Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Player Reforms. (Journal + Suggestions) @Devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Maybe just a message that if you are dying too much, return to earlier zones to gain experience or equips or pets.

Underhul and Glintstone are a bit tough, but I have leveled several HC's without guild help. It is not easy but basically, one does other things to level until one can do those zones, or get slightly better equips, or pets, or all of those.

A slight nerf of Underhul and Glintstone might be warranted. Tindirin actually is not bad, especially if you can die and just respawn. It does not seem to be much of a bottleneck, even for HC's. Underhul and Glintstone, especially Glintstone, requires a bit more consideration as to one's experience, equips, etc. to advance.

It is actually possible that being stopped at Garetta is OK, because before this, one does not need to take into consideration all the aspects of the game, such as awakes, gems, pets, equips. A bit of time spent on these aspects of the game -- actually collecting some gems, actually doing some awakes, actually farming/buying some pets, actually farming/buying some higher rarity equips -- should actually get one through these zones. That is assuming one is supposed to take advantage of these game devices.

If it is assumed that players can ignore these game aspects, i.e. gems, awakes, pets, upgrade equips, etc. is not part of the game, then yes, Glintstone and Underhul are much too difficult. By all means nerf this zones for the gemless, awakeless, newbie pet, green equip players.

If one actually does need to check one's character, i.e. check build, farm some gems, try some awakes, get some better pets, then no, these zones are just right.
    There is no in-game tutorial, videos, guides explaining Awakening. New players won't have any idea what to do with them.

And Awakening Gem costs 30-40k per gem atm, do u think new players can afford?

I had 50k pet in my run, that's what about every new player will have.

If I am level 50, and i am having trouble soloing maps for which the recommended level is 40-46, is the problem with me or with the map?

Most maps are designed to be played as party, but since STS is showing no efforts in advertising to bring in new players, atleast make the game playable and enjoyable for the people that somehow accidentally stumble upon this game from God knows where.

Almost all new players atleast play the game until level 50, then most quit. Why?

a) They have no one to grind those hard levels with, and can't solo the maps

b) The amount of XP needed to level up after that point.

c) The game gets boring with nothing to do!

Elaborating all my points, let's say I am level 50 and should be playing garetta maps, but I am unable to solo the maps, and despite typing in chat "Need Help" and "Please Help Me" for past 20 min, no one is willing to help me. What should I do now? Play tindrin? At this point I don't get any XP from those maps!

Then eventualy these players are told to do dailies, which they can only do every 24 hours. Why would a new player log in to only do dailies once every 24 hours everyday? They have nothing to do after doing dailies which makes the game boring and makes them quit!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Taking away from this it would be reasonable to not only scale maps to level, but also to damage output, armor/hp and wether the player is solo, with a homie, the third musketeer or with the boys.
    This allows for more differing combat and can also make endgame/endgame event maps more interesting to run.
    Aside from that, it would very likely solve the problems people face when hitting lv50
    I agree that its jumping hurdles until tindirin, and when one reaches glintstone its like the hurdles doubled in size.. while on fire.. hanging above a pool with sharks.
    Im no expert but im sure alot more new people would find this game alot more interesting if it wasnt a must to have a fully geared chad bulldozing you thru the campaign.
    I have said in the past its not hard if you just do level appropiate maps with level appropiate gear, but try telling that to a newbie that just learned guns arent for rogues.
    Last edited by Spooked; 02-17-2021 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yet, strangely, my hardcores can randomly awaken random equips every few xp quest rounds, and often end up with Awake Gems. Strange indeed.

Star light, star bright...