Thread: Average Item Prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Average Item Prices

Hi,

Would it be bad for the game if STS makes an algorithm that tells the average price of an item?

Obviously the algorithm has to be advanced enough to detect outliers, and not be tricked by manipulators.

The algorithm, for example, could select the cheapest one available on auction everyday, and average that.

It would help new players out by letting them know an average value of items, and it will prevent people from getting scammed!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Hi,

Would it be bad for the game if STS makes an algorithm that tells the average price of an item?

Obviously the algorithm has to be advanced enough to detect outliers, and not be tricked by manipulators.

The algorithm, for example, could select the cheapest one available on auction everyday, and average that.

It would help new players out by letting them know an average value of items, and it will prevent people from getting scammed!

Or just show for how much the item was last sold in the auc

Gesendet von meinem SM-M307FN mit Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hi,

or maybe sts make a guide for players who open the auction for the first time, a guide in writing or action, where players must know the original price and the possibility of price ups and downs

Sent from my Axioo AX5 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

this is impossible thx. prices are driven by supply and demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dynastygaming View Post
    this is impossible thx. prices are driven by supply and demand.
    Yes, hence average price.

Even if prices are driven by demand and supply, we are still able to calculate an average price over a certain period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Yes, hence average price.

Even if prices are driven by demand and supply, we are still able to calculate an average price over a certain period.

uhmm about the rare items if last item is sold last 3 years thats still the average price? aye, certain factors are to be considered too the inflation and deflation of the economy, events and etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gilsooon View Post
    uhmm about the rare items if last item is sold last 3 years thats still the average price? aye, certain factors are to be considered too the inflation and deflation of the economy, events and etc.
    They don't have to include items for which they have very little data!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

They don't have to include items for which they have very little data!

averaging still wont work in general items because items price are volatile so keeping your idea would be like stock market and players would still end up guessing the trend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by championboost View Post
    Or just show for how much the item was last sold in the auc

Gesendet von meinem SM-M307FN mit Tapatalk
    Agree with this. Doesn't have to get complicated with the average as it isn't reliable.

Just a little refinement:
    If an item is last sold more than a week ago it will not have a "last sold" anymore thus giving chance for items to have a new flexible price based on current demand and supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dynastygaming View Post
    averaging still wont work in general items because items price are volatile so keeping your idea would be like stock market and players would still end up guessing the trend.
    There's nothing wrong with knowing whether the prices are increasing or decreasing. As long as people can know the average price, then they will able able to buy items without getting ripped!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

There's nothing wrong with knowing whether the prices are increasing or decreasing. As long as people can know the average price, then they will able able to buy items without getting ripped!

just check the auction then and lastly you cannot average gears with different awakes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Way too complex for the small result. For example, many items are unique due awakes and jewels. Extremely rare items get most often "manipulated" and wont be listed. People can just buy certain items at high prices to pull avg high, etc.
    It isnt necessary considered price manipulation if someone sold an item to you for too much gold. It means certain people and groups purposively and artificially increase the price by spreading rumors or create monopoly. I'm writing this bc many people don't know what sts means by manipulation. Let me make an example.

What is NOT manipulation:
    - A single person selling an item higher/lower than it is/was listed in auction.
    - Someone trying to make gold by buying items for less than they sell it afterwards.
    What IS manipulation:
    - Creating groups to artificially boost prices of specific items by either decreasing supply by creating a monopoly or increasing demand by faking impressions of buy offers (spam towns, forums, create new accs on a large scale).
    - Spreading fake information, rumors to take advantage of the social market (e.g. faking a pic of cinco saying the tree set gets rereleased next event)

Resulting from this, I believe the amount of people who do actual manipulation is way lower than most think. Banning them is important but implementing a whole system seems unnecessary to me (rather report and ban them via support).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I agree with @QuaseT, in a game like Arcane Legends, you can't calculate an average over many items. For example, a belt with 50% gold loot might be worth 500k, but there's another 50% gold loot that also has 15% movement speed and 15% boss damage, incluiding different jewels. Therefore, the price for this belt is not going to be 500k, but higher. Awakenings make it impossible to calculate an average price for the items. I never thought about that until reading Qua's opinion on this thread.