Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Changing tabs results to a connection lost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Default Changing tabs results to a connection lost

Playing on mobile device. Prior, I used to switch tabs for upto 2mins without disconnecting from the game when I switch back. But after 1 or 2 updates ago(when I noticed), switching to any tab for a split second, then switch back to the game, it always disconnects. I've probably tested it 30 times now, all consistently disconnected me upon switching tabs for just a split second.

Unsure if this is a bug or intended?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

I'm guessing you mean suspending and resuming? I have no idea what 'switching tabs' means in this context.

I just checked that on all platforms, and it still works as expected for me (can be suspended for a bit under 2 minutes before it resets).

Maybe something has changed about your device that is causing it to drop sockets for suspended apps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    I'm guessing you mean suspending and resuming? I have no idea what 'switching tabs' means in this context.

I just checked that on all platforms, and it still works as expected for me (can be suspended for a bit under 2 minutes before it resets).

Maybe something has changed about your device that is causing it to drop sockets for suspended apps?
    Leaving the game to use another app like the calculator for example, is what i mean by switching tabs in my mobile device. Basically suspending and resuming as you've implied.

Though Its a device issue i guess. Just checked, works fine on other devices. Thank you for the response anyways.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 02-12-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Usually it depends on your phone RAM I assume or if your phone is on a battery save option etc. Usually it will suspend the app to conserve battery and so when you go back to the app it ping spikes and makes you dc. If I have my phone on charge switch to another app then go back to al it doesn't suspend the app on me so no ping spike.
    Funny bug (futu don't fix this) bug from years ago and still today. If you go like in pier bottom right then suspend your game so your ping spikes and as its spiking you run against the corner then stop; once your ping adjusts your character will be glitching back and forth on the wall. Happens everywhere with a corner. Rarely anyone does it though and moving instantly fixes it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Usually it depends on your phone RAM I assume or if your phone is on a battery save option etc. Usually it will suspend the app to conserve battery and so when you go back to the app it ping spikes and makes you dc. If I have my phone on charge switch to another app then go back to al it doesn't suspend the app on me so no ping spike.
    Funny bug (futu don't fix this) bug from years ago and still today. If you go like in pier bottom right then suspend your game so your ping spikes and as its spiking you run against the corner then stop; once your ping adjusts your character will be glitching back and forth on the wall. Happens everywhere with a corner. Rarely anyone does it though and moving instantly fixes it.
    You're right, it is the battery saver. I forgot that it suspends running apps in the background. Now everything is sorted, thank you.