Thread: How Can We Keep Interest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Default How Can We Keep Interest?

Right now, Alterra (at least at endgame) is dead. No one is coming on! How can we keep interest? We can't have STS keep on putting out campaigns, especially with 2-3 other games! Also that gets some people annoyed (like the 61-66 switch). What I think would keep us into the game would be add-ons.

If some of us "oldies" look back and try to remember we each have our own favorite cap. I think way back to the 45 cap. I think this cap should be the model cap for STS. Of course, everyone starts playing at the cap's release, but then people slowly drop out. At this cap they added numerous add-ons to get us excited to pick up the game. There were shock lances, red scarab bow, royal staffs, numerous helmets redesigned, and more! Now what can we expect going into Humania?

Now we have to compromise. We have several player ran tournaments keeping us interested. If we were to get a few extra items thrown in. Not at the cap, but maybe halfway to the next cap. Once majority of us hit the elite cap and get our PvP rush we start to become inactive. Now imagine farming, learning to use new weapons, and more all over again!

What do you guys think about this? Would this keep you interested? Do you have any other suggestions?

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Post them below!
    -Buddyf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I totally agree, so many have dropped out because they are waiting for the new cap or they got straight up bored!! Me myself, I haven't been doing much lately, I just recently completed the cyber quests and now I'm bored to death!!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What if, at cap, you could unlock all of the old missiona but in Elite mode? (like the elite frozen expedition things) but have a capped item pink drop rate and make super drops, like a lvl 65 Meathead masher club. They could be hella rare, tougher mobs etc. allow you to gain prestige. Or make an ultra rare elixer drop or some kind of lotto chest in a random game that might drop 1 plat or 10,000 gold.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

U guys obviously didnt see the new post samhayne posted with pic of humania and a new vanity pet!! Coming sooooon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark:624683
    U guys obviously didnt see the new post samhayne posted with pic of humania and a new vanity pet!! Coming sooooon!
    Hes talking about the future. So we don't have a repeat of fang, where end gamers get to cap, pvp awhile, then disappear till next cap.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    Campaigns only retain interest for a bit. And vanity pets are all plat. There's no farming for them, which IMO part of the fun.

These guys are talking about more than that. Adding mkre content so people dont just cap and leave.

Sent from my Droid X
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I have a 61 bear (ik not endgame so sue me) but I find my time on him is decreasing and increasing on my 46 mage 30 bird and newest mage lv 13
    Nobody can screw up like americans

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Oh alright...i seee...hmmm..when i got bored i started collecting an gettin to know my friends more..i wish they would have player houses and open worlds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

We need better pink drop even if you use lucky potion amg a 3 week and 0 pink

thejokerlol level 71 bear l guild eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    So that gets you excited until you realize you are only about 300 platinum short of getting one yourself... I'm talking about something we can get deep into, not something that will get us interested for... A few minutes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

What if we had a questing reward system. Somewhat inspired by daily challenges on xbl. There are NPCs throughout alterra that give you a new quest each day, maybe 3-5 a day... And each time you complete them you get a "quest point". There could also be weekly quests and monthly quests that are much larger undertakings, that will give more "quest points". Quest points cannot be traded or stashed.
    Then a quest points merchant (maybe a couple different npc, in different areas of the game each week, they move around) and you can buy things from these merchants using your quest points. Make some cheap vanities and special items, and make more and more expensive ones. this will motivate people to continually complete these daily/weekly/monthly quests to get the points. make a variety of expensive items, like 200 quest points price so people have a reason to save long term for these points. maybe even change the items up weekly And rotate them so people also have the excitement of seeing what items they can save for and wondering when the merchant will carry them again.
    it could be tweaked but these items wouldn't be everywhere and would offer something unique for active players.

idea for some of the quests:
    Daily quest: kill 5 vyxnaars
    daily quest: kill 100 minions in the swamps
    Daily: kill fridge
    daily quest: talk to random npc (have to find him)
    Weekly quest: kill 1000 minions in xx campaign.
    Weekly: kill 100 bosses
    Monthly: kill 45 shadow witches
    Monthly: Gather 500 shards of light (random drop from bosses)

These are just examples and this could be expanded and scaled appropriately. the point is to make a portion of the game that can't be bought, so people have a reason to spend time playing the game over the long term.

Add some other types of quests, elite ones etc

part of the appeal would managing what you spend your points on. do you buy those cool items for 50 qp or save for that really sweet thing for 500 qp

What you guys think?
    Last edited by Ixillicus; 04-19-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Achievements would be a welcome addition, much in a way as they're implemented in DL, minus all the plat spending.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dartagnian View Post
    What if, at cap, you could unlock all of the old missiona but in Elite mode? (like the elite frozen expedition things) but have a capped item pink drop rate and make super drops, like a lvl 65 Meathead masher club. They could be hella rare, tougher mobs etc. allow you to gain prestige. Or make an ultra rare elixer drop or some kind of lotto chest in a random game that might drop 1 plat or 10,000 gold.
    The lotto chest sounds like a good idea but it's 15 plat for 2.5k gold so idk if that ratio will work out
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Or just quit PL.

Yah I'm so boreddd!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    I think devs know that once players hit cap they get bored after a while. That's why they make threads like this
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?32772

Or like this
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?53443

They want our feedback on what they could add and improve to make the game cooler
    In my opinion hunting devs down to get antennas is cool. The 2011 antennas are cool and having them in stash was alright, but to have a "I found a dev" antenna is way cooler
    Like a pair of these
    What I am suggesting isn't another vanity, or an old school item coming back. I'm asking for addition elite items that we can farm and trade/sell. Like a rush to be one of the first few to get it. Then maybe the first to collect all three of the additional items. Doesn't need to be a whole campaign, just an item or two at a time to keep us interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

lovin the daily/weekly quest idea. thats brillianNt, and would for surebring some people back. also, the elite dungeon idea was great, wouldn gave to ve for all the dungeond just a handful for 65+, make'em real hard with low (but not nonexistent) drop rates of some cool gear, likr a hell mode from diablo.

just tossing another one out there, "remorting" or the act of dropping to lrvel one and possibly keeping your eq and having to lvl up again e while adding a cool titte or something like that
    or maybe some items that are remort players usable only
    sorry for typos am on cell phone!
    o_O
    O_o
    o_O IGN: Gotrocks/Gotstorms/Gotguns