke. The grind is the nature of the game however, I agree with the tindirin daily. Takes toooo long

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Razererxx View Post
    But you are meant to play with party, not just solo through everything. But then we come to the problem of not enough newer players who would play all lower lvl maps.
    And there should be guides how to maximise your xp gain but people are kinda getting lazy nowadays. Everyone wants to become the best in shortest amount of time, everything is getting faster and faster. Everyone wants to have millions immdeiately, everything needs to be the best.
    Idk, and its not just this game. People generally are getting used to having everything from the start.
    But thats just my opinion
    There is no one to play with, new players have no choice but to slow.

There are guides on how to maximize XP on forums, but that's not the issue.

Most players are in end-game. It should be easy for everyone to reach end-game and play together.

There are two options:

A) Decrease the amount of XP needed to cap, and make every level solo-able (as I mentioned)

B) Advertise the game to bring in more new players.

Option A is much cheaper for STS, but option B is healthier for the game, and let's be honest, STS won't ever spend money on advertising.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evilmorty View Post
    Personally, having or find friends with mutual goals are key. There's an entire forum here to help, simple starting the game today and expect to be 76 next week running end game is a joke. The grind is the nature of the game however, I agree with the tindirin daily. Takes toooo long
    Even if you have people who are on the same situation as you, sometimes they won't be online when you are.

As I mentioned, I am in one of the top 10 guild atm with a level 60 account. No one is willing to help me through dailies.

And I feel bad for expecting someone to repeat the same map with me over and over when they have nothing to gain from it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

A good way of making leveling up for new players may be giving them more gear as they keep leveling up since these "level packs" stop at lvl41(or 46 not sure).
    Those packs should be reworked or upgraded by adding actual useful items as the player levels up (ring, necklace, belt, respec scrolls, story tokens, jewel sacks, awakening gems) (all of these items would be character bound)
    The level packs should be granted until the max lvl of previous cap imo.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flashio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashio View Post
    A good way of making leveling up for new players may be giving them more gear as they keep leveling up since these "level packs" stop at lvl41(or 46 not sure).
    Those packs should be reworked or upgraded by adding actual useful items as the player levels up (ring, necklace, belt, respec scrolls, story tokens, jewel sacks, awakening gems) (all of these items would be character bound)
    The level packs should be granted until the max lvl of previous cap imo.
    People should be levelling at a faster rate as well. it's not like there is any disadvantage to anyone if people can cap fast.

Its only beneficial to if new players can reach end-game quickly.

They will be able to enjoy the game with everyone and therefore be happy to purchase plats. Old players will be able to run the map with more players, and overall the community will be bigger, and healthier.

Grinding is okay in a game with lots of new players, but no one is downloading an MMO to play solo all the way until the end. If AL had a lot more new players, and there were other players for new players to play with then the current levelling process would be fine.

But since there is no one for new players to play with, IMO, they should be able to reach end-game quickly to actually enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    I feel they have increased the drop rate now. Idk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Maybe just a message that if you are dying too much, return to earlier zones to gain experience or equips or pets.

Underhul and Glintstone are a bit tough, but I have leveled several HC's without guild help. It is not easy but basically, one does other things to level until one can do those zones, or get slightly better equips, or pets, or all of those.

A slight nerf of Underhul and Glintstone might be warranted. Tindirin actually is not bad, especially if you can die and just respawn. It does not seem to be much of a bottleneck, even for HC's. Underhul and Glintstone, especially Glintstone, requires a bit more consideration as to one's experience, equips, etc. to advance.

It is actually possible that being stopped at Garetta is OK, because before this, one does not need to take into consideration all the aspects of the game, such as awakes, gems, pets, equips. A bit of time spent on these aspects of the game -- actually collecting some gems, actually doing some awakes, actually farming/buying some pets, actually farming/buying some higher rarity equips -- should actually get one through these zones. That is assuming one is supposed to take advantage of these game devices.

If it is assumed that players can ignore these game aspects, i.e. gems, awakes, pets, upgrade equips, etc. is not part of the game, then yes, Glintstone and Underhul are much too difficult. By all means nerf this zones for the gemless, awakeless, newbie pet, green equip players.

If one actually does need to check one's character, i.e. check build, farm some gems, try some awakes, get some better pets, then no, these zones are just right.

Star light, star bright...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post: